It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello everyone,

My game always Crashes to desktop, no matter if it is Insta Action, Single player, Multiplayer or whatever.. But only in Direct 3D mode. In software it runs. Does anyone have a idea what is causes it?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
AMD R9 290
AMD FX-9350
Toshiba Q-Series Pro 256GB
16GB Ram
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Try to install this - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
That Partial worked. It either freezes or/and just eats up all available CPU power.. Or still crashes like before. Quick side note.. it seem to work at 640x480 in windowed..

EDIT:
I Changed in the Task-Manager, since it ate so much CPU, to just one CPU thread. From current observations sugesting that it works now.
Post edited October 02, 2014 by Cyberate
I never quite understood why the Unreal/UT devs insist on using the Direct3D driver by default, when their OpenGL driver is clearly much better written. They even buried the option away in an INI, as if they're ashamed of it, for what reason I have no idea.

My advice is to forget about Direct3D and go with the OpenGL driver. See if it works better for you. You just have to edit your ut2004.ini file and make a couple of changes under the [Engine.Engine] section header.

You should find a line like this:
RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice

Comment that line out with a semicolon, so it instead looks like this:
;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice

Now remove the comment from this line:
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

So that it looks like this:
RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

Good luck!
Post edited October 11, 2014 by Eldarby