It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

hobx: Glut nix, what version of OSX are you running? Tried this today and the patch doesn't seem to work under mavericks. I run it, a message flicks up for a half second which I think says "applying patches" but it doesn't seem to work....
I had the same problem and tried it for several hours. It was't so hard in the end. I dont know if you in Terminalstuff and so on? But on my Mavericks MBP I made the following:

Follow the instructions to step 3. Right-click the patcher and choose Show Package Contents to see the application's contents. Then navigate in /Contents/MacOS/ and there you will find the "mojopatch" file.

Open the terminal (Applications/Utilities/Terminal) and drag and drop the "mojopatch" in there.
At the next step, you navigate to the root of the patcher where you will find the "default.mojopatch" file. You drag and drop it in the terminal too. It should be looking like this one:

/Volumes/UT2004\ for\ Mac\ OS\ X\ 3369.2\ patch/UT2004\ Mac\ OS\ X\ 3369.2\ patch.app/Contents/MacOS/mojopatch /Volumes/UT2004\ for\ Mac\ OS\ X\ 3369.2\ patch/UT2004\ Mac\ OS\ X\ 3369.2\ patch.app/default.mojopatch

Now you push the "Enter" button and the patcher should start.
Hello folks, any ideas on this behavior on OSX Mavericks?

07/04/14 20:30:41,395 Finder[276]: CGSCopyDisplayUUID: Invalid display 0x2b284852
07/04/14 20:30:42,688 Unreal Tournament 2004[49348]: CPSGetCurrentProcess(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.
07/04/14 20:30:42,688 Unreal Tournament 2004[49348]: CPSSetForegroundOperationState(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.
07/04/14 20:30:42,797 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[139]: (com.epicgames.ut2004.89088[49348]) Exited with code: 1
07/04/14 20:30:42,834 Finder[276]: CGSCopyDisplayUUID: Invalid display 0x2b284852
Sorry for the late bump, but I'm also having the same issue Razofgal is having. I successfully patched and injected the demo, but when I attempt to run the application, the UT2k4 title screen opens and abruptly closes after around 3 seconds. Any ideas what's wrong?
foooness: Hello folks, any ideas on this behavior on OSX Mavericks?

07/04/14 20:30:41,395 Finder[276]: CGSCopyDisplayUUID: Invalid display 0x2b284852
07/04/14 20:30:42,688 Unreal Tournament 2004[49348]: CPSGetCurrentProcess(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.
07/04/14 20:30:42,688 Unreal Tournament 2004[49348]: CPSSetForegroundOperationState(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.
07/04/14 20:30:42,797 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[139]: (com.epicgames.ut2004.89088[49348]) Exited with code: 1
07/04/14 20:30:42,834 Finder[276]: CGSCopyDisplayUUID: Invalid display 0x2b284852
I've had this happen before as well. This is usually caused by the game trying to start in a resolution that is not supported by the display being used. When I tried running the game on my 27" LG Flatron E2742, which has a native resolution of 1920x1080, the game would not run as it was set to the native resolution of my MacBook Pro, which is 1920x1200.
beber666: Ok I found:
1) I've deleted the unreal tournament folder in application support
2) Manually change the UT2004.ini in the system folder and change:

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]

Makes sure the following lines are as follows:-

FullscreenViewportX=1280
FullscreenViewportY=768
MenuViewportX=1280
MenuViewportY=768

Now it's working great !
EDIT:

Never mind, turns out that changing the resolution via a console command in the game, as opposed to changing it in the options menu, worked for me without making the game crash. Weird.

For those curious, the command is "SETRES WxHxD" (width, height, color depth, 32 recommended). Without quotation marks, of course.

I have OS X Yosemite so I suppose that proves this will work regardless of what kinda mac you currently have.
Post edited November 02, 2014 by coffeegator
Another thing to try in case the game launches, shows a black screen and then immediately exits: launch the game from the command line with the -nogamma command line option.

In case you don't know how to do that:
* open a Terminal window
* drag the "Unreal Tournament 2004.app" icon from the Finder into the Terminal window
* press backspace to remove the space that was added at the end, and add: /Contents/MacOS/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004 -nogamma (so you get something like "/Applications/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004.app/Contents/MacOS/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004 -nogamma")
* press return

This should help in case after the game fails to startup as described at the start of this post, $HOME/Library/Application\ Support/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004/System/UT2004.log contains Log: Unreal Call Stack: UOpenGLRenderDevice::UpdateGamma <- UOpenGLRenderDevice::SetRes <- USDLViewport::TryRenderDevice <- USDLViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
Post edited December 07, 2014 by jmaebe
Would be awesome if someone made an unofficial native port. If I'm not mistaken it should be possible, right? If done well it could even get picked up by GOG with the blessings of Epic Games?

I know so many people that love this game, and a lot of the same people don't own a Windows computer anymore, this could be a pretty big deal I think.
I've ran into a small issue. Really small one.

The voices, you know, taunts and such doesn't seem to work, it's just silent.
Quick question. I got a new registry key from GOG, how do I incorporate these reg files into wineskin? Do I just install them the same way as the GOG installer?
Thanks a lot. This post really ought to be stickied.
Actually I figured out the whole registry key thing a long time ago: open the .reg files up with textedit. That line of numbers with hyphens is your key.

I would agree with this being a sticky if it worked on all versions of OSX. I'm not sure about Mavericks.

EDIT: Mavericks confirmed by me to be working just fine after all this time, but I can't do Yosemite.
Post edited May 27, 2015 by Projectsonic
Hi,
How do I play UT 2004 on my mac. I'm running Yosemite and I know how to use wineskin so can I just download the game on GOG and create a wrapper or is there a pre-made wrapper?
hi,
first of all thanks a lot for your detailed description on this. I just installed the game on yosemite and could get the patch to work with archibaldschlick's terminal workaround, but now the game tells me that my cdkey is invalid. i made sure the cdkey-file had no extension and double-checked the key several times... anybody got an idea what i'm doing wrong here?
So is this hack still necessary? I bought UT2004 as the newsletter said it was Win+Mac compatible so I was kind of expecting it'd be Mac compatible out of the box, not "Mac compatible if you search around and eventually find you can inject it into a demo". There are no Mac downloads to be found.
LakesGeek: So is this hack still necessary? I bought UT2004 as the newsletter said it was Win+Mac compatible so I was kind of expecting it'd be Mac compatible out of the box, not "Mac compatible if you search around and eventually find you can inject it into a demo". There are no Mac downloads to be found.
It'll probably always be the only way, unless you prefer Wineskin (down the road this will probably be the only way to boot.)

The reason the full mac version wasn't packaged with this is probably because the mac version is really old. I'm surprised it still works for later OS versions because it's Universal Binary, and just barely at that because of the patch.