It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi all,

We have uploaded a new installer for UnEpic that will update your game to version 1.47. Please download it at your earliest convenience from your game shelf :)

Changelog:

1.- 30 new skills for weapons. Ubuntu sells them.

2.- Panels can be resized.

3.- Special panel for controller.

4.- New pictures for staves.

5.- New animation for magic essence.

6.- Inventory, spells and recipes can be sorted by pressing 'K'.

Thanks and have a nice day :)
JudasIscariot: Hi all,

We have uploaded a new installer for UnEpic that will update your game to version 1.47. Please download it at your earliest convenience from your game shelf :)

Changelog:

1.- 30 new skills for weapons. Ubuntu sells them.

2.- Panels can be resized.

3.- Special panel for controller.

4.- New pictures for staves.

5.- New animation for magic essence.

6.- Inventory, spells and recipes can be sorted by pressing 'K'.

Thanks and have a nice day :)
any idea when the GOG version will get the multiplayer mode ?
charbon: any idea when the GOG version will get the multiplayer mode ?
Not at all, the multiplayer mode is Steam exclusive.
charbon: any idea when the GOG version will get the multiplayer mode ?
Geralt_of_Rivia: Not at all, the multiplayer mode is Steam exclusive.
Are you saying that because you assume that is the case, or because you know that the developer changed his mind since he wrote this?
Geralt_of_Rivia: Not at all, the multiplayer mode is Steam exclusive.
Wishbone: Are you saying that because you assume that is the case, or because you know that the developer changed his mind since he wrote this?
I am saying this because I was told in no uncertain terms that multiplayer won't be coming to any version outside of Steam by the community manager on the game's own forum.
Wishbone: Are you saying that because you assume that is the case, or because you know that the developer changed his mind since he wrote this?
Geralt_of_Rivia: I am saying this because I was told in no uncertain terms that multiplayer won't be coming to any version outside of Steam by the community manager on the game's own forum.
Link, please?
Geralt_of_Rivia: I am saying this because I was told in no uncertain terms that multiplayer won't be coming to any version outside of Steam by the community manager on the game's own forum.
motherfucker. did he give any reason as to why ?

edit : oh, take a look at this thread http://www.gog.com/forum/unepic/multiplayer_and_serials
Post edited April 29, 2014 by charbon
@charbon: The reason he gave me was:

As the new multiplayer interacts specifically with the Steam network, I don't believe this feature will come in the future for a non-steam version because of that logistic alone.
@Wishbone: Link

Edit: @charbon: I have seen this thread but the developer has changed his mind about features so many times (and sometimes even faster than within one month) that I'm not going to hold my breath about promises. I'm not going to believe GOG multiplayer for UnEpic until I see it.

After all, UnEpic multiplayer exists for over a year now and it is still not here. You can hardly justify that with testing.
Post edited April 29, 2014 by Geralt_of_Rivia
Geralt_of_Rivia: @charbon: The reason he gave me was:

As the new multiplayer interacts specifically with the Steam network, I don't believe this feature will come in the future for a non-steam version because of that logistic alone.
Geralt_of_Rivia: @Wishbone: Link
So you tell others as fact what a community manager said he "believed" in August 2013, even though the developer himself said the complete opposite as late as February 2014?
Wishbone: So you tell others as fact what a community manager said he "believed" in August 2013, even though the developer himself said the complete opposite as late as February 2014?
The answer I was given was clear enough. Sure, the developer has said otherwise, but he has always been doing so. And he has always been making the same vague statements without any serious commitment. How can you believe that, given the developer's track record of "broken promises"? (Quotation marks because he actually never really "promises" anything. He likes making vague statements.)

Let me quote him:

Gog version has not multiplayer because is a feature that is still unfinished. Steam has the "early access" section for testing unfinished games, but gog has not something similar and therefore I don't see appropiate to publish unfinished parts of the game that are still under construction.
How do you read a promise that multiplayer will come to GOG from these lines? He never said so.
Unfortunately, this new version crashes in glDeleteTextures under Wine (when the loading progress bar hits the end) so I've restored my backup of the old version and I'll probably just end up beating that and forgetting to try any newer versions.
Post edited April 30, 2014 by ssokolow
Yeah and it's quite weird. New version of the game works with giveaway (11.3.1) version of CrossOver, which i keep without updates for regression cases, on my laptop with HD4000 video card. Crashes with latest wine. On my desktop with nVidia new version crashes with CrossOver 11.3.1 too.
I had to rollback and it works.
Also i've heard that new version crashes in win7 with nvidia cards for some people. So it's looks like this update triggered some bug in video card drivers and also there's some regression in wine.
great news :D
Thunderbringer: Yeah and it's quite weird. New version of the game works with giveaway (11.3.1) version of CrossOver, which i keep without updates for regression cases, on my laptop with HD4000 video card. Crashes with latest wine. On my desktop with nVidia new version crashes with CrossOver 11.3.1 too.
I had to rollback and it works.
Also i've heard that new version crashes in win7 with nvidia cards for some people. So it's looks like this update triggered some bug in video card drivers and also there's some regression in wine.
I wish I read that before deleting the old installer. Maybe another update will come along.
rawmilk905: I wish I read that before deleting the old installer. Maybe another update will come along.
You can ask support for a link to the old installer.