It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi guys and gals,

Just wanted to let you all know that we now have Unepic version 1.43.3 live on the servers. This version adds controller support and will ask you if you wish to calibrate your Xbox 360 before starting your game. I highly recommend you do so so that you have a smooth experience.

Keep in mind that due to the sheer amount of hotkeys that the game has that you will need to use your keyboard and/or mouse every now and then. This is mostly for the more esoteric functions such as writing something on the map or using the function keys that serve as inventory shortcuts. Basic movement and attacking can now be easily controlled via the game pad, if you so choose.

There are numerous and miscellaneous bug fixes included with this release as well.

Have fun :D.
Did it get rid of the nasty words that have succeeded only in reeking havoc on my fragile little mind!?

Oh and party on for the controller support! :D
tinyE: Did it get rid of the nasty words that have succeeded only in reeking havoc on my fragile little mind!?

No nasty words were harmed in this build :D
tinyE: Did it get rid of the nasty words that have succeeded only in reeking havoc on my fragile little mind!?

JudasIscariot: No nasty words were harmed in this build :D
The game pad setup IS a little screwy, at least it was for me. I couldn't get it to respond correctly until I bypassed that opening calibration screen and did everything from the main menu. Now it works great. Very nice BTW. I was using Joy2Key but you couldn't set a separate jump button with that at it was a pain in the ass. Now all is peachy.
JudasIscariot: No nasty words were harmed in this build :D
tinyE: The game pad setup IS a little screwy, at least it was for me. I couldn't get it to respond correctly until I bypassed that opening calibration screen and did everything from the main menu. Now it works great. Very nice BTW. I was using Joy2Key but you couldn't set a separate jump button with that at it was a pain in the ass. Now all is peachy.
The way I did it was to press whatever thing it wanted me to until the color turned green :D
tinyE: The game pad setup IS a little screwy, at least it was for me. I couldn't get it to respond correctly until I bypassed that opening calibration screen and did everything from the main menu. Now it works great. Very nice BTW. I was using Joy2Key but you couldn't set a separate jump button with that at it was a pain in the ass. Now all is peachy.
JudasIscariot: The way I did it was to press whatever thing it wanted me to until the color turned green :D
Yeah that worked until I got to the 3rd analogue (I don't know the terms) at which point it refused to acknowledge any input, so I just bypassed the whole thing.

Okay why I am I posting about this? The patch works, I'm happy, your happy. Must be a slow day. :P
JudasIscariot: Hi guys and gals,

Just wanted to let you all know that we now have Unepic version 1.43.3 live on the servers. This version adds controller support and will ask you if you wish to calibrate your Xbox 360 before starting your game. I highly recommend you do so so that you have a smooth experience.

Keep in mind that due to the sheer amount of hotkeys that the game has that you will need to use your keyboard and/or mouse every now and then. This is mostly for the more esoteric functions such as writing something on the map or using the function keys that serve as inventory shortcuts. Basic movement and attacking can now be easily controlled via the game pad, if you so choose.

There are numerous and miscellaneous bug fixes included with this release as well.

Thanks! Just downloaded and looking forward to the bug fixes and controller support. Was wondering though if saves from the prior release version still work with the new? And also can the new version just be installed on top of the existing since it's not an 'update' version? Or should the prior release version be uninstalled first?
BlueKronos: Thanks! Just downloaded and looking forward to the bug fixes and controller support. Was wondering though if saves from the prior release version still work with the new? And also can the new version just be installed on top of the existing since it's not an 'update' version? Or should the prior release version be uninstalled first?
I just installed the new version over the top of the existing one and it all still works fine. Even my save game was read okay. :)
I've had a problem with my game after installing the new version - there's a new skill for robes but I didn't get it in my save file so I can't wear any robes anymore.

Made a new character and I'm still missing the skill, although I don't know if it reveals itself when you get magic or buy a robe.

From what I can tell, it was a bug back in early this year with additions to multiplayer that didn't translate to single player. Not a clue why it's here now.
Post edited June 22, 2013 by Feragore
Feragore: I've had a problem with my game after installing the new version - there's a new skill for robes but I didn't get it in my save file so I can't wear any robes anymore.

Made a new character and I'm still missing the skill, although I don't know if it reveals itself when you get magic or buy a robe.

From what I can tell, it was a bug back in early this year with additions to multiplayer that didn't translate to single player. Not a clue why it's here now.
Hmm, sounds odd. I never went in for the robes myself though and was only up to the third guardian. I've attached my save should you want to give it a try.

EDIT: You'll need to rename the extension, I had to give it a jpg extension to allow it to attach here.
Attachments:
Post edited June 22, 2013 by korell
same problem with the robe.
Had to DL unepic's multiplayer version from their homepage, move the save file, skill up on robe, and move the save file back.
I hope the issue gets solved soon.
JudasIscariot: Hi guys and gals,

Hey, I've noticed I'm missing the "Robes" and "Staff" skills on my character sheet. I've been reading up on how to fix it, but so far copying save files between the GoG version of Unepic and the Multiplayer version downloaded from http://www.unepicgame.com/en/game.html (unlocked with the serial provided by GoG), has no effect.

Any advice?
I too noticed that I can't equip any robes now because I don't have a Robe skill. Just Armor.
I too never had the robe or the staff skills, until I downloaded the multiplayer version of the official UnEpic website. This is the first time a game I get from GoG has a problem such as this. I really hope you guys can fix it. Because once you start the game (downloaded from the offcial site), with the game code from GoG, you can't get the GoG armor which gives the bonus XP. Copying the saves 2x and downloading another version from some other site is quite a bit of trouble you'll have to go through just to get a game working properly.
But as I said, GoG did a great job on getting those other games that I love working, so I'm sure they'll fix it! I just hope really soon.
Hello,

In regards to the robe skill. After reading through this forum and the Unepic homepage forum a lot of people seem to be having trouble with the new updated version with missing skills. Can a member of GOG please comment as to whether or not this issue will be resolved, and when?

thank you.