It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have been having this rather annoying issue with Tyrian 2000 on my Windows 7 stationary that it keeps using the right key while I'm in the menus.
So I scoured the forum for the game here and read about the whole thing to change it so that it doesn't use any joystick whatsoever by changing the config file
I looked at the config file to do just that, but I am shocked and surprised to see that it is rather messed up as all the text is one straight line instead of the usual way it is divided and if I try to make it like it usually is, the game won't run at all.
Has anyone had the same problem and if so, have you found a solution to this?
Attachments:
Karekristensson: I looked at the config file to do just that, but I am shocked and surprised to see that it is rather messed up as all the text is one straight line instead of the usual way it is divided and if I try to make it like it usually is, the game won't run at all.
Use WordPad or better yet Notepad++.
Karekristensson: I looked at the config file to do just that, but I am shocked and surprised to see that it is rather messed up as all the text is one straight line instead of the usual way it is divided and if I try to make it like it usually is, the game won't run at all.
Gydion: Use WordPad or better yet Notepad++.
Hmmm, that does solve the messed up order, but it oddly enough stops after the [DOS] part with umb=true and there's nothing more after that, just empty space.
Karekristensson: Hmmm, that does solve the messed up order, but it oddly enough stops after the [DOS] part with umb=true and there's nothing more after that, just empty space.
That is correct. It's supposed to be like that. The config is in multiple parts. This part of the config applies to all of the executables so you'll want to configure inputs in this config. You might need to copy the relevant portions from a stock DOSBox config.
After some careful tweaking with the config file, I finally managed to get rid of that annoying problem. :)
Karekristensson: I have been having this rather annoying issue with Tyrian 2000 on my Windows 7 stationary that it keeps using the right key while I'm in the menus.
So I scoured the forum for the game here and read about the whole thing to change it so that it doesn't use any joystick whatsoever by changing the config file
I looked at the config file to do just that, but I am shocked and surprised to see that it is rather messed up as all the text is one straight line instead of the usual way it is divided and if I try to make it like it usually is, the game won't run at all.
Karekristensson: After some careful tweaking with the config file, I finally managed to get rid of that annoying problem. :)
I have the same problem with my menu, but I am confused as to how you fixed it.

Could you please clarify your solution?
Karekristensson: I have been having this rather annoying issue with Tyrian 2000 on my Windows 7 stationary that it keeps using the right key while I'm in the menus.
Starving11:
Karekristensson: After some careful tweaking with the config file, I finally managed to get rid of that annoying problem. :)
Starving11: I have the same problem with my menu, but I am confused as to how you fixed it.

Could you please clarify your solution?
I opened the conf-file for dosboxT2k in Wordpad, made it so that everything in there was in a straight line downwards instead of the one going off to the far right.
Then I made it so that there was one piece of empty space between each of the dosbox settings you can modify and then added after the [sblaster] part this:
[joystick]
joysticktype=none
autofire=false
timed=false
swap34=false
buttonwrap=false

And this is how it looks like now:

[sdl]
fullscreen=false
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=original
windowresolution=original