It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I wonder when we'll get it here?

Some of the highlights:

Added height map import feature (play height maps instead of random maps)
Added terrain asset placement tools (both free placement and track-aligned assets)
Added tram catenary feature (tram tracks can be electrified)
Improved track, road, and station construction (Shift key disables snapping and enables precise rotation)
Improved auto replacement tool (locomotives can also be placed at the end of a train)
Improved bulldozer tool (trees and assets bulldoze support)

There are some other changes but the custom maps are the biggest deal. It really changes the game to be able to play on realistic terrain.

This is supposed to be the last official patch but with the upcoming Nordic DLC and the completely updated ATT mod there will still be stuff to look forward to.
Any news on when it will be integrated into GOG Galaxy?

Or is there any way to integrate it manually without breaking GOG Galaxy?

By the way, I'm looking forward to the next Train Fever! Hopefully with much bigger maps, less clipping errors and - planes and ships (and hot air balloons)!
Post edited February 11, 2016 by specialsymbol
I'm sure, it has some reasons, why GOG version, takes quite time, to update to latest version again, but i'm kinda getting dissapointed with it...
Alex-X-x: I'm sure, it has some reasons, why GOG version, takes quite time, to update to latest version again, but i'm kinda getting dissapointed with it...
Probably because GOG has to approve every update and that takes a few days so they put it on Steam for a week first to make sure it's stable.
specialsymbol: Any news on when it will be integrated into GOG Galaxy?

Or is there any way to integrate it manually without breaking GOG Galaxy?
I run it through Galaxy all the time, what problem are you having with it?
The update is live on gog.com by now.
How does one access the custom maps? When I select New Game, I only see a grayed-out button that says "Select Map" but it can't be used.
Can't say, it's still updating for me. I think you need a greyscale png image.
specialsymbol: Can't say, it's still updating for me. I think you need a greyscale png image.
Is there an open source .png generator?
Use any program like GIMP https://www.gimp.org/ or Photoshop to convert any image to grayscale and export as .png

I will in a few minutes check the notes in the official forum and explain in detail if there is information on this.

Ok, here is how it's done:
Quote from official forums https://www.train-fever.net/lexikon/index.php/Entry/133-HowTo-use-heightmaps/ :
>>>
Usually a downloadable hightmap comes in one of the standard compression formats, .zip or .rar. So no trouble with this.

In the TF main folder you should find a folder 'maps' since v7554. If not, create it.
- unpack the downloaded map to the mentioned maps folder
- you will find a new folder with the name of the downloaded map (e. g. Hovestaden_4k) and the files info.lua and heightmap.png.
- move info.lua and heightmap.png into the new folder and there you are
Now you can select the map in the 'new game' menu
Post edited February 12, 2016 by specialsymbol
The maps work great.

The easiest way to use them is to download the ones at https://www.train-fever.net/filebase/index.php/Filebase/140-Maps/ and import them into the /maps folder you create in your train fever directory.

If you know a little bit about how the .lua files work you can find tons of grayscale heightmaps on Google images.
Has anyone been able to get the "setup_train_fever_2.3.0.6.exe" file to download properly? I've tried 5 times, and I've refreshed my account every time, but the download always fails. Is there a problem with GOG's servers?
Well, I only downloaded the patch, which worked fine. The last time I had problems with downloading from gog was when Windows decided to load the background files for Windows 10, which it did without my consent (and it didn't inform me whatsoever). Kicked the GWX Update and banned it, has not happened again.
Post edited February 12, 2016 by Unkalibriert
Great,
thanks to the devs for the quick update at gog - last time it took ages.
I'm looking forward to try this final version.
Cheers
Unkalibriert: Well, I only downloaded the patch, which worked fine. The last time I had problems with downloading from gog was when Windows decided to load the background files for Windows 10, which it did without my consent (and it didn't inform me whatsoever). Kicked the GWX Update and banned it, has not happened again.
I'm running Win7 and using Firefox, but for some reason the download from GOG fails every time. But it's only Train Fever that keeps failing, the other GOG games download fine. Is there any way to fix this?
IronArcturus: I'm running Win7 and using Firefox, but for some reason the download from GOG fails every time. But it's only Train Fever that keeps failing, the other GOG games download fine. Is there any way to fix this?
There must be something wrong with their server because the executable downloads fine through Galaxy but it fails if you try to get it through the website. If you don't want to install Galaxy you'll need to contact support.