It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Seeing how GOG has just released updates for Thief Gold and Thief 2, I'm thinking about reinstalling both games. So to get the best experience in Thief Gold I'd currently have to install all of the following? Are they compatible with one another?
GOG installer (2.0.0) + patch (2.0.3)
TFix 1.18c
HD Mod v0.9.0

And are there similar recommended patches/fixes for Thief 2 as well?
yes, everything is compatible, just make sure you install everything in the proper order - official GOG stuff first, then TFix, and hdmod last. do note that hdmod is still in the beta phase - not all the problems have been ironed out yet. it also changes the looks of the game significantly, and requires powerful hardware, especially the gpu.

for T2, you should check and [url=http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141621]EP2.
Post edited December 30, 2013 by voodoo47
voodoo47: pretty much.

//TGFix (Thief Gold Fixer) is the old version of TFix that did not support classic Thief 1 properly. as the support has been added, the patcher has been renamed to TFix (Thief Fixer). the old name is still in the topic title, as I'm not able to change it, even though I'm the topic starter (forum engine feature?).
Changed the title for you :)
thanks.
Thanks so much for putting all this together, voodoo47!

As for the HD mod, anyone know how good of a processor it needs? I have an i7 quad core with an integrated Intel HD graphics card, and 8 gigs of ram. I'm aware that when stuff chokes it usually does so because of my lack of specialized graphics card more than anything else.
QuintSakugarne: As for the HD mod, anyone know how good of a processor it needs? I have an i7 quad core with an integrated Intel HD graphics card, and 8 gigs of ram. I'm aware that when stuff chokes it usually does so because of my lack of specialized graphics card more than anything else.
the cpu is that not important, it's the gpu that matters, so things are indeed looking grim for you. you can try, but I doubt you will be able to get playable framerates.
Post edited December 30, 2013 by voodoo47
a nice addition from a couple of TFix contributors - the problem with AIs being oversensitive (going directly into lev3 alert) when you KO another AI should be fixed. a mission restart is probably necessary for everything to work properly. get 18d from the first post if you want to try it out.

do note that this will only work for original missions - if you have a FM where the oversensitiveness is causing issues, it will need to patched manually to enable the fix (I can do it, let me know the name of the FM and I will upload a modified version).
I am very grateful for their contributions for this fix however i can't play with it as it is now. How did they change the guards sensitivity? They react too easily.
it's the other way around - until now, they have been too sensitive, and that has been fixed, so they shouldn't be anymore.
voodoo47: it's the other way around - until now, they have been too sensitive, and that has been fixed, so they shouldn't be anymore.
You mean the newest version of TFix? Using the stable version guards often get walk into the walls and get stuck. How can they make so they react as they do in the original?
no idea which version you are using, but currently, only the latest one (18d at this moment) has the KO sensitivity fix.

no idea about guards walking into walls, such a problem has never been reported - share saves, screenshots/videos, and descriptions.
Post edited January 05, 2014 by voodoo47
First post lnks to TTLG forum which only has TFix 1.18c. Where is 1.18d?
QuintSakugarne: First post lnks to TTLG forum which only has TFix 1.18c. Where is 1.18d?
It's there, towards the top. Look again.
Oops, I failed a spot check. Thanks!
EP2 has been updated today with many new hires world textures.