It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I doubt that. press printscreen in the menu to make a screenshot (it will be created in the screenshots folder), and check it's dimensions.
Just installed Tgfix to TG and everything works and looks grand. No problems at 1920x1200 and all movies cutscenes at functioning.
I do have one question tho....
Am i missing any other file tweaks that i need to do with TGfix or is it all automatically done?
voodoo47: you apparently did not unpack the zip with the video dlls into your game's folder.

readmes are called READMEs because you are actually supposed to READ them.
Many apologies - i thought the new fix was a 'one-shot' that did everything. I shall go read the README again, this time actually reading it properly.

Cheers for pointing it out - i knew it would be me being stupid rather than anything else...;)

Aha - turns out it was a case of the contrib.zip file not extracting into my Thief2 directory correctly! Cheers for the help everyone...
Post edited October 02, 2012 by Robbeasy
Achilleslastand: Am i missing any other file tweaks that i need to do with TGfix or is it all automatically done?
it's all automatic, that's the entire point of all one-click-fix-all packages.
Post edited October 02, 2012 by voodoo47
FWIW, here's the content of my user.bnd file:

; This file was generated by Thief II: The Metal Age.

bind + "gamma_delta -0.025"
bind - "gamma_delta 0.025"
bind 1 "inv_select sword"
bind 2 "inv_select blackjack"
bind 3 "inv_select broadhead"
bind 4 "inv_select water"
bind 5 "inv_select firearr"
bind 6 "inv_select eartharrow"
bind 7 "inv_select gasarrow"
bind 8 "inv_select ropearrow"
bind 9 "inv_select noise"
bind = "gamma_delta -0.025"
bind ` clear_weapon
bind a +moveleft
bind alt +slideon
bind backspace clear_item
bind c crouch
bind ctrl +runon
bind d +moveright
bind e +leanright
bind end+alt+ctrl+shift win_mission
bind esc sim_menu
bind f +block
bind f1 "inv_select healingpotion"
bind f10 screen_dump
bind f11 quick_save
bind f12 quick_load
bind f2 "inv_select airpotion"
bind f3 "inv_select holyh2o"
bind f4 "inv_select lockpicksm"
bind f5 "inv_select lockpicklg"
bind f6 "inv_select flashbomb"
bind f7 "inv_select gasmine"
bind f8 "inv_select mine"
bind joy_axisx +joyxaxis
bind joy_axisy +joyforward
bind keypad_center lookcenter
bind keypad_down +lookdown
bind keypad_up +lookup
bind left +leanleft
bind m automap
bind mouse1 +use_weapon
bind mouse2 +use_item
bind mouse_axisx mturn
bind mouse_axisy mlook
bind mouse_wheel_down prev_item
bind mouse_wheel_up next_item
bind o objectives
bind q +leanleft
bind r drop_item
bind right +leanright
bind s +back
bind shift +creepon
bind space +jump
bind up +leanforward
bind v+alt+shift dark_version
bind w +walk
bind ~ clear_weapon

bow_zoom 1

joystick_enable 0

mouse_invert 0

lookspring 0

freelook 1

mouse_sensitivity 5.00000000

mouse_sensitivity_y_scale 1

crouch_unmount 1

joy_rotate 0

joystick_sensitivity 1.0

joystick_deadzone 0.05

rudder_sensitivity 1.0

rudder_deadzone 0.05

mwheel_deadzone 0

auto_equip 1

auto_search 1

goal_notify 1

climb_touch 0
Post edited October 02, 2012 by UniversalWolf
voodoo47: NEW! TFix now uses NewDark (v1.19), the new amazing patch for dark engine based games.

figured this might save some people a headache or two - I have compiled together the most important T1/TG fixes into one installer, so if you are having problems running the GOG release, or just want to have better graphics/widescreen support, go ahead and try it out (works for the regular and the GOG version, but do note that you are using it on your own risk).

TFix 1.11 (95MB)

fixes/adds:
-widescreen, portrait resolutions, and Eyefinity support (NewDark)
-full 32bit rendering, fixes issues with new graphics hardware (NewDark)
-no more issues with cutscenes not playing (NewDark)
-no more issues with graphics related crashes and error messages (NewDark)
-no more resolution switching when entering menu or maps (NewDark)
-enhanced object models, textures and more (EP)
-improved models (hand/bow/sword, guards and more)
-improved water (t2 water)
-enhanced skies (static and dynamic)
-makes the game portable, so it can be moved around your hdd freely, and played from an usb thumb drive for example
-includes fixed missions (Training and Bafford's right now)

notes:
-requires win2000 or newer to run, latest and [url=http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582]VC++2008 redistributable.
-do not set any compatibility modes on the exe, this will break the game
-installing the game to a protected folder (windows, program files etc) may result in strange and broken behaviour (vista/win7)
-OpenAL might cause the game to not launch. uninstall it if necessary.
-reboot after you are done with everything (vista/win7)

final note: this is a collection of patches and fixes made by many fans - I did not make any of them, I just made the necessary edits and corrections to make it all work together.
So do I need both NewDark and TFix installed for either to work or do I just need NewDark? This works for Thief Gold and Thief 2?
for Thief1/Gold, all you need is TFix (as I said before, that's the entire point, to not need anything else). for T2, I would recommend using Tafferpatcher and then copying the NewDark files on the top (the current version of Tafferpatcher is not updated with NewDark yet).
1.12 is out . this is a bugfix release, intended to replace the rushed 1.11 - everybody is recommended to update (delete the "MODS" folder, and run the 1.12 installer).

TFix 1.12 (110MB)
Post edited October 07, 2012 by voodoo47
voodoo47: for Thief1/Gold, all you need is TFix (as I said before, that's the entire point, to not need anything else). for T2, I would recommend using Tafferpatcher and then copying the NewDark files on the top (the current version of Tafferpatcher is not updated with NewDark yet).
Ah, thank you again kind sir. :)
voodoo47: 1.12 is out . this is a bugfix release, intended to replace the rushed 1.11 - everybody is recommended to update (delete the "MODS" folder, and run the 1.12 installer).

TFix 1.12 (110MB)
I just bought this game. When i click on that link, it takes me to OP, and then to Google Docs, and then to Google Drive.... wtf?
Works for me. Just click the download button under "No Preview Available" on docs.google, and then click "download anyway."
Post edited October 09, 2012 by UniversalWolf
clicking file/download in the upper left corner should work as well.
UniversalWolf: Works for me. Just click the download button under "No Preview Available" on docs.google, and then click "download anyway."
Thanks. Now it works. I didn't know this game had those cutscenes, they weren't there until i installed the fix.

But I can't save the game when i'm playing. And are there also subtitles? I never hear what the guards are saying.
I don't believe that there are subtitles of any kind. you should be able to save the game at any point, either by using the quicksave key (F11 or alt+s), or by entering the save menu and making a save there. if you are unable to, you have probably installed the game into a protected folder, or set the folder to read only, or have a way too aggressive antivirus installed or something similar.
voodoo47: I don't believe that there are subtitles of any kind. you should be able to save the game at any point, either by using the quicksave key (F11 or alt+s), or by entering the save menu and making a save there. if you are unable to, you have probably installed the game into a protected folder, or set the folder to read only, or have a way too aggressive antivirus installed or something similar.
I didn't try quicksave. I can't make a save in the menu.