It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I will add it tomorrow (probably just a silent update, too small of a change to justify a version bump).
This is a really dumb question, but I need an answer so here goes:

How do I unzip the tgfix file? I downloaded 7-zip and that doesn't seem to work. Any help?
install 7zip, and either run it and browse to the archive, or right click on the archive and choose "open with 7zip".
Post edited April 29, 2012 by voodoo47
so then the game is still rather unplayable on a ATI GFX card?

I remember back when this came out I had a 9800 (or something) and the game worked flawlessly with the DirectX 8 drivers, but once I upgraded to 9 everything went to shit.
ther only hw/sw combination that has serious problems is ati hd graphics under winxp. partially solvable by downgrading to the 9.4 driver and/or using a modified version of the fix, but does not work for all users.

if you have win7, you have nothing to fear.
heh, guess what OS I use ................
I tried everything, but the movies still won't work for me. My specs are as follows:

windows 7 64 bit

amd athlon II X2 240 processor (2 CPUs) ~2.8 GHz

3G ram

NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX
make sure you are running as admin, and that you don't have any conflicting codecs installed on your system (like klite and divx, etc). basically, only one codec pack should be installed on your system at any given time.

are you able to play the cutscenes in the windows media player?
Post edited May 11, 2012 by voodoo47
voodoo47: make sure you are running as admin, and that you don't have any conflicting codecs installed on your system (like klite and divx, etc). basically, only one codec pack should be installed on your system at any given time.

are you able to play the cutscenes in the windows media player?
Yes, but there's no video, only audio.
I suggest you remove all codecs/codec packs from your system, and install either klite, OR cccp codec pack, people seem to have most success with them.
Is it just me or is the link supposed to be a google doc file ?
try clicking file+download if you don't see the standard big download button.
voodoo47: I suggest you remove all codecs/codec packs from your system, and install either klite, OR cccp codec pack, people seem to have most success with them.
Will removing said codecs in any way negatively affect me?
it shouldn't, unless you are doing some specific video related work (conversions, editing etc).
voodoo47: it shouldn't, unless you are doing some specific video related work (conversions, editing etc).
How do I remove my PC's video codecs?