It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Galaxy update GOG just pushed out has fixed the issue. Nice one guys!
GoG Galaxy version 1.2.8 has fixed the problem for me. Thanks guys!
Yes, I can confirm the Witcher 3 startup problem was fixed.

However, the problem with Serpent in Staglands prevails - cannot update/verify the game, server error.
Startup problem was indeed fixed. However when loading my last save, I don't have any HUD: no health bar, no minimap, no "E" prompt to interact ...
Any idea on how to fixed it ?
Edit: well .. Nevermind, I tried disabling and re-enabling the hud without success. Quitted the game and restarted it to see HUD visiblity was on OFF while I was sure it was on ON before (had even open the ini file to check). Put it on ON and load my save just fine. I have absolutely no idea what happened here ...
Post edited May 20, 2017 by Oberom
Witcher 3 still not lauching for me from GOG since the update.

UPDATE:
Turned off in-game overlay... seems its working for me.
Post edited May 23, 2017 by Sieroy
Game was working perfectly fine, then when i came back to it, it won't start at all. Play button greys out after i press it, then it reverts back, and the game is not launching.
Same here :(
VictorVeles: Czesc Johny, it's not working for me. Tried both with Overlay disabled, and Cloud saves disabled. Good luck ;)
Johny.: Cześć. Thank you all for your answers and your help. We'll investigate the issue.

As a workaround, please run the game directly from the executable.

To find it, you can use MORE -> manage installation -> show folder
Sync forever, been all day for syncing saves for The Witcher 3. Can we get this fixed? Thank you!
Well this seems to still be happening, I check back every so often. I have never played the game at all. Tried all the possible fixes. It just starts for a second, winks out and is running in the background eating memory . I'll check back in 6 months to see whats up.

Bummer really I heard its a great game.
Oldham: Well this seems to still be happening, I check back every so often. I have never played the game at all. Tried all the possible fixes. It just starts for a second, winks out and is running in the background eating memory . I'll check back in 6 months to see whats up.

You can run the game outside of Galaxy Client. Instruction to run it are here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/witcher_3_wont_start_at_all/post141

Also, please file a bug report if it's Galaxy-only bug and TW3 runs fine without it. See "bug reporting" here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_official_discussion_thread/post1

TonyWazz: Sync forever, been all day for syncing saves for The Witcher 3. Can we get this fixed? Thank you!
If it's really all day that's too much. How big is your saves folder, if you could check?

Also, please file a bug report with logs - it's hard to say anything just from a forum post. See "bug reporting" here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_official_discussion_thread/post1

I'd be thankful to have a bug report from above users that reported greyed out button too. :)
Post edited May 26, 2017 by Johny.
Witcher 3 will not start for me either through GOG. Tried running it without GOG, and I get a "no disk in the drive" error.

Love when frontend software ruins games!
CheepGaymez2: Love when frontend software ruins games!
Then don't use it. Uninstall it and download the game and install it manually.
CheepGaymez2: Love when frontend software ruins games!
Hickory: Then don't use it. Uninstall it and download the game and install it manually.
When you would uninstall Galaxy (or just not run it), your game will still run ok, no need to install it again.

I'm Galaxy there's a useful option MORE> manage installation> verify / repair that will check if the game files are correct and fix those that differs from this game version.
Oldham: Well this seems to still be happening, I check back every so often. I have never played the game at all. Tried all the possible fixes. It just starts for a second, winks out and is running in the background eating memory . I'll check back in 6 months to see whats up.

Johny.: You can run the game outside of Galaxy Client. Instruction to run it are here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/witcher_3_wont_start_at_all/post141

Also, please file a bug report if it's Galaxy-only bug and TW3 runs fine without it. See "bug reporting" here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_official_discussion_thread/post1

TonyWazz: Sync forever, been all day for syncing saves for The Witcher 3. Can we get this fixed? Thank you!
Johny.: If it's really all day that's too much. How big is your saves folder, if you could check?

Also, please file a bug report with logs - it's hard to say anything just from a forum post. See "bug reporting" here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_official_discussion_thread/post1

I'd be thankful to have a bug report from above users that reported greyed out button too. :)
It was downloading 33 GB, which seems a bit much. I went on to other games for a few days and I'm about to try playing Witcher 3 GOTY and hope everything is okay. We'll see what happens.

EDIT: All that saved game sync and no saved games at all. Have to hunt down where those went...

EDIT 2: Cloud sync sort of worked with saves. Downloaded status 6.8 GB/6.8 GB. Sounds like it's done, but it is stuck at "updating" with nothing downloading. *shrugs*

EDIT 3: Got the game to run after many many tries of sync freeze, reboot, sync freeze...reboot. FInally get game to run. It doesn't know I have played it before..okay..I run it get to the hill where we find the raven head trinket. SAVE, then exit the game and restart. The game doesn't see any saved games and I have to start all over. So, how about an option to point the game saves/syncs to a place of my choosing in the game, not just in the GOG interface, which seems to have some serious issues.

So, How do I get a hard copy of the expansions I bought? I have a hard copy of the game. I typically replay games several years after completing them. For example, NeverWinter Vaut, which is no longer in service, I can still enjoy the game I bought (NeverWinter Nights with the expansions) without the interface trying to be tricky looking for a service (it still does, but I can direct connect to player worlds without it). This concept should be in play here.

I just want the game to work, on my weekend off work, with my saves. This should not be too hard, complicated, or involve a ton of coding. If there is a long list of other priorities and people with issues (there is), more to the point. It shouldn't be harder than it needs to be.

Can we get this stuff working, please?

WOOT!!!!

Working! I searched through the third party sites. Discovered I was missing the Witcher 3 saves folder in C:\ThisPC\Documents...created the folder, found my saves in G:\GOG Games\Witcher3GOTY\!downloads, copied the saves from folder to folder and ran the witcher3.exe from it's location "G:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY\bin\x64" with run as admin checked in the properties. (wow , that was well hidden file location...). Game runs smooth, sees the saves from last month and I'm playing where I left off.

On that same note, the GOG interface is still "updating" with "0.0/0.1" since yesterday, the PLAY button is still grey, too. So, the game works. The GOG interface needs help. Maybe this will help some other folks.
Post edited May 29, 2017 by TonyWazz
With all due respect, with things in real life happening, I don't have it in me to jump through the hoops I would need to to get this to work. At some point I'll try the download outside of galaxy but i'd prefer the galaxy launcher.

I'm not mad, I put in a bunch of time since release to try to get this to work, it is what it is. Again I'll try at some later point.