It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

pingu53: not working for me either, says its running but nothing happens
Same issue here. Bug report submitted on http://mantis.gog.com
Johny.: Hi,

For everyone for whom The Witcher 3 fails to launch with Galaxy, and runs fine without it after 1.2.7 Galaxy update, please fill a bug report following "BUG REPORTING" instructions here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_official_discussion_thread/post1

Basically, we need your logs... :)
This will help us detecting what is the issue.

Thank you for your help!

edit: to workaround the issue, you can start TW3 directly from the game executable. Galaxy is optional, so you can run your games without it. :)

edit 2: Could you also try to disable Overlay in GOG Galaxy Settings? (top-left menu -> settings) and then trying to run TW3?
I'll fill out a bug report. Disabling overlay doesn't let the game run from Galaxy.
Johny.: (snip)
edit: to workaround the issue, you can start TW3 directly from the game executable. Galaxy is optional, so you can run your games without it. :)

edit 2: Could you also try to disable Overlay in GOG Galaxy Settings? (top-left menu -> settings) and then trying to run TW3?
golem364: I'll fill out a bug report. Disabling overlay doesn't let the game run from Galaxy.
Thank you for your bug reports. Could you check whether disabling Cloud Saves feature (top-left menu -> settings -> features) and restarting Galaxy Client lets you run the game from Galaxy Client?
golem364: I'll fill out a bug report. Disabling overlay doesn't let the game run from Galaxy.
Johny.: Thank you for your bug reports. Could you check whether disabling Cloud Saves feature (top-left menu -> settings -> features) and restarting Galaxy Client lets you run the game from Galaxy Client?
Hi, Im also having the same issue as the people above. I disabled cloud saves like you suggested, but it continues to have a huge network spike and the game doesn't start.
Johny.: Thank you for your bug reports. Could you check whether disabling Cloud Saves feature (top-left menu -> settings -> features) and restarting Galaxy Client lets you run the game from Galaxy Client?
Czesc Johny, it's not working for me. Tried both with Overlay disabled, and Cloud saves disabled. Good luck ;)
VictorVeles: Czesc Johny, it's not working for me. Tried both with Overlay disabled, and Cloud saves disabled. Good luck ;)
Cześć. Thank you all for your answers and your help. We'll investigate the issue.

As a workaround, please run the game directly from the executable.

To find it, you can use MORE -> manage installation -> show folder
Confirmed, does not start for me as well. I suspect failed synchronization of the save games via Galaxy. Also, Serpent of Staglands fails to install or update via Galaxy. Problems started since the last Galaxy update.
VictorVeles: Czesc Johny, it's not working for me. Tried both with Overlay disabled, and Cloud saves disabled. Good luck ;)
Johny.: Cześć. Thank you all for your answers and your help. We'll investigate the issue.

As a workaround, please run the game directly from the executable.

To find it, you can use MORE -> manage installation -> show folder
If I play the game directly from the executable, will GOG Galaxy detect any achievements and game time earned when I will boot it from it once this bug is fixed? Will running the game from the executable while GOG Galaxy runs in the background work ?

I ask because I only run the game through GOG for the achievements and the time tracking.
I have disabled all global toggles in the galaxy client:

Auto-update games
Cloud saves
Achievements
Game time tracking
Overlay

I restarted galaxy client. Witcher 3 still doesn't start properly from the galaxy client, it runs as a background process, and still uploads large amounts of data over the network.
I've noticed that GalaxyCommunication.exe file is troublemaker. Yesterday everything was fine. I think it's some GOG servers side problem.
Same issue here. My galaxy communication service crash and the game don't start.

I observed that the game try to use all my memory to launch it (in task manager, i stopped the processus at 1 500 000 memory use lol)

This is probably linked to the recent update.

Witcher 3 don't start, but Batman telltale does. So, don't really know what's the problem.

EDIT: The game start when i use the application in gog folder (bin/x64/witcher3.exe). So, i will use this until this problem will be resolved.)
Post edited May 19, 2017 by Jadek44300
Jadek44300: Same issue here. My galaxy communication service crash and the game don't start.

I observed that the game try to use all my memory to launch it (in task manager, i stopped the processus at 1 500 000 memory use lol)

Witcher 3 don't start, but Batman telltale does. So, don't really know what's the problem.

EDIT: The game start when i use the application in gog folder (bin/x64/witcher3.exe). So, i will use this until this problem will be resolved.)
same damn thing, it is the update. hope they fix it.
did what you did and yeah, it just keeps increasing witcher3.exe memory until the computer crashes
Jadek44300: Same issue here. My galaxy communication service crash and the game don't start.

champion1919: same damn thing, it is the update. hope they fix it.
did what you did and yeah, it just keeps increasing witcher3.exe memory until the computer crashes
Yeah, don't use the gog application right now. To play the game properly, go to the .exe application here : C/program Files/GOG galaxy/Games/TheWitcher3/bin/x64/witcher3.exe.

Yeah, i am sure CD projekt will solve that problem very soon. Especially with Witcher 3. aha.
Post edited May 19, 2017 by Jadek44300
champion1919: same damn thing, it is the update. hope they fix it.
Jadek44300: Yeah, don't use the gog application right now. To play the game properly, go to the .exe application here : C/program Files/GOG galaxy/Games/TheWitcher3/bin/x64/witcher3.exe.

Yeah, i am sure CD projekt will solve that problem very soon. Especially with Witcher 3. aha.
GOG will solve that problem soon. :) It's not trivial, so it might be a few days of waiting...

I'm very sorry that happened. :(
Same Problem here. When I try to start the Game from GOG or shortcut, the game doesnt start. I only noticed, after I took a look in the task manager, that The Witcher is loading and shoveling more and more Data into the ram. At 25 GB's of RAm Usage I killed the process. Don't know what the hell is happening there.

greetings
Zeeeeeek