It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Amongst all the complaints about patch 1.07, I'd like to thank again CD Projekt RED for making a very good job: before patch 1.07 I ran the game with all the graphics settings on low through the NVIDIA GeForce Experience control panel.
Now, with patch 1.07, after a few days the panel couldn't gather information about the settings, it has optimized the settings on high or even ultra at a resolution of 1366x768.
After starting the game I've noticed that the resolution sucked so I brought it back to 1920x1080 and I didn't notice any frame loss while maintaining the same optimization settings.
I even have an hardware a little inferior to the recommended requirements, with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB VRAM GPU and an Intel Core i5-3470 3.2 GHz CPU.
So, once again, good job, CDPR ;)
Nephilim88: Amongst all the complaints about patch 1.07, I'd like to thank again CD Projekt RED for making a very good job: before patch 1.07 I ran the game with all the graphics settings on low through the NVIDIA GeForce Experience control panel.
Now, with patch 1.07, after a few days the panel couldn't gather information about the settings, it has optimized the settings on high or even ultra at a resolution of 1366x768.
After starting the game I've noticed that the resolution sucked so I brought it back to 1920x1080 and I didn't notice any frame loss while maintaining the same optimization settings.
I even have an hardware a little inferior to the recommended requirements, with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB VRAM GPU and an Intel Core i5-3470 3.2 GHz CPU.
Hallelujah, some well earned praise for a change. +1
How many fps did you have back then? Because I was able to run w3 on my i5 2500k and a 7870oc (2GiB vram) at 40-50fps on medium-high settings (1080p).
Don't you get worse framerates in Novigrad? Try going into the area between Triss's house and the hospital.
Nephilim88: Amongst all the complaints about patch 1.07, I'd like to thank again CD Projekt RED for making a very good job: before patch 1.07 I ran the game with all the graphics settings on low through the NVIDIA GeForce Experience control panel.
I have a 3470 and a 660 as well. Although my 660 is the ti version with 4gig instead of 2.

I didn't really notice a huge performance improvement. I was already running on a mix of high/ultra settings from day 1 and have been very impressed because of that. Slightly less than minimum specs running like a top. Kudos to CDPR for that.

I don't monitor frame rates anymore. Stopped doing that quite a few years ago. I simply tweak settings until a game 'feels' good. That's all that really matters to me now.

On another note... I've had exactly 1 ctd in well over 200 hours of gameplay. Scared me a bit when it happened but it hasn't happened again and that was many many hours ago.

I'm sorry for anyone who has had problems, but I couldn't be more pleased with performance.
Fenixp: Don't you get worse framerates in Novigrad? Try going into the area between Triss's house and the hospital.
Novigrad is why I dropped a few settings from Ultra down to High. I did this shortly after reaching Novigrad on my first play through. Considering my 3470 and 660 are under minimum, I think this is more than reasonable.

As a side note... I don't use hairworks. Ran ok when I tried it but I thought it looked terribly unrealistic. Can't say how it would have impacted my performance long term as it looked so bad I immediately dismissed it.
Post edited July 26, 2015 by Brashen
According to Fraps, I was running at 40-45 fps on low before, now I'm running at 30-35 fps with the new optimization, so I couldn't really complain :P
As Brashen said, I don't really mind fps, I just like when a game runs smoothly for my eyes and feelings.
In Novigrad I get 2-5 fps less, nothing really noticeable in fact...
All in all, the game looks much better than before, it's smooth, and I'm happy :D
By the way, hairworks are turned off.
Post edited July 26, 2015 by Nephilim88
Brashen: As a side note... I don't use hairworks. Ran ok when I tried it but I thought it looked terribly unrealistic. Can't say how it would have impacted my performance long term as it looked so bad I immediately dismissed it.
Yes, I don't like it either.
I tried sporting it for a bit, now that 1.0.7 has more settings, but it still looks horrible.
Can't even imagine why people would use it.
good to hear!

what's your RAM?
bigpap: good to hear!

what's your RAM?
16GB
bigpap: good to hear!

what's your RAM?

I suspect the 4 on my video card helps with the Ultra textures.