It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm playing on a GTX 970 on Ultra settings, everything turned on including hairworks. And performance is very smooth, with only very occasional dips in FPS.

I'm using the 350.12 drivers and my version of the game is indeed 1.02.
JackStillAlive: I want to guess whos lying:
I think you!
R9 290(better than yours) is the recommended GPU, what can run the game on High with 30-60fps(CDPR said this!).
Lobuno: You are very unpolite, so probably don't deserve this hint:

1 - Go to graphics options
2 - Click LOW preset settings button
3 - Manually set each slider to ULTRA, except foliage to HIGH
4 - Go back to game and check your FPS
5 - Report back your findings.

Since my card is AMD my nVidia Hairworks setting is completely OFF.

Have a nice day.
Hello, btw i only have a R9 280X (supposedly not enough to run witcher 3...) but even if i knew i wouldnt be able to use nvidia ©hairphysic stuff, i still dont understand the other option of the slider:

Here are 3 settings: OFF, Geralt, and Nvidia thing. Default setting being "Geralt" anyway.
Would you have any information about this one "Geralt" setting please, compared to "Off" ?

Also didnt see clear option about antialiasing (or type of it used in the game); maybe i should directly activate SMAA from gpu drivers instead...

Btw I am sorry i didnt look carefully, is there a built in option for displaying FPS from the game, or you are using an option from GPU driver ?

Here i let the game autodetect my thing and it puts everything on "high" (not ultra) by itself, with every special effect on, and so far during the outdoor beginning horse ride to first village, al seemed to go smooth.

Agree with the lack of politeness from the other guy, but truth is: Nvidia addvertising and marketing is so much hammering people (journalists and gamers alike) that aside from their brand nothing else exist or is able of delivering any level of performance... And due to the way Nvidia got some kind of exclusive marketing campaign to attach itself to "witcher 3" name that most of the bench websites were telling me my rig wouldnt be able to run the whole game. It is not the first time. Truth is, few people ever bother to test and witness about ATI gpu works at all or not on any given game. According to most websites my rig is not able to run (or badly) many games a friend of mine is running on a 550 GTX...
So aside from lack of politeness, it is also maybe lack of information and knowledge due to marketing battering ram.
Beligerent: Doubt she/he is lying... I can run it maxed out and I am slightly above minimum requirements. I think it's because I have Nvidia card since Witcher 3 was optimized more for Nvidia it seems like.
Lobuno: Many people are getting issues precisely with nVidia cards and "Hairworks", while I talked to others with AMD cards (270x or higher) who are playing just fine. See that even the mighty GTX TITAN is having serious issues, so it seems the game is not so well optimized for nVidia cards. Probably they release a patch or new GPU drivers to fix this soon.
i think there would be a clear difference between being "marketed for" a brand and being "optimized" for a brand :) even if one and the other are supposedly to come together...

anyway to those who are yelling the game runs crap on their small african country's PIB worth rig, indeed many games on PC usually take one further generation to be maxed out, then a second generation to be maxed out while modded out like hell at same time... maybe having to "downgrade" or at least bring pc port down to next gen level (which are medium nowadays pc rig) helped in this way.

also remember the few last ubi/ea big game releases recently (ah ah ah AC unity) before calling witcher 3 "buggy"... believe me, so far it is the smoothest day 1 AAA game release i saw, technically speaking. (of course, not using galaxy for preloading and patching)

and given what i saw yesterday on my tv, i think my machine delivers a witcher 3 that doesnt have to blush from ps4/xbo version.
Post edited May 20, 2015 by Djaron
The Witcher 3 digital game manual (Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, The - Game_Manual_PC_EN.pdf), page 3:

Performance Note
Running this game on NVIDIA® GeForce® GPUs will enable the best possible playing
experience.

/// Here are 3 settings: OFF, Geralt, and Nvidia thing. Default setting being "Geralt" anyway.
/// Would you have any information about this one "Geralt" setting please, compared to "Off" ?

OFF, disables completely nVidia hairworks effects.
Geralt, enables them ONLY for Geralt's hair
nVidia thing enables hairworks for everyone (Geralt, monsters, wolves, etc...)

/// Also didnt see clear option about antialiasing (or type of it used in the game); maybe i should directly activate SMAA
/// from gpu drivers instead...

Graphics>postprocessing>Antialiasing [ON/OFF] (not much detail on what kind of AA here)

/// Btw I am sorry i didnt look carefully, is there a built in option for displaying FPS from the game, or you are using an
/// option from GPU driver ?

To see FPS in game I use FRAPS or MSI Afterburner with RivaTuner statistics server (both free, FRAPS it's easier to ues)
Finally the video I made (mentioned before) is available:

YouTube
I\ve downloaded the whitcher 3 manually and the patch that says 1.02 (required) but for some reason it says it's 1.01 in my downloads and it wont allow me to open the game
nelson438: I\ve downloaded the whitcher 3 manually and the patch that says 1.02 (required) but for some reason it says it's 1.01 in my downloads and it wont allow me to open the game
Try to reinstall the game from the files you downloaded. Download the patch again from the site. Install everything and give it another go.