It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dnna: This has been an option since v1.0, tho. I'm just a little confused because this was added with 1.3 - perhaps they just fixed something, I don't know.
Yourself: It was there before the 1.3 patch, for me anyway. I checked it when I read about it here yesterday, I checked before updating to 1.3.
Okay, thank you. I was looking at file date and it was the same time as patched files. It probably overwrote my old one or something.
Innkeeper in basement have dialog option to store items Its don`t work for me :-((

Found the chest, goodie
Silver swords still don`t fixed
Post edited July 21, 2011 by BiggusD1
Uninstall your mods.
naomha: You playing that resolution in Eyefinity? Because I can't get out of a single monitor. On the options tab (before the patch, because now I can't even access them) it gave me the choice to go to 5760x1080 but the screen stays centered on a single monitor. I have dual 6950s running on 3 24" hanns but can't get this thing to play in Eyefinity to save my life.
LordEddi: Sadly not able to play it in Eyefinity here either.

But, widescreengamingforum.com is working on a fix for it I think. So maybe, just maybe!

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/eyefinity_superwidescreen_support/page1

http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/ has an application that enables surround/eyefinity support.
I've tried using the flawless fix, but those white lines on my right monitor just destroy being immersed. If they fix the white lines, I'd use it all the time. I was just under the impression that CDPR was going to support Eyefinity, etc. TW1 looks fantastic on triple monitors running my dualie 6950s with everything cranked up to nosebleed. TW2 looks fantastic as well, but, like I said, the white lines kind of ruin it for me. Still, running at 1920x1080 in Xfire with everything amped including ubersampling sure makes TW2 a very pretty game to play.
CDP_RED_Team: Adrenaline bar is now filling much, much slower but it doesn't degenerate out of combat. You must choose now when to use special move because you won't be able to fill the bar in each fight. Skills themself remain unchanged.

Andrzej Kwiatkowski
CD Projekt RED
NeroTulip: That's actually a really good change IMO. Next time you might want to let people know before though :p
I'm a bit surprised if there's really no loss of adrenalin out of combat, because that would mean that one could grind against weak monsters and then keep a full bar ready for the start of the battle with the next Big Nasty (or Big Nasty Mob of Lesser Monsters).

---
(space added in edit to clarify division in auto-merged post)

Minor regression 1.2 -> 1.3:
Loss of labels on the dice poker buttons.
Post edited July 21, 2011 by lw2jgog
I have a question about the point size of the font that shows above peoples heads as they talk. Does it seem very small to any of you? I could swear it was bigger in 1.2.
KenR7A: I have a question about the point size of the font that shows above peoples heads as they talk. Does it seem very small to any of you? I could swear it was bigger in 1.2.
Yeah, I noticed the same thing .... strange.
KenR7A: I have a question about the point size of the font that shows above peoples heads as they talk. Does it seem very small to any of you? I could swear it was bigger in 1.2.
brother-eros: Yeah, I noticed the same thing .... strange.
Ok, so I'm not losing my mind then? Maybe it has something to do with the new resolutions we can play at. Maybe I'll switch back to 16:9 on my 16:10 monitor and see what happens.
Well, I am glad with the new patch and finally i am doing my second playthrought but there are some things that would be nice to be fixed (they are really minor).

1. Fix the inkeeper dialog storage.
2. The storage chest should be named like "storage chest" and not like [[Item_storageload]] or something like that. It's really break inmmersive.
I'm nearly giving up on the game quite honestly.

I have a 23'' 1920x1200 LCD, aspect ratio 16:10. Prior to 1.3 i had black stripes on the screen due to the game being 16:9 natively - this was normal to happen as i read about it more.

I was told that 1.3 would adress this and would add the 16:10 support so i waited 1 month for it. It's ok, i'm in no rush :)

But, now that i've installed 1.3 patch (with no errors), and choosing 1920x1200 resolution i still have the horizontal black stripes as i had in 1.2, exactly if i had 16:9 resolution selected.

Bottom line, i can't get rid of the horizontal stripes, wich should completely disapear when i choose 1920x1200 16:10 resolution.

Dear god...
cbarbagallo: Uninstall your mods.
I have the same issue and I never had a mod installed. I also started a fresh game/didn't continue an old save.

My further Patch 1.3 experiences:

In Flotsam talking to the innkeeper about the storage opens the shop, just like the "let's trade" option. But the crate itself is accessible, so storing items still works. In chapter II it works as it should.

Trying to scroll inside a text in the journal/questlog that doesn't have a scrollbar at the side, makes the text disappear (yeah I know, why would you even try that).
Scrolling in general is a little troublesome, because sometimes scrolling at the left side, where all the quest names are listed, makes the text on the right scroll too, although it only should when the mouse cursor is hovering over that.

In chapter II Vergen/Iorveth path, it happened to me that Geralt suddenly had no steel sword equipped in the inventory anymore ( http://i.imgur.com/QUajB.jpg ). I didn't notice it right away, because he was still wearing one on his back. When I pressed CTRL, I had the chance to learn it was called "cutscene sword" http://i.imgur.com/Nzb2A.jpg - apparently my steel sword got deleted during/for a cutscene and wasn't restored after, so it's gone now... I guess I was lucky that it wasn't a special sword yet, because I'm still so early in the game.
The same error didn't occur to me, on an earlier playthrough with an older version (1.1 I think).

---

Then there are still a couple of things that were in the game from the beginning, so I'm not sure if it really belongs to the patch 1.3 discussion.
I have it very often, that during dice poker, the buttons (usually space or something) don't display their text (either space, or the check mark for accepting or the x for aborting) and pressing space in such an instance doesn't do anything. I have to click it with the mouse for the game to continue.

The last thing that often meets my eye, is more of a cosmetic (but still a little bit confusing) nature. diagrams often use different expressions for the same thing. Like "cloth" says 2 different words instead of using e.g. "robust" every time, although the same thing is meant.

The text bugs are still there too - all characters have their name hovering over their heads, when it's possible to talk to them and it says sometimes something like [PL] and then the name or even long numbers ( http://i.imgur.com/IWVGQ.jpg ). :)

---

If I could request a feature, or wish for a future fix to be added, it would be a change in the inventory, where it would say if a book has been read yet or not. Like the Witcher 1 did. With the many books and quest items in the game, it's sometimes hard to remember, if something was already activated. Therefore I often open items numerous times, just to make sure. I like to gain all the glossary and other entries in the journal (and yes, I do read them too - that's why I notice something's old, when I open it again), that are sometimes tied to reading books.
I can't seem to talk to the innkeeper in Act 2, Roche. I see him there but there is no dialogue option. Either that or it's not the innkeeper. Either way, there isn't anyone I can talk to for accessing my storage.
papasmurf255: I can't seem to talk to the innkeeper in Act 2, Roche. I see him there but there is no dialogue option. Either that or it's not the innkeeper. Either way, there isn't anyone I can talk to for accessing my storage.
Outside the camp near the brothel there's a dwarf. He's the one with the storage.
Where to find item storage at Floatsam? I'm at the beginning of Chapter 1 and i already talked to innkeper (i assume the male that stand in the kitchen), there are no such option as item storage.
wormholewizards: Where to find item storage at Floatsam? I'm at the beginning of Chapter 1 and i already talked to innkeper (i assume the male that stand in the kitchen), there are no such option as item storage.
You need to go downstairs. It's only a few steps from the fistfighters. But talking to the innkeeper won't work - the option only starts the shop, exactly like the let's trade option. You can activate the chest itself though just fine.
Post edited July 22, 2011 by Santiago