It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

err yes my geralt nailed her ;)
dnna: *scrolling past your Fluff discussion*

I was removing my HUD mods and noticed a new dzip called "elf_flotsam". When you unzip it, it contains sex scene files - any idea what this is? It could be the elf patch mentioned in changelog, tho.
coastie65: If you take the Iorveth path, when get ready to depart on the ship, you will end up with a choice, save the Elven girls, or go after the honcho. If you save the elven girls, you will indeed meet one later and have sex. I think that may be what that is.
wader2k: Now that is disappointing. I bought a bigger screen thinking I would see more..not less. Is this the fault of this engine or just lazy programming?

I sorely miss having an option to adjust FOV in this engine. Can't think of any other RPG I've played in 5 years that hasn't allowed me some FOV adjustment.
Its a fairly commonplace thing in PC gaming and has been since widescreen gaming has been about. A good site to check for these sort of thing is www.widescreengamingforum.com, which I used a lot when I got my first ws monitor.

I'd be of the opinion that its just the way that the rendering was implemented, theres hardly any chance that its because of the engine. I'm pretty sure that they have the variables to be able to alter in-game FOV, but it probably just hasn't been exposed in the config file. It would be nice if they could add it in a later version, but as I said before, I've played up to where I am in 1920x1080 and lets face it, didnt really notice the black bars, so thats good enough for me. Performance is more important to me, and the patches have definitely been an improvement for my setup.

I'm not one that subscribes to the "They owe us everything, we are entitled to x, y, z" camp. Its a huge game, it runs better, it doesnt really crash, and its a wondeful game. So lets not let some small things ruin our experience of it. Some people believe that ehy are entitled to so much more from a developer (not you btw, just based on some other posts in other threads).

JP
Galadh: Don't see much talking nor excitement towards new side-quest? Disappointed? Thought it was fun actually, some old-school grinding and then, well, that's how you make a twist! Dunno how the final talk goes in english, but in polish it's a real gem!

Do you think it's possible to include another quests in already existing environment? Bear in mind there are a few not-really-used locations like bandits hut/cabin in Act I, northwards from Troll and I guess they could extend something in Act III.
Yeah, I loved that new quest. The dialogue was great, and the surprise at the end was beautiful :)
I installed the patch yesterday and gave it a try. Couple of very nice improvements this time! Storage, junk-section, counter for quickslot-items and oils that work on silver swords fix some of the most prominent problems of the game. I also noticed the quickslot-icon in the bottom left of the screen will now update properly if you used up your supply of an item.

One thing I couldn't figure out so far is turning mutagens into alchemy ingredients - what benefit is that supposed to have? It makes the alchemy section more crowded, and it is now possible to turn a high-quality mutagen into a potion by accident.

A similar thing are the increased low-quality mutagen drops in combination with reduced overall mutagen drops - so basically you now get more of the useless ones but less of the useful ones?
Post edited July 21, 2011 by Kibou
NeroTulip: I'm in the same situation on my first playthrough, and I can confirm you can play the DLC.
Thanks, I'll install patch 1.3 then.
wader2k: Now that is disappointing. I bought a bigger screen thinking I would see more..not less.

Is this the fault of this engine or just lazy programming?
Technically, this is the "right" way to handle FOV - by increasing or decreasing field of view on the horizontal axis depending on the aspect ratio. 16:9 is a wider image than 16:10, therefore the only way to add screen real estate to 16:10 is to increase the vertical field of view... generally considered a no-no these days as far as PC gaming is concerned (see BioShock and other Unreal Engine 3 which have caught huge amounts of flak for this behaviour). I'm sorry if it's not suited to your needs, but just about every 3D game handles widescreen ratios in this way.
Kibou: One thing I couldn't figure out so far is turning mutagens into alchemy ingredients - what benefit is that supposed to have? It makes the alchemy section more crowded, and it is now possible to turn a high-quality mutagen into a potion by accident.
Maybe CDP did it to keep the same number of categories in the inventory because they added the junk section.
coastie65: If you take the Iorveth path, when get ready to depart on the ship, you will end up with a choice, save the Elven girls, or go after the honcho. If you save the elven girls, you will indeed meet one later and have sex. I think that may be what that is.
dnna: This has been an option since v1.0, tho. I'm just a little confused because this was added with 1.3 - perhaps they just fixed something, I don't know.
I think I saw it in there before patch 1.3 as I didn't get the Patch until last night. I think I may have gooten that file and added it on my own from some site, now that I think of it. Maybe the same place I got the "Nude Sucubus " files.
Post edited July 21, 2011 by coastie65
Technically, this is the "right" way to handle FOV - by increasing or decreasing field of view on the horizontal axis depending on the aspect ratio. 16:9 is a wider image than 16:10, therefore the only way to add screen real estate to 16:10 is to increase the vertical field of view... generally considered a no-no these days as far as PC gaming is concerned (see BioShock and other Unreal Engine 3 which have caught huge amounts of flak for this behaviour). I'm sorry if it's not suited to your needs, but just about every 3D game handles widescreen ratios in this way.
Correct. Since CDPR isn't going to redo the art assets, the choice is either deal with it or buy a modern monitor.
dnna: This has been an option since v1.0, tho. I'm just a little confused because this was added with 1.3 - perhaps they just fixed something, I don't know.
It was there before the 1.3 patch, for me anyway. I checked it when I read about it here yesterday, I checked before updating to 1.3.
the 1.3 patch notes say ....
The launcher now closes completely and no longer continues to operate in the background.

however It doesnt close, it stays open the entire time i play
warpax: the 1.3 patch notes say ....
The launcher now closes completely and no longer continues to operate in the background.

however It doesnt close, it stays open the entire time i play
I'm not sure it does mean that it closes while playing. I think it might be that once you quit the launcher, the process is killed - unlike before 1.3, when, I believe, it kept running.
i updated from 1.2 patch and only thing im bugging with is that there is no storage in flotsam, nor option for storaging when talking to inkeeper or his wife/barmaid.

read the 1st 3 pages, but nothing about it, how to fix that and are there similiar problems in other chapters?
rejndjer: i updated from 1.2 patch and only thing im bugging with is that there is no storage in flotsam, nor option for storaging when talking to inkeeper or his wife/barmaid.

read the 1st 3 pages, but nothing about it, how to fix that and are there similiar problems in other chapters?
In Flotsam, the storage chest in the inn can be used anyway, without talking to the inn-keeper (who does not offer you to store anything, at the moment).
rejndjer: i updated from 1.2 patch and only thing im bugging with is that there is no storage in flotsam, nor option for storaging when talking to inkeeper or his wife/barmaid.

Aaden: In Flotsam, the storage chest in the inn can be used anyway, without talking to the inn-keeper (who does not offer you to store anything, at the moment).
oh nvm, i wasn't talking to the real inkeeper but the one upstairs. got it now, as u said talking doesnt work but still can storage via accessing the chest manually. thx