It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The thing here its that the witcher combat, has not combat at all, its just a runing away put traps bombs, and keep runing... thats combat?, no.

I think many of here dosent have an idea of how a combat works, because if they had they will no saying some stupidities that i read in the posts.

I will give some good damm reasons:

-When you fight, with one or many enemies, you FOUCS on them, you cannot RUN LIKE imbecile around, you need to state a DEFENSIVE STANCE, and move around the terrain, if you run like idiot "like geralt in the game" the enemies ARE GOING TO CAUGHT YOU,i think in this game we are not using a WARRIOR we are using an olympics runner.

-Block cost you mana... i dont need to explain this because its a joke, maybe the gratest warriors of the world have hidden abilities and use "mana" too... ridiculous.

-Evading is BAD... ok geralts roll... and he cant just make a sidestep?, rolling to evade every damm atack its stupid, you cannot do that, and even the animation its wrong when he rolls he DOSENT SEE HIS OPONENTS,so that means he roll with no consiusness of his enemies and every enemie can use this oportunity to get close and kill him (yeah thats on a reality escenario) but in the game we can pass that wrong animation, but the fact that he can only roll to evade its wrong, even in the first witcher you can sidestep...

-Enemies do TONS of damage... the enmies do very large quantities of damage and geralt recovers so slow.. even with potions, and the stupid hard atack its unusable, its a joke to use that when you know another enemie will atack you from behind, and the game fights are always with large groups...

-STUN LOCK... that is wrong too, if you get hit you can always react, and if you are supoused to be a warrior and you have experience in combat, a hit dosent sent you to a pain state like that, thats stupid.

So the game combat needs a review,because now the game has no combat.
Post edited May 20, 2011 by frenrihr
Addai67: My response to the game is pretty much the same as yours. The changes to combat and camera view and lack of pause/play make it unplayable for me. This is not even to mention the awkwardness in the UI and other controls. I probably could fight with the system for hours on end as people say they've done, but life is too short. There is a reason I don't play action games.

And yes, my fault for thinking that even with changes, TW2 would play enough like TW1 to feel like a similar game. I followed TW2 development but not slavishly and just had faith that the games would play similarly. TW1 combat was not perfect but overall enjoyable, and I could get along well enough that I could experience what I really wanted to see- the world and the RP interactions. Not so with the sequel.

It's the second huge disappointment of the year for an RPG sequel. Dragon Age II was playable (mostly) but half a game, dull and had railroaded story choices. But at least I could play the game in order to find this out for myself. I'm afraid unless TW2 gameplay is significantly changed in patches, it might as well have a sucky story and characters, too, because I'll never see them.
Quote from my reply to you on BW forum:

Uninstalled already? I wholeheartedly disagree with your critics in the previous post. Elthon John guy is just a troll. I have a underspec GPU and I had no tech problem whatsoever with TW2. And for people who has, CDPR is totally committed to fixing it. Too many people with too many different rigs.

It's totally different from some devs that will leave their games with some bugs forever, like Awakening and so far, DA2. It freezes every now and then and I need task manager to close the game! And lots of people have the very same issue, while the issues in TW2 are with servers and registration mostly. NOT with gameplay.

Yes, some Trolls are attacking the game in GoG's forum but I don't doubt that some ever went there from here! Some people have legitimate complaints. Yes, the inventory management could be better, the savegame management is unexistent but the combat? The combat is awesome! It really pays to spend some time studying your enemies.

The manual? What Manual? Everything you need to know is in your JOURNAL and particularly in the Tutorial section for the first playthrough. Abdicating of consulting it is not to be blamed on the game!

Poor design and imbalance? That's just trooling, imho! It is the second coming of the RPG. As much as I've said it before, the guy at Rock, Paper & Shotgun said it too: TW2 will be played and talked about for years to come. DA2? filed under "games I played long ago".

Oh, and btw, for those having trouble with the combat because of advanced arthritis or something ... go ranged! Daggers are the new Aard or Igni or whatever. You don't even have to get hit. Traps, bombs and Daggers FTW!
Post edited May 20, 2011 by RageGT
frenrihr: --> I think many of here dosent have an idea <-- of how a combat works, because if they had they will no saying some stupidities that i read in the posts.
Umm English please?
frenrihr: --> I think many of here dosent have an idea <-- of how a combat works, because if they had they will no saying some stupidities that i read in the posts.
Shock2k11: Umm English please?
You can use this imbecile .i.
Oh yeah second thing Rage gt, if you're fighting in real life and there are huge numbers of opponents (enemies) attacking you do you just face them all like a moron and let them kick your ass? Hell no you run and hide and make up a strategy. Even a super hero has his own weakness and has to retreat sometimes. DURRR
Oh sorry I meant Frenhrir not Rage GT (WRONG PERSON)
(durr)
Shock2k11: Umm English please?
frenrihr: You can use this imbecile .i.
Yep now we know your IQ which is exactly -70
Post edited May 20, 2011 by Shock2k11
Maybe in the wars, the soldiers run because there ARE TOO MUCH ENEMIES... and a good dam warrior can kill 10 soldiers with ease, because the victory of combat dosent depend of the numbers.

Yeah you use strategy, but the strategy is not always run like idiot.
It's the idiot that stays in the crowd and gets his ass kicked and never retreats
oh and it's too many enemies not too much enemies
Shock2k11: It's the idiot that stays in the crowd and gets his ass kicked and never retreats
oh and it's too many enemies not too much enemies
Yeah or the idiot that think running its the best and gets in a trap or get caught from behind because he looses the sight of his enemies.
That's why you run and fight at the same time (DURR)
forget it I am not going to argue with a Mexican person, since Mexican people always have something bad to say about Poles and Polish products. It's always been like that and always will be.
@frenrihr
This is not Diablo that you have your Paladin aura on and TANK everything without effort. The developers actually made this an Action RPG which incorporates action from players and adding RPG skills/talents onto it.
archaven: @frenrihr
This is not Diablo that you have your Paladin aura on and TANK everything without effort. The developers actually made this an Action RPG which incorporates action from players and adding RPG skills/talents onto it.
I dont say that so eat your words kid....(i see the guy enraged answering something because i call him a kid)
archaven: @frenrihr
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! -- Great point
Well, i say it again, i am not racist, an this has nothing to do with that, i like the game and i think the company its a good and has future (if they not get owned by the devil....EA).

By the way, the witcher its supoused to be an rpg with action combat featues... but its not and action game with rpg features...
This is better than Diablo, in Diablo all you basically do is run into a horde of monsters and you keep slaughtering them without almost ever retreating :P so you screwed your self up on that HA!

Double edged sword
Shock2k11: This is better than Diablo, in Diablo all you basically do is run into a horde of monsters and you keep slaughtering them without almost ever retreating :P so you screwed your self up on that HA!

Double edged sword
I dont even play diablo man, any of them.