It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey!

I've been trying to figure this out for a while, but the back-up page for the Witcher 2 is unclear about this and I can't find an answer anywhere.

The back-up page says that you can register any edition of The Witcher 2 on GOG for the back-up. Does this include the 360 edition? The wording implies yes, but common sense implies no.

I'm not worried about it or expecting it, as there's no way my computer can run this game, but I'm pretty curious as I can't seem to find a definitive answer. Anyone able to answer me?
This question / problem has been solved by atomicfreakimage
I'm curious about this as well. Some pages say PC copy, others say any copy, and I thought I heard him list the 360 version in the original announcement video.

Which is it...any copy, or only PC versions?

I don't think giving a PC copy to 360 customers is against common sense, as Steam did the same thing for PS3 customers with Portal 2.
atomicfreak: I don't think giving a PC copy to 360 customers is against common sense, as Steam did the same thing for PS3 customers with Portal 2.
Oh it would be absolutely incredible if they did. I think it would be a great promo for GOG and attract a lot of buyers. When I say common sense I mean that my own common sense says that if they allowed 360 copies to register a back-up they would have made a bigger deal about it, like Valve did for Portal 2 on the PS3.

Still, a definitive answer would be awesome. Anyone got one?
Sorry, I don't know either but I would love it if they do. My xbox 360 in the psat got the RROD once already and I don't know how long the system will last. Also, I'm guessing like in 5 years even integrated graphics will be able to play Witcher 2 on low settings like how integrated graphics can now play the first witcher on low settings so that way I can keep on playing this great game even years from now!

edit: also it would be cool for xbox 360 players on GOG to be able to get the bonuses the bonuses here.
Post edited April 18, 2012 by marcusmaximus
I could have sworn he listed Xbox 360 as one of the editions that qualified in the initial livestream conference, but can't find any word on it.
Strange. My copy hasn't arrived yet, but I'll be sure to try it and let you guys know when I find out.
I doubt it. The announcement was that 1.1 million backup copies had been prepared on gog.com, which is the estimated current amount of sales for PC. This leads me to believe that the backup is for PC gamers.
I do have the game on Xbox 360 and the wording implies that any copy is eligible...

But, where should the product key be in the 360 packaging?
interested in this as well
Cashaddi: I do have the game on Xbox 360 and the wording implies that any copy is eligible...

But, where should the product key be in the 360 packaging?
Somewhere in the manual perhaps? But the fact that you can't find anything really obvious makes me doubt this is a thing. Maybe I'll email support to get a definitive answer.
I picked up the 360 version and filled out the whole form at CD Projekt to get a replacement code since there is no key anywhere on the 360 manual or packaging. The response was that they aren't giving out backups to 360 customers, only PC.

So there you have it.
Post edited April 20, 2012 by atomicfreak
atomicfreak: I picked up the 360 version and filled out the whole form at CD Projekt to get a replacement code since there is no key anywhere on the 360 manual or packaging. The response was that they aren't giving out backups to 360 customers, only PC.

So there you have it.
And thank you. Personally I think they should change the wording from "any copy" because that obviously isn't the case here. But glad to have an answer regardless.