It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi, it is well known that Witcher 2 only supports xbox360 controllers only, I have came across a solution.

Go to http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/

There is xbox360 controller emulator which makes your controller work with games that only support xbox360 controllers.

Just fyi, make sure its copied to where witcher2.exe is located and not launcher.exe and once you have set it up properly it creates xinput3.dll so you no longer need the app running no longler as the xinput dll file keeps settings you have setup and loads automatically when the game starts, meaning once setup you dont need to run anything with witcher 2 to get the controller working, it works automatically.

Anyways if you have issues setting it up post it here and I'll get around to solving it
I have an issue with the x360ce emulator. I've set up everything and the controls work fine in game, I can move, look around, pull up the quick wheel, etc. The problem is when I enter the game menu (save/load game, options, etc.), the directional pad and sticks become non-responsive. I can only use the mouse to navigate the menu, which is not ideal since the cursor has disappeared (and you can only move up and down the menu when the mouse cursor is over them), so I have to blindly move my mouse around to do anything in the menus. Any ideas?
yupper: I have an issue with the x360ce emulator. I've set up everything and the controls work fine in game, I can move, look around, pull up the quick wheel, etc. The problem is when I enter the game menu (save/load game, options, etc.), the directional pad and sticks become non-responsive. I can only use the mouse to navigate the menu, which is not ideal since the cursor has disappeared (and you can only move up and down the menu when the mouse cursor is over them), so I have to blindly move my mouse around to do anything in the menus. Any ideas?
what gamepad are you using?

I have a Rumblepad 2 working 100% using 360ce.
I have a Logitech Dual Action. It works when I use it with x360ce for Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas (and a couple of other multiplatform games I can't recall now). I just figured it would work with TW2 as well (and it does, just not when in the menu screens).
yupper: I just figured it would work with TW2 as well (and it does, just not when in the menu screens).
Is your game patched to the latest version v1.3?
Kleetus: Is your game patched to the latest version v1.3?
As far as I can tell, downloaded and applied via the autopatcher.
Well, check.

Either get the autopatcher from your account, or right-click witcher2.exe in the bin folder, then properties then details.
yupper: I have a Logitech Dual Action. It works when I use it with x360ce for Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas (and a couple of other multiplatform games I can't recall now). I just figured it would work with TW2 as well (and it does, just not when in the menu screens).
Maybe take a screen shot of your 360ce settings and post them here. (Or you can list them all but a screenshot would be faster.) I can compare them to mine.

When you have the controller loaded in the 360ce settings panel do all the buttons register on the picture of the 360 controller?
Ok, what the bloody hell is wrong with the patcher? It did not patch the game up to 1.3, or 1.2, or even 1.1! Even though it went through the progress bar and said the game was "up to date"! I checked the .exe properties and it said it was v 1.0! I had to do patch the game manually, eventually downloading 1.3 from the official Witcher website. I can now use the gamepad in the game menus. Whew, problem fixed. Thanks all for helping out.
Post edited August 02, 2011 by yupper
yupper: Ok, what the bloody hell is wrong with the patcher?
The patcher is flakey, best to use the autopatcher from now on.

Anyway, glad it's sorted.
lagunareturns: Hi, it is well known that Witcher 2 only supports xbox360 controllers only, I have came across a solution.

Go to http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/
Lifesaver!! Thanks!

Here's a free meatball recipe for your troubles: http://youtu.be/C8Wu3Bps9ic