It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm playing the game on lowest settings on 1920x1080 yet I get frame rates lower than 30 quite often.
My specs are
AMD 6300 @3.5 GHZ
Radeon 270X 4 GB
8 GB DDR 3 Ram
Game installed on ssd
Windows 8

It isn't exactly i7 & Titan but shouldn't I get decent frame rates on low?
Am I missing something?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
mko: ...I'm playing the game on lowest settings on 1920x1080 yet I get frame rates lower than 30 quite often....
A lot of people are able to fix this by dropping a modified d3d9.dll into the games folder (it can be found here) and by editing the game's config file (witcher 2\bin\config\user.ini)
It should contain:

[config]
RenderAheadLimit=2
FPSlimit=60
Post edited October 12, 2014 by DeMignon
mko: ...I'm playing the game on lowest settings on 1920x1080 yet I get frame rates lower than 30 quite often....
DeMignon: A lot of people are able to fix this by dropping a modified d3d9.dll into the games folder (it can be found here) and by editing the game's config file (witcher 2\bin\config\user.ini)
It should contain:

[config]
RenderAheadLimit=2
FPSlimit=60
This was somewhat helpful. I still get 20 fps in forest around floatsom.
mko: This was somewhat helpful. I still get 20 fps in forest around floatsom.
As you're playing it on low already, I guess ubersampling, SSAO etc. are disabled. Turn these effects and picture enhancements off. You're playing the game in a rather hight Full HD resolution. I'd switch to standard HD (1280x720) which uses the same aspect ratio, thus scaling flawlessly on your system.
mko: This was somewhat helpful. I still get 20 fps in forest around floatsom.
DeMignon: As you're playing it on low already, I guess ubersampling, SSAO etc. are disabled. Turn these effects and picture enhancements off. You're playing the game in a rather hight Full HD resolution. I'd switch to standard HD (1280x720) which uses the same aspect ratio, thus scaling flawlessly on your system.
I did it no change. Is there a way to see why is the game lagging as in not gpu vs cpu?