It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

maul_inc: Until they patch in support for 16:10 & 4:3, you can use the FlawlessWidescreen Tool by Hayden.

http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/
This works really well, though I found its a good idea to disable motion blur or you get some odd effects when moving the mouse.
The widescreen tool works - but does anyone get a momentary flash of the black bars (or where the screen would have been cut off) when switching to the inventory screen, journal screen or main menu?

If I wasn't getting that it would be perfect... :(
Post edited May 31, 2011 by deeviusnz
deeviusnz: The widescreen tool works - but does anyone get a momentary flash of the black bars (or where the screen would have been cut off) when switching to the inventory screen, journal screen or main menu?

If I wasn't getting that it would be perfect... :(
Yep I get that, I don't think those screens resize but it doesn't worry me very much.
maul_inc: Until they patch in support for 16:10 & 4:3, you can use the FlawlessWidescreen Tool by Hayden.

DyvimSlorm: This works really well, though I found its a good idea to disable motion blur or you get some odd effects when moving the mouse.
I disabled motionblur before using the tool as I can't stand that effect all the time. I also disabled bloom as it brightens up everything way to much, look at geralt's skin with and without bloom, he looks like he is glowing like a ghost when bloom is on, but his eyes looks way more intense when bloom is turned off.

Btw. Disabling bloom will not remove the nice Godrays from the sun ;-)
Post edited May 31, 2011 by maul_inc
Poog: Nope, my drivers have always been set to center the image and not stretch it.
Sorry, not possible.

The game currently doesn't support 16:10, and the only way to display it without letterboxing is to stretch the image.
Hayden's flawlesswidescreen tool now supports Witcher 2 1.2 GOG & Retail ;-)

erikAngry: Trust me, I would have noticed the black bars when I first launched the game, I would have tried to fix it, I would have found that TW2 doesn't support 16:10 and I would have pondered that ridiculous fact. The stretching was obviously not that bad then, but GPU scaling is off and was always off. Now, what did they change to fuck up their pseudo 16:10...
Thank god I'm not the only one, I thought I was going mad!

The only reason I came on to these forums was to wonder how the black bars suddenly appeared after patch 1.2!!

For reference I'm running the retail boxed copy from a shop with the manual 1.2 Patch_ROW download. It's possible I upgraded my Nvidia drivers at the same time to the latest ones but I thought I'd done that post Patch 1.1. I also switched from "High" to "Ultra"(but disabled Ubersampling) after my video settings were lost.

There has to be a pattern somewhere for all of mad people who didn't have noticeable bars previously but do now.

Nvidia 560 Ti (v275.33 drivers)
Ultra detail (minus Ubersampling)
1440x900 resolution
Boxed retail Witcher 2
Manual patch_ROW download
Post edited June 05, 2011 by CodeThief
Well, I noticed something odd. I have a 1080p monitor (1920*1080), which is obviously a 16:9 resolution. I run most games in 1080p, but I decided that I want a little more graphical fidility but lower the resolution for TW2 (otherwise I have to run everything on Low settings). But when I put it to 1600*900, I got black bars on top, bottom and the sides. So I put my monitor to use FULL display, regardless of resolution (you'd think that wasn't necessary, since it's a 16:9 monitor already), but that gave me black bars on the top and bottom.

I went back to 1080p, and it's not really a big deal for me, because at some point I will replay this game (probably not long before TW3) so I will have a powerful enough PC by then to run it on, hopefully, uber settings. I'm satisfied with the game settings on Low, because the game is good either way. Just thought I'd share this with you, because I found it rather strange that a 16:9 resolution didn't fill my 16:9 monitor.
I recently read from someone who had too large black bars after installing 1.2. The resolution in the settings was somehow bugged after the patch. It showed 1680x1050 but actually wasn't - or something.
Try to switch to any other resolution (preferably non-16:10), start the game, quit the game, switch back to 1680x1050 (or 1920x1200 respectively) and you should have small black bars (limiting the image to 16:9) - which, as of now, are what you'll have to deal with with TW2.
maul_inc: Hayden's flawlesswidescreen tool now supports Witcher 2 1.2 GOG & Retail ;-)

That really works. At least it let me decrease resolution without bars. There was some bug that the textures were acting weird walls and all. but I tried it second time, it was fine. But CD red should fix resolution issues themselves and fast.
Anyway thanks for this.

Edit: It seems that texturejumping appears if I have motion blur turned on.
Post edited June 05, 2011 by Antimateria
maul_inc: Hayden's flawlesswidescreen tool now supports Witcher 2 1.2 GOG & Retail ;-)

Antimateria: That really works. At least it let me decrease resolution without bars. There was some bug that the textures were acting weird walls and all. but I tried it second time, it was fine. But CD red should fix resolution issues themselves and fast.
Anyway thanks for this.

Edit: It seems that texturejumping appears if I have motion blur turned on.
I didn't know about the texture jumping as I always have motion blur turned off as it hurts my eyes :-)