It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello, I've recently bought an Aspire V5-573G laptop and installed GOG version of the Witcher on it. Unfortunately for some reason it says I don't meet recommended settings even though I run it on GTX 850M. I've checked google and this forums and succeded in making the game run by using -dontforceminreqs command. But even then I cannot enable antialiasing or change texture quality.
Another answer for that was to change one registry string HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/Microsoft/DirectDraw. They said to change EmulationOnly from 1 to 0. The problem is I don't have such string and adding it manually does not change anything.

I have ACER Aspire V5-573G with Windows 8.1 64-bit
Intel Core i5-4210U 1.7GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M with 4GB Dedicated VRAM
8GB DDR3 Memory

Does anyone know what to do? Some registry settings to change, compatibility, patches, mods, anything?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
My best guess is that you have Optimus software . You can try this to see .
1. Open NVIDIA Control Panel
2. Select: Advanced View
3. Navigate to: Manage 3D Settings
4. Select tab entitled: Program Settings
5. Use the "Add" button to find and add the .exe file(s) for my game(s)
6. Select the option "High Performance NVIDIA Processor"
7. Click on "Apply"
8. Exit the NVIDIA Control Panel
Did it but unfortunately does not work.
I won't be able to help you with AA, but if you have to use dontforceminreqs, you can use this mod to improve texture quality.
CRW: I won't be able to help you with AA, but if you have to use dontforceminreqs, you can use this mod to improve texture quality.
Aaah, this looks nice. Thank you!