It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

my problem isnt listed here, im having an issue where the text isnt displaying properly at all, subtitles work fine but hoving over an item the text is unreadable like its in hyrogliphics or somthing same with the settings and also when im on the character level up/quests sometimes the text is missing compleetly othertimes its doubled onto its self and othertimes again its in differnt charcters compleetly

im currently re installing the game to see if that fixes it though im doubtful as the repair/verify said its all fine
Attachments:
Post edited August 08, 2019 by Alex_Glennie
dethmin: Every time I try to start up the game I get the error The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_35.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. Please help I've been trying to fix this myself for an hour. I am on Windows 10.
olnorton: You need DirectX 9.0c
Go here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
Download the runtimes to a temporary folder on your desktop & run DXSETUP.exe
Once it says installation complete (see pic) you can delete the folder from your desktop.
And don't worry, it won't effect your newer DirectX files.
Thank you Lord Saviour!!
Nicoalar: Hi mates, i have a problem with the witcher game, every time I try to run the game it say ¨the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). click OK to close the application.
i do not why, my pc is powerfull enought to run the game.

I have try every solution available in internet.

please help me..
Are you running Reshade or SweetFX? I read that was a problem with it. The solution was to go to he witcher.exe file and disable the run compatibility mode.
Alex_Glennie: my problem isnt listed here, im having an issue where the text isnt displaying properly at all, subtitles work fine but hoving over an item the text is unreadable like its in hyrogliphics or somthing same with the settings and also when im on the character level up/quests sometimes the text is missing compleetly othertimes its doubled onto its self and othertimes again its in differnt charcters compleetly

im currently re installing the game to see if that fixes it though im doubtful as the repair/verify said its all fine
I have exactly the same problem, and nothing seems to fix it. Did you ever find a solution?
Ok so, I ednabled Vsync in attempt to fix 2 hotizontal lines that separate my screen into 3 fractions (notably noticed in the cutscenes), which trigger me a lot. Anyway to fix this issue?
Alex_Glennie: my problem isnt listed here, im having an issue where the text isnt displaying properly at all, subtitles work fine but hoving over an item the text is unreadable like its in hyrogliphics or somthing same with the settings and also when im on the character level up/quests sometimes the text is missing compleetly othertimes its doubled onto its self and othertimes again its in differnt charcters compleetly

firx: I have exactly the same problem, and nothing seems to fix it. Did you ever find a solution?
Check this thread for a workaround: https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher/odd_text_glitch_in_settings_and_levelup_only/page1
FPS and graphics quality will suffer, but at least it will be playable.
I have the same issue, maybe someone can suggest better solution.
low rated
Waltorious: Tried to reply earlier but the GOG server had issues or something.

Anyway, I ran The Witcher on Windows 7 64-bit so I don't think the 64-bit OS is the problem. Rather, I think your graphics card might be causing problems, as it has two GPUs on it. The Witcher has known problems with SLI / Crossfire so it might also have problems with your dual-GPU card. Is it at all possible to set your card to run using only one GPU? That should still be more than enough power to run the game at high settings. I've never used a dual-GPU card before, though, so I don't know if that's something you can do.

If you can't change that setting, you should definitely be sure to find the absolute latest graphics drivers as they may improve performance in older games that have trouble with multiple GPUs.
veganMalcontent: That seems to have done it! I played for about an hour last night with no crashes. Thanks for the great advice!
Thanks to your information by https://www.fileour.com/
low rated
beliar: My copy of "The Witcher" has been constantly crashing. In the first chapters that was bearable - I could play for 30 mins to an hour without a crash, but entering Trade Quarter (Chapter 3) changed that all. Game started crashing every 5 minutes and became unplayable. I have tried all the methods listed in the first post and none of them helped.
After that I decided to use Google and find other available methods to stop Witcher from crashing and I was lucky. I have already played for 4 hours without a single crash. So that's what I did (I am on Windows 7 Ultimate).

Method 1:
1. Press right mouse button on the folder where you installed "The Witcher Enhanced Edition".
2. Go to properties -> Advanced
3. Uncheck "Allow files in this folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties"
4. Press OK and allow changes to be made to all folders and subfolders.
5. Download Defraggler
6. Install -> go to the program -> Action -> Defrag folder... -> choose your Witcher folder -> OK
7. Or I think you can just defragment the whole drive with a function available with Windows instead of doing steps 5-6.

Method 2 (note that it must only be used in 32-bit OSes):
1. First of all make sure that you have a fixed virtual memory of more than 3 GBs allocated on your machine:
a) RMB on Computer -> Properties -> Advanced system settings -> Performance -> Advanced -> Change
b) Highlight any of your drives -> Custom settings. Make sure you write the same number in both "Initial size" and "Maximum size". For example my number is 3840, which stands for 3.75 GB. Windows 7 and possibly Vista (I have never had Vista, so I don't know) allows you only write a number that is lower than your physical RAM (my physical is 4 GB, thus I have written 3.75 GB). Windows XP didn't limit your virtual memory and you could write any number you want (though it's inadvisable to choose a virtual memory more than twice as big as your RAM).
c) Press "Set". You might possibly need to restart your PC. Allocate your VM only on one of your drives (if you have more than one). Other drives should display "None".
2. Install this update if you have Vista without SP1. Operating systems starting Vista SP1 already has it included and XP doesn't need it.
3. If you have Vista or 7, Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> RMB on Command Prompt -> Run as Administrator.
4. bcdedit /export "C:\BCDBackup"
5. bcdedit /Set IncreaseUserVa 3072 (note where the spaces are).
NOTE: 3072 is the maximum you can use in this step, however any number between 2048 and 3072 can be used. Also obviously the number here can not exceed the number you chose in step 1b.
6. Reboot. WARNING: step 5 can possibly screw your computer even preventing it from booting. If that happens, boot it in safe mode, repeat step 3 and write:
bcdedit /import "C:\BCDBackup" (it will restore your computer to previous settings).

7. Steps 3-6 only work on 32-bit Vista and 7. If you have Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP Pro (Home is not supported), the steps are different.
8. Open C:\boot.ini file with a Notepad (it's a hidden file). Before doing anything, make a backup of the file.
9. Find a line that looks something like this:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
10. Add /3GB at the end of the line so it looks like this:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /3GB
11. Save the file as boot.ini. Restart.
12. In case it fucks up your computer, restore the backup I asked you to make.

I used both of the methods I described here and all the crashes stopped. i don't know which of them actually helped or both of them. I'm only happy, I don't have to save every minute in the game anymore.
Can also the best <a href="[url=https://www.fileour.com">free]https://www.fileour.com">free[/url] software</a> download for Windows...
How do i get the cutscenes to display correctly at 3440*1440?

I've tried looking at the WSGF to answer this, but it just leads me to a dead end, pointing to so PCGF Wiki patch, which doesn't seem to exist.

Anyone got this working without modified .exe?

Using the GOG version
corbain: (...)
Not sure if you saw this over at WSGF, to make your own modification, so here goes the link:
http://www.wsgf.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=95&amp;t=29013&amp;p=160343#p160343
Post edited December 13, 2019 by Links
Whenever I try to manually save the game, my computer turns off. Seems fine with the auto saves. Any clues?
Crashing issue:

Saving the game crashes to the desktop and going past the Salamanders during the prologue always crashes.

It is completely unplayable at this point and very frustrating. I've patched through the "4gb installation", windowed mode, compatibility set up and running as an administrator.

Save game issue:

Whether I use the in-game method or directly from the file directory, the save files always seem to restore itself.

----

At this point, I am stumped and completely frustrated with this entire experience.
hestiah23: Crashing issue:

Saving the game crashes to the desktop and going past the Salamanders during the prologue always crashes.

It is completely unplayable at this point and very frustrating. I've patched through the "4gb installation", windowed mode, compatibility set up and running as an administrator.

Save game issue:

Whether I use the in-game method or directly from the file directory, the save files always seem to restore itself.

----

At this point, I am stumped and completely frustrated with this entire experience.
Windows 10? I was just experiencing this same problem, and the problem ended up being Windows 10's Ransomware protection. It prevents many apps from making changes to sensitive folders, including Documents, in which Witcher puts saved games.

Go to Windows Security, select Virus & threat protection, scroll down to Ransomware protection. Select Manage ransomware protection.

You could simply turn off Controlled folder access, or, probably a better solution, select Allow an app through Controlled folder access. Then select Add an allowed app. Then select Recently blocked apps. You should see Witcher there, or its launcher. Add it to the allowed apps.

Hope this helps. I spent most of the day trying to play Witcher, and could never get past the first autosave, until finally remembering this new(ish) Windows 10 security feature.
Hi!

I've installed The Witcher, and i got the error code 0xc00000b. I have tried to fix it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Visual C++ Redist, as suggested, but the problem still remains. The game doesn't start, and i got the same error code.
(DirectX installed, and all drivers are up-to-date.)

Do you know any other solution?
I cannot get the game to run, I have tried -dontForceMinReqs and it still says I do not meet required system requirements, please help