It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Free for existing customers
thanks.
maybe we should add the source:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redthread/dreamfall-chapters-the-longest-journey/posts/1920395?
Playable deleted scenes. Oooooh! Cant wait
timmy010: Playable deleted scenes. Oooooh! Cant wait
I'm not exaggerating when I say that absolutely everybody who weighed in on the subject prefers the original version of Storytime, but instead of changing it back to the original version like everyone prefers, they decided to leave it the way it is and add the original version as "playable deleted scenes". I'm glad that this part of the game will be available in the Final Cut, but I'm disappointed that they didn't just revert to the original version of Storytime. Their reasoning is that the original version is too complicated for today's adventure gamer, and sadly, they may be correct. I love Telltale, but I'm afraid that while their style has attracted more gamers to the genre, it may have also unintentionally dumbed down the genre by removing the puzzles. If a 38-year-old with ADD can adore the long-winded parts of The Longest Journey and deal with the rubber ducky puzzle, millennials can put aside social media for long enough to watch a walkthrough. Just sayin'.
Post edited July 21, 2017 by bongboy
What happened here? GOG has already released it while steam is still waiting. That's a premiere I guess.
MarkoH01: What happened here? GOG has already released it while steam is still waiting. That's a premiere I guess.
Whatever do you mean? :p
lmfao
timmy010: Playable deleted scenes. Oooooh! Cant wait
bongboy: I'm not exaggerating when I say that absolutely everybody who weighed in on the subject prefers the original version of Storytime, but instead of changing it back to the original version like everyone prefers, they decided to leave it the way it is and add the original version as "playable deleted scenes". I'm glad that this part of the game will be available in the Final Cut, but I'm disappointed that they didn't just revert to the original version of Storytime. Their reasoning is that the original version is too complicated for today's adventure gamer, and sadly, they may be correct. I love Telltale, but I'm afraid that while their style has attracted more gamers to the genre, it may have also unintentionally dumbed down the genre by removing the puzzles. If a 38-year-old with ADD can adore the long-winded parts of The Longest Journey and deal with the rubber ducky puzzle, millennials can put aside social media for long enough to watch a walkthrough. Just sayin'.
I do completely agree with this statement. It's a pity that one of my favorite opening moments of the game is not reintegrated. Maybe they should have given us an option to play with the old or the new scenes. This is nothing more than a band aid for a wrong decision.
Post edited July 21, 2017 by MarkoH01
So, has anyone started playing yet? Anything new that they broke?

I've been waiting for the final cut since my n'th marathon of the first games earlier this year. I have already forgotten the ending to Dreamfall (yet again, sigh...) so I'll need to waste my time watching a Youtube summary anyway. Might as well wait another month for any potential patches.
onarliog: So, has anyone started playing yet? Anything new that they broke?

I've been waiting for the final cut since my n'th marathon of the first games earlier this year. I have already forgotten the ending to Dreamfall (yet again, sigh...) so I'll need to waste my time watching a Youtube summary anyway. Might as well wait another month for any potential patches.
Since they added character informations in the game which will only be added when you meet them the first time I started again and so far I did not experience any major bugs (just localisation bugs). Be aware that until the latest patch (there were two patches durinrelease on steam and I doubt that they both have arrived here on GOG) the game won't find your latest savegame because of a changed save structure. You now have three slots which would have been great to have from release since this game is about choices. To let the game see your savegames again create a folder "Slot1" in your savegame folder and move the save files here.

So your save folder would be:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Red Thread Games\Dreamfall Chapters\Autosave\Slot1
instead of
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Red Thread Games\Dreamfall Chapters\Autosave\

As I said they already patched it and we might get the fix here on Monday if it isn't already fixed here too.

BTW: In the game there is a previously video included which gives you all the informations you need to know before playing Dreamfall Chapters. No need to rewatch gameplay video.
Post edited July 23, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: BTW: In the game there is a previously video included which gives you all the informations you need to know before playing Dreamfall Chapters. No need to rewatch gameplay video.
Thanks a lot, especially for letting me know about the recap, you've saved me some tedious work!
I really enjoyed the first deleted scene. I think they should have extended the game by keeping the bit they cut

The second deleted scene, i remember playing from before and as i recall, it was the worst part of the game. The guard just randomly shouted at you as if it was some cheap jump scare. I personally wanted to hear kian's personal thoughts, which meant the guard was bound to come round. There was no way of keeping an eye on the guard to hide from him while interacting with objects. Again, the guard was bound to catch you. I was caught atleast ten times just analysing objects followed by cheap jump scares. I just wonder what they replaced it with then...
timmy010: I really enjoyed the first deleted scene.
And I didn't enjoyed it. Especially the guy in the dark, that you need to lead from one talk to other.