I've managed to get this game running successfully fullscreen on Windows 7 64bit with latest (197.13) Nvidia drivers. Unless I use the software renderer, the game freezes at "Loading.." if ran fullscreen. I fixed this by adding the following two lines to preferences.ini
I didn't find it necessary to add bool_UseHardware=0 and use the software renderer - though from only playing the opening scene the only difference seems to be that shadows look unpleasant with the software renderer (though can be disabled I believe). The character models don't look pretty either way. Forcing AA using the Nvidia control panel improves the appearance, but triggers graphical glitches in the game.
This issue is not at all TLJ-specific, but it gave me some trouble. My monitor's built in scaling will stretch rather than using 1:1 mapping. The solution is to enable the setting "Use NVIDIA scaling with fixed-aspect ratio" in the Nvidia control panel (Display->Adjust desktop size and position). This sounds straight-forward, but I (like others
) have found this setting does not work, and would always switch back to "Use my display's built-in scaling". I managed to make the setting stick using the following steps. They may not work for you.
1. Change desktop resolution to 1024x768
2. Select 'use nvidia scaling with fixed-aspect ratio'
3. Open a game and verify the scaling is working
4. Switch to your native resolution (the "change to the native resolution" button worked for me).
5. Verify the Nvidia scaling option is still selected, check it works and then leave the setting well alone.