It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello everybody,

just wanted to inquire about the new update. It was just released today and is supposed to hold a lot of new content:
https://twitter.com/Terraria_Logic/status/734398309012504576

Obviously GOG won't immediately get the update, but I'm really eager to try this out, so I was curious to know if we have any idea how soon the GOG version will get it. :-)

Regards.
I am also waiting for this update. I flooded my old world by mistake (I broke water reservoir which I was building for a long time) and I was very upset, so I was waiting for update to start from scratch.
I think I read in the General forum something about the update arriving here on Monday.

I am wondering if the new wiring logic gates are enough to make the game Turing complete (or if the game already was Turing complete to begin with).
i just got the 1.3.1 update notification. that was fast!
Post edited May 22, 2016 by Smogg
I'm getting an update notification but it's not telling me what game. :P I assume it's Terraria.
From the patch notes:
Miscellaneous:
Medusa is now Hardmode-only.
Took you long enough! ^^
It seems that Terraria has been updated, but only if you happen to be using Windows, which I am not.
Smogg: i just got the 1.3.1 update notification. that was fast!
Oh, sweet! Downloading now. Guess my thread is mostly redundant now...
dtgreene: It seems that Terraria has been updated, but only if you happen to be using Windows, which I am not.
...except for people still waiting for the other versions. I hope the remaining updates follow soon, buddy!
Unkalibriert: From the patch notes:

Miscellaneous:
Medusa is now Hardmode-only.
Unkalibriert: Took you long enough! ^^
WHY!?!?!
She wasn't that hard to kill.

At one point I had three or four of her heads decorating my main entrance.

Those Roman Legion assholes with their spears are a lot tougher than her.
Unkalibriert: From the patch notes:

Took you long enough! ^^
tinyE: WHY!?!?!
She wasn't that hard to kill.

At one point I had three or four of her heads decorating my main entrance.

Those Roman Legion assholes with their spears are a lot tougher than her.
Agreed, you just have to time it right. And ever since I started using yoyos and just shoot around corners, she's even easier to deal with. Too bad.
It's not about killing her, but her instakilling you if you didn't notice her. Sucks pre-Hardmode.
Unkalibriert: It's not about killing her, but her instakilling you if you didn't notice her. Sucks pre-Hardmode.
Point taken.

I hope this doesn't mean marble is only hard mode. I like to build my fort out of that.
The medusa's favorite trick was turning me to stone while I was in a mining cart, rolling above lava or a deep chasm. If her debuff didn't put you out of the cart it wouldn't have been so annoying...
Time to give that game another try. From the changelog I see it has more hidden depth than I though. Maybe I should give it more than 15 minutes. I'm also going to try using a gamepad this time if that's allowed.
Gaerzi: The medusa's favorite trick was turning me to stone while I was in a mining cart, rolling above lava or a deep chasm. If her debuff didn't put you out of the cart it wouldn't have been so annoying...
Or you know, being mid-air and falling to death. I always thought it was hilarious when that happened, I was never bothered by the surprise death or loss of coin.

What made Medusa disappointing is that her weapon should petrify enemies (should work on bosses but obviously not as effective), that would have been awesome. Too many enemies only deal damage in this game.

justanoldgamer: I'm also going to try using a gamepad this time if that's allowed.
I'm very curious if I'll be able to play this game efficiently with my Steam Controller, that would be swell.