It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

justanoldgamer: Time to give that game another try. From the changelog I see it has more hidden depth than I though. Maybe I should give it more than 15 minutes. I'm also going to try using a gamepad this time if that's allowed.
Only 15 minutes? That's hardly enough time to find anything good or kill any bunnies.

Not that I kill the bunnies.

*cough*
Any Terraria dev on these boards? I found an error when I press X (select) to get Crafting information given by the Guide.

Controller support seems promising, there's some kind of grid system that lights up when you dig and there's a lock-on mechanism that I think will simplify the amount of aiming usually necessary with a mouse. It feels weird though, it's going to take some time before I get used to this.
Nirth: Controller support seems promising, there's some kind of grid system that lights up when you dig and there's a lock-on mechanism that I think will simplify the amount of aiming usually necessary with a mouse. It feels weird though, it's going to take some time before I get used to this.
Sounds a lot like the system they use in Terraria for Android. I don't have that much experience with that version, but digging and fighting works reasonably well. Building stuff is even more finicky and slow than with the mouse, though.
It looks like the Mac/Linux versions are out now.

Just noticed from the patch notes: Faulty logic gate lamps? Interesting...

Critters spawned from statues are no longer catchable.
Whyyyyyy

(And agree about Medusa, it's useful to have her in pre-Hardmode as the head is handy even in Hardmode, at least in the beginning.)
Post edited May 23, 2016 by hyperagathon
About half an hour in the new version and first nasty regression. Chest renaming now uses on-screen keyboard, exclusively. Gamepad obviously has no other choice, but typing with my mouse when I have perfectly fine keyboard in front of me makes me want to grab said keyboard and start throwing it around.
huan: About half an hour in the new version and first nasty regression. Chest renaming now uses on-screen keyboard, exclusively. Gamepad obviously has no other choice, but typing with my mouse when I have perfectly fine keyboard in front of me makes me want to grab said keyboard and start throwing it around.
That's not the case with the Steam version, did GOG possibly get an older patch version?
WingedKagouti: That's not the case with the Steam version, did GOG possibly get an older patch version?
I don't think so, but at least I have some new info. Turns out devs really hate playing with auto-pause. First key of light/dark was broken in previous version with autopause on, now typing... With autopause only backspace works, and I have to hold it down very long before it starts to do anything.

Edit: seems to be already reported
Post edited May 23, 2016 by huan
huan: About half an hour in the new version and first nasty regression. Chest renaming now uses on-screen keyboard, exclusively. Gamepad obviously has no other choice, but typing with my mouse when I have perfectly fine keyboard in front of me makes me want to grab said keyboard and start throwing it around.
Tested this (Linux), it works fine for me. Do you perhaps have a gamepad plugged in? If so, try without it.

Edit: Never mind, it was figured out to be autopause in the thread you linked.
Post edited May 24, 2016 by hyperagathon