It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

partially: I don't see why these types of stories often insist on having no NPC interaction at all virtually. First Dead Space at least anyway, both System Shock games, Bioshock to an extent (it did have interaction, but they were such staged setpieces that they hardly felt like it, they were just people to shoot) etc. People are only something you see just before they get munched. I find it very boring story telling.
Well, for one it reinforces the feeling of isolation and loneliness that the player character experiences. Fits quite well with SS 2, IMO.

Another reason for, say, Bioshock not having any non-aggressive interaction, was AFAIK that test players were confused by the presence of characters they weren't supposed to shoot. Don't have a source for that on hand, but it's what I've heard. Make out of that what you will. >_>

Hm, based on that, I wonder just how many players DIDN'T shoot Sander Cohen.
Dave3d:
So were you able to enjoy the game, or did you decide it's not your thing?
Post edited March 25, 2013 by jefequeso
I ended up not playing.
Just wasnt my type of game.
:(

Dave3d:
jefequeso: So were you able to enjoy the game, or did you decide it's not your thing?
Dave3d: I ended up not playing.
Just wasnt my type of game.
:(

jefequeso: So were you able to enjoy the game, or did you decide it's not your thing?
Dave3d:
Bummer. Well, can't like them all.
This is true. I tried to get my 18 year old niece interested in this game by somewhat comparing it to Fallout 3, but in space and much more advanced. Since she likes FO3 she tried it out. But the outdated graphics and the mechanics didn't please her at all. I guess this game isn't for the younger generation, only vets.
actually, to my surprise, there seem to be quite a lot of first time players from the younger generation that seem to like the game. guess the world is not in such an advanced state of decomposition as I've initially thought.
I'm from the younger generation (I was only 3 when this game came out) and I really appreciate the old-school mechanics and level design in it.