It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Where is the first play you see clouds?
30 seconds into the game. Look up.
the only place where you can see the sky is the main street just before you enter the training area on the beginning of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji2e_ePmzhA
Voodoo what is the benefit of making a mod permanent by using DataPermMods over Temp? Just curious
The new ss2tool 5.0 works fine on my end, I did a fresh re-install of the game and patch and it seems to have restored the developer logo fmvs I didn't realize were missing. Thanks again voodoo and give my thanks to Kolya as well.
bullseye81: Voodoo what is the benefit of making a mod permanent by using DataPermMods over Temp? Just curious
I think the point is you can test things in the temp folder without having to remember exactly which files and folders you added on top of the mods you actually want to keep in the perm folder. You test the mod in the temp folder and if you don't like it you delete everything in there. But I guess in that case it doesn't matter which you make your temp and which the perm folder in practice. Maybe there's more to it.

Edit: perhaps content under temp also overrides perm so that you can test as if you have overwritten the files in perm for conflicting mods without actually destroying the files of the existing mod before trying to see which you prefer? That would make sense.
Post edited February 16, 2013 by Al3xand3r
correct, the overriding part as well.
Post edited February 16, 2013 by voodoo47
Voodoo. Where should I unzip the Windows DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)? Which directory?
DustFalcon1985: Voodoo. Where should I unzip the Windows DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)? Which directory?
The files you extract are temporary; extract them somewhere convenient then go into it and run dxsetup. You can delete it afterwards.
Tool problem -- I am definitely pointing the tool at my SS2 dir (C:\Program Files (x86)\GOGcom\System Shock 2) with shock2.exe, but the "next" button on the installer stays greyed out

edit: I re-installed to C:\GOGcom\System Shock 2 and it worked. I'm not a fan of installers that try to validate install locations, since they seem to often don't work. Maybe disable this check?
Post edited February 17, 2013 by sage
No, the check is there deliberately for a reason as it cant write to Program Files on Vista/Win 7
sage: Tool problem -- I am definitely pointing the tool at my SS2 dir (C:\Program Files (x86)\GOGcom\System Shock 2) with shock2.exe, but the "next" button on the installer stays greyed out

edit: I re-installed to C:\GOGcom\System Shock 2 and it worked. I'm not a fan of installers that try to validate install locations, since they seem to often don't work. Maybe disable this check?
Yeah, read the first post my friend:

!!! IMPORTANT !!!
-you will need the latest DirectX9 redist and VC++2008, the game will NOT run unless you have them installed.
-make sure the game is not installed in program files or windows if you are using vista or win7.
There you got it...
Post edited February 17, 2013 by Hellshaper
bullseye81: No, the check is there deliberately for a reason as it cant write to Program Files on Vista/Win 7
running that installer with admin privledges would solve that.
voodoo47: ok, ss2tool 5.0 is up.

EVERYBODY SHOULD REPATCH.
Uploading new versions of the zip file
Okay guys, here we go!

v1.1 is up, added SSTool v5.0 into it.

This is only really useful for people who have yet to get all mods, otherwise you're probably better off just getting the SStool manually to save bandwidth.

Downloads:
| [url=http://uploaded.net/file/cztdce9h]Uploaded.to | RapidGator

MD5: 0C24FCE9A6788E05598B78CC3372B568

As always, virus free :)