It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I think SS2Tools disabled the Multiplayer option for me. Is there a way to re-enable it?
dammets89: After clicking download for shtup with the google mirror link, it says it can't display the webpage
voodoo47: try again, all links are live, I've just verified.
I think it's a problem with my browser. When I click on the link and click download, it doesn't bring me anywhere
Vengeance64: I think SS2Tools disabled the Multiplayer option for me. Is there a way to re-enable it?
Yes, install again with multiplayer enabled.
Post edited February 14, 2013 by Marvin
Vengeance64: I think SS2Tools disabled the Multiplayer option for me. Is there a way to re-enable it?
Marvin: Yes, install again with multiplayer enabled.
Ah. That was it. Didn't even see that as an option. Thanks!
Marvin: Yes, install again with multiplayer enabled.
Vengeance64: Ah. That was it. Didn't even see that as an option. Thanks!
Ignoring the danger of sounding like a broken record here: Do not try multiplayer if this is the first time you play SS2.

voodoo, would you mind posting this in the sticky? I fear a lot of people think coop is the way to go without knowing the difference between this and Serious Sam.
Post edited February 14, 2013 by Marvin
done.
Wanted to add my thanks for this thread voodoo47, been a few minutes since anybody thanked you. :)

Great info!
Man, just wanted to thank you Voodoo for the help here and FANTASTIC post! Installed all of your links, thanks for reposting them and easy access along with awesome directions! Haven't played this since it first came out many years ago, can't wait to play through again with the help of your linked improvements!

THANK YOU!!
voodoo47: done.
Cool, tanks. Someone should tell GOG though ... is there a way other than the forum itself?
Thanks alot voodoo47 !
Here, have a hug : *hug*
a VERY important step added to the first post - before patching with ss2tool 4.8, delete DataPermanentMods folder and all five dml files (command2.mis.dml, earth.mis.dml, hydro1.mis.dml, hydro2.mis.dml, station.mis.dml) from your SS2 folder.

I strongly recommend EVERYBODY does this, as soon as possible.
Post edited February 14, 2013 by voodoo47
voodoo47: a VERY important step added to the first post - before patching with ss2tool 4.8, delete DataPermanentMods folder and all five dml files (command2.mis.dml, earth.mis.dml, hydro1.mis.dml, hydro2.mis.dml, station.mis.dml) from your SS2 folder.

I strongly recommend EVERYBODY does this, as soon as possible.
So, what if we already patched with ss2tool? Delete and repatch, or is just deleting them fine?
Post edited February 14, 2013 by ajallan
just deleting the files is fine. to clarify, it's not game breaking, but those files override their newer versions (which have their own folder now), and that causes some bugfixes not to activate.

I assume ss2tool 4.9 will do this automatically.
I created a zip with a large number of the graphical mods for system shock 2... gog won't let me post links. How many posts do I have to have before I can post a link?
I can't even install the ss2tool.
I've deleted the necessary folder and files, executed the exe file, but I can't actually click the install button or choose a directory. Seeing as I'm connected to the internet, what am I doing wrong?
Post edited February 14, 2013 by LightningBlade7