It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

remove the ; from ;d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay 640 480, this will activate the 640*480 hud. if that still wont work, post the contents of your cam_ext.cfg (the fist part of the file with the scaling option you are trying to edit would be enough).
voodoo47: make sure you are editing the file in the SS2 folder, NOT the one in docs. also make sure you are not running the game in the DX6 safemode (you shouldn't be, unless you have enabled it yourself).
Kenshiro3: Im doing that and its not working.. The hud isnt scaling.

I'm NOT using safe mode either
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. At the very least I know I'm not going mad.

I tried the HUD scaling with a fresh unmodified GoG.com install of the game and it behaved exactly the same. No scaling.
After clicking download for shtup with the google mirror link, it says it can't display the webpage
Thanks voodoo!
Great job!!
Maybe a good idea to link to the complemented version of Rebirth? IIRC that one had midwives that were closer to the originals.
That's the one in the first post, no need to relink.
Could someone make an GOG update patch that includes all of the files like ss2tool, SHTUP, and others? Saves the hassle of installing one patch at a time and trying not to screw up the order. I prefer to wait for a patch like that before playing SS2.
Oh one other thing, for people new to SS2 modding the FAQ could look like it's saying that you're only supposed to drop the actual files themselves in the DataPermMods folder ('they must NOT be inside their own folders'). Maybe you can explain that clearer, because for SCHMUP you do need to drop the snd folder in there and not the individual sound files.

Same for shtup, you don't have to go into each and every folder (bitmap, book, obj) to take the actual files out and dump those in the DataPermMods folder directly, but some people might think that you are you supposed to do that, based on what the FAQ currently says.

Unless I'm really behind on things and you actually do need to do that.
Post edited February 14, 2013 by povuholo
Remove the ; from in front of the line, and save.

Change from this:
;d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay 640 480

To this:
d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay 640 480

And the hud will scale.

At least it did for me.
Post edited February 14, 2013 by Dave3d
is the ss2tool link not working for anyone else?
dammets89: is the ss2tool link not working for anyone else?
Use the google docs mirror.
dammets89: is the ss2tool link not working for anyone else?
Run as Admin?

I think this just installs and updates the SS2 game, and thats it.
Dave3d: Remove the ; from in front of the line, and save.

Change from this:
;d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay 640 480

To this:

And the hud will scale.
Yup, the ; has been removed. It turns whatever is behind it into a comment and is ignored, similar to # does in other scripting languages.

The section of the cam_ext file that I'm editing is as follows:

; enable scaling of in-game 2D overlay (HUD), makes the things like current item/weapon text, or SS2
; HUD/panels, larger at resolutions of 1280x960 or higher with pixel perfect scaling (requires "use_d3d_display")
; NOTE: Enabling scaling may actually improve performance, especially at high resolutions.
;d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay 64
; alternatively a fixed 2D resolution can be defined, which is aspect ratio corrected and scaled up
; to the current resolution, without enforcing pixel perfectness (ie. filtering makes it a bit less crisp)

I'm not touching any other part of the cfg file other than to remove the ; from the beginning of the line.

I've tried it with various resolutions settings for resolution with zero change.
Are you editing the cam_ext.cfg in the "C:\GOG Games\System Shock 2" folder?
Or in the "C:\GOG Games\System Shock 2\doc" folder?
You should be editing the one in the main folder (first path).

Also, see this thread:
http://www.gog.com/forum/system_shock_2/game_textfonts_very_small_on_high_resolutions

Some people are having to re-comment that line, and add their own line:
d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay 960 600
Post edited February 14, 2013 by Dave3d
dammets89: After clicking download for shtup with the google mirror link, it says it can't display the webpage
try again, all links are live, I've just verified.