It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi guys. I had that crash too. I closed that AMD gaming evolved crap and now system shock runs just fine with default settings.

I use nvidia but had an AMD card in use recently so that's why the AMD thing was running, so I don't know if closing the thing will help an AMD user.

win7x64, nvidia
I've suffered from that crash too, but changing
fullscreen to "No",
VideoMode to 6 and
CustomWidth=1024
CustomHeight=768
fixed it.
maybe this'll help somone else

my rig:

OctalCore AMD FX-8320, 3700 MHz (18.5 x 200)
ASRock 990FX Killer (2 PCI-E x1, 3 PCI-E x16, 1 M.2, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)
2 x G Skill RipjawsX F3-14900CL9-4GBXL 4 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM
AMD Radeon R9 280X (Tahiti)

edit:

forgot to mention:
using Win 7 Ultimate

steam was running
AMD gaming evolved was running
Post edited September 25, 2015 by bombe_zwanzig
Mah, after two days of trial, i 've undestand that the enhanced version sometimes start well, sometimes crash, yesterday the same, at the end the only way I found is to click to start it and see if crash moving mouse or keyboard, its random......lol. Actually Im on level 3 at the Citadel...
looks like the metagame is more difficult than the game itself, although extremely boring
Post edited September 26, 2015 by svatem1
Could be useful an Exorcist....
Piita: Hi guys. I had that crash too. I closed that AMD gaming evolved crap and now system shock runs just fine with default settings.

I use nvidia but had an AMD card in use recently so that's why the AMD thing was running, so I don't know if closing the thing will help an AMD user.

win7x64, nvidia
This. THIS. I went to see if anyone had those crashes and this is the thing that workked for me. Thanks!

Also, look out for Raptr app or plays.tv client - Same app, different brands. I closed mine and SShock started working - for now, at least.

(Win7 x64, GTX 750)
Post edited September 26, 2015 by BlackChar
Hi guys, I had the same "SS has stopped working" problem in 64-bit Windows 7 and nothing seemed to help. I tried installing the new executable, removing Raptr and fiddling around with the ini file to no avail. I got an instant crash as soon as the Origin logo appeared.

Then I realized that my selected MIDI mapper was MT32 emulator. So I changed that to CoolSynth with GM soundfont, and presto! Now the enhanced edition seems to run smoothly and without crashes.

Because quite a few other retro gamers may also use MT32 emulation (or even have a real one plugged in), if you run into problems, be sure to check which midi mapper you have selected. It would be nice if future builds would check the active midi device on launch and let the user know whether s/he is using an unsupported device.
have you tried patch 1 which was posted on this forum thread or patch 2 from the sticky one?
w_w_w_.gog.com/forum/system_shock_series/currently_known_problems_and_solutions/page1

iareth: Hi guys, I had the same "SS has stopped working" problem in 64-bit Windows 7 and nothing seemed to help. I tried installing the new executable, removing Raptr and fiddling around with the ini file to no avail. I got an instant crash as soon as the Origin logo appeared.

Then I realized that my selected MIDI mapper was MT32 emulator. So I changed that to CoolSynth with GM soundfont, and presto! Now the enhanced edition seems to run smoothly and without crashes.

Because quite a few other retro gamers may also use MT32 emulation (or even have a real one plugged in), if you run into problems, be sure to check which midi mapper you have selected. It would be nice if future builds would check the active midi device on launch and let the user know whether s/he is using an unsupported device.
Post edited September 27, 2015 by svatem1
svatem1: have you tried patch 1 which was posted on this forum thread or patch 2 from the sticky one?
I tried the first one and now tested the second executable as well. If MT-32 emulator is used, it shuts down instantly without an error message. If MIDI out device is CoolSynth or Microsoft GS, everything works well.
ADorante: I had a hunch what could cause the crashes and finally could test it out: It is one of the USB peripherals - namely my Logitech G19 keyboard
The downlodable hotfix no.2 in posting #1 of
www.gog.com/forum/system_shock_series/currently_known_problems_and_solutions
does work for me now... I hope the real patch will work for all other people. THX
Post edited September 28, 2015 by ADorante
it seems to work for me as well
but since tons of ppl reported very different conditions on which their games crash, i can't be sure it's stable enough to consider it playable, i've tried playing it for 10 minutes so far, but i tend to not to believe they "are sure" about crashing bug being gone considering the way they were handling it from the start

ADorante: I had a hunch what could cause the crashes and finally could test it out: It is one of the USB peripherals - namely my Logitech G19 keyboard
ADorante: The downlodable hotfix no.2 in posting #1 of
www.gog.com/forum/system_shock_series/currently_known_problems_and_solutions
does work for me now... I hope the real patch will work for all other people. THX
Tried a couple of minutes ago, the hotfix and seems that the problems concerning the crash when hit the keyboard or move the mouse are expired.
Well, let's continue.
nello66: Tried a couple of minutes ago, the hotfix and seems that the problems concerning the crash when hit the keyboard or move the mouse are expired.
Well, let's continue.
Yep, working for me too now. Hooray! Thanks devs, and thanks everyone else who fed back which I'm sure helped them isolate and fix the fault quicker.
low rated
so you're sure they cought all possible ways the bug can manifest itself?
because if you read through the forum, for some it worked even before and e.g. crashed during reading 1st mail from Shodan etc. ..

nello66: Tried a couple of minutes ago, the hotfix and seems that the problems concerning the crash when hit the keyboard or move the mouse are expired.
Well, let's continue.
arisuchan: Yep, working for me too now. Hooray! Thanks devs, and thanks everyone else who fed back which I'm sure helped them isolate and fix the fault quicker.
if you are looking for certainty, you should be googling "death" and "taxes".

there is no such thing as (complex) software that has ALL bugs and issues fixed/removed upon release. any/all software will get released once its development reaches a stage where the test team agrees that it is mature enough to get released. and then, once it will be used by thousands, new bugs and problems will pop out. and they will get fixed, as soon as humanly possible. and then, some more will be found. and fixed again. etc etc. sometimes, a release is screwed up magnificently (arkham knight), but that is certainly not the case here.

you are simply not willing to accept reality. also, you are rude, annoying, and your arguments are bad. you should feel bad, think about yourself, and try to act like a decent human being next time.
Post edited September 29, 2015 by voodoo47