It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Azrapse: - A Thrustmaster joystick: Shows a constant strong drift in the main two axes in Unity. It works fine in other games like Elite: Dangerous.
Which model? I have a Thustmaster T.Flight Stick X and have not noticed this behavior in Unity (neither in other's nor in my own dabbling).
rkinkjr: Hey guys, take your time with the video. I think you guys are doing a tremendous job, and can not wait to play.

Oh forgot to mention. Was wondering with some of the rebel transports would you be able to replace the boxy looking ones with the ones they used in Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. I always thought those were really cool looking cargo ships and they did a nice job making them in XWA upgrade. I'm sorry I forget the actual name but I think they were called medium transports and had a white coloring. Something like that. Just for future later missions. Again just a suggestion
We have been talking about making a "lore accurate" version of X-Wing, where we would replace some ships with the ones that were actually used in the lore.
Not only GR-75 Medium transports would replace the bulk freighters for rebels.

Imperials should use:
- Arquitens cruisers instead of Nebulon-B frigates.
- Raider-class corvettes instead of CR-90 corellian corvettes. Or at least Gozanti-class assault transports.
- Sentinel-class shuttles instead of Stormtrooper transports (although the stormtrooper transport has appeared in some canon source, but its use is extremely rare).
- TIE Advenced Prototypes (TIE v1), or TIE Defenders (TIE x7), instead of multiples of Darth Vader's TIE x1.

Rebels should use:
- U-wings instead of stormtrooper transports or lambda-class shuttles (although it might make sense for them to use stolen shuttles now and then).
- GR-75 medium transports instead of bulk freighters.

However, all these changes would make the game feel quite different and break the balance of the original misisons.
So it is better to have this as a later, optional mod, instead of built-in.
bunik76: I have custom, selfmade, a very precise joystick, 8 axes, 50 buttons! can test if needed.
I think Unity can only handle up to 20 buttons per controller.
But sure, we will have a chance to test all of this once we release the demo.
Post edited April 25, 2017 by Azrapse
Mission Selection Screen implemented and international strings supported:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/xwvm/images/mission-selection-screen-in-german
bunik76: I have custom, selfmade, a very precise joystick, 8 axes, 50 buttons! can test if needed.
Azrapse: I think Unity can only handle up to 20 buttons per controller.
But sure, we will have a chance to test all of this once we release the demo.
Well, I think the hard limit in most old windows games is something like 32 buttons (the old directinput limit) but few single piece peripherals have that many that I know of.
Besides, most commercial controllers with that many buttons tend to have profile managers to get around those kind of limits so at least basic 20 button 4 axis controller functionality should already be a good start for most people (the thrustmaster T-16000m has 16 buttons for example).

I'd be really curious to know if any CH Products joysticks would be problematic like some of the Saitek and Thrustmaster mentioned above though, I don't think I have ever played a Unity-based game with mine yet.
Post edited April 26, 2017 by Det_Bullock
Just saw the newest video, very impressive Azrapse and team members. Well worth the wait :)
rkinkjr: Just saw the newest video, very impressive Azrapse and team members. Well worth the wait :)
Thanks!
This is the link: https://youtu.be/mKjkD6_PS7M
I love the updated and actually useful targeting mode on the MVD.
Hey couple of quick questions, will u be able to record missions to watch them when your done like in original game, and also will u be able to see different angles in your cockpit, example. if I wanted to look behind me and see my astromech droid's head?
rkinkjr: Just saw the newest video, very impressive Azrapse and team members. Well worth the wait :)
Azrapse: Thanks!
I'm impressed by the attention to detail displayed in the video. Shuttles stowing their wings when docking (something the original never did), the weather systems, and particularly the explosions.

I find the game to be overly chatty, though. One thing I like better in X-Wing versus TIE Fighter is that there isn't always someone talking at you. It would be nice to be able to control chattiness. The "Help me!" cues are useful, mind you.

Overall very, very nice, as usual!
rkinkjr: Hey couple of quick questions, will u be able to record missions to watch them when your done like in original game, and also will u be able to see different angles in your cockpit, example. if I wanted to look behind me and see my astromech droid's head?
The recording feature is something that I would really want to have as soon as I have time to implement it, because it could be very useful for bug reporting and debugging, that is something that we will go thru soon.

About turning your head around, definitely yes. As soon as we have the new cockpit interior, we will enable that feature.

Azrapse: Thanks!
JKing: I'm impressed by the attention to detail displayed in the video. Shuttles stowing their wings when docking (something the original never did), the weather systems, and particularly the explosions.

I find the game to be overly chatty, though. One thing I like better in X-Wing versus TIE Fighter is that there isn't always someone talking at you. It would be nice to be able to control chattiness. The "Help me!" cues are useful, mind you.

Thanks. Funny enough, we have some other people asking for more in flight chat. :D

But I find weird that you thought that it was less chatty in XvT. I found that game to be a cacophony of voices all the time spamming stuff like
"Message from mission critical craft: they are taking torpedo hits. Message from mission critical craft: their shields are out. Message from missiong critical craft: they hull is damaged. Message from mission critical craft: their hull is heavily damaged. Message from mission critical craft: they are about to be destroyed. Message from mission critical craft. They've been destroyed."
Like non-stop.
We had to lower the volume because it was too much.
Post edited April 30, 2017 by Azrapse
rkinkjr: Hey couple of quick questions, will u be able to record missions to watch them when your done like in original game, and also will u be able to see different angles in your cockpit, example. if I wanted to look behind me and see my astromech droid's head?
Azrapse: The recording feature is something that I would really want to have as soon as I have time to implement it, because it could be very useful for bug reporting and debugging, that is something that we will go thru soon.

About turning your head around, definitely yes. As soon as we have the new cockpit interior, we will enable that feature.

JKing: I'm impressed by the attention to detail displayed in the video. Shuttles stowing their wings when docking (something the original never did), the weather systems, and particularly the explosions.

Azrapse: Thanks. Funny enough, we have some other people asking for more in flight chat. :D

But I find weird that you thought that it was less chatty in XvT. I found that game to be a cacophony of voices all the time spamming stuff like
"Message from mission critical craft: they are taking torpedo hits. Message from mission critical craft: their shields are out. Message from missiong critical craft: they hull is damaged. Message from mission critical craft: their hull is heavily damaged. Message from mission critical craft: they are about to be destroyed. Message from mission critical craft. They've been destroyed."
Like non-stop.
God, I remember that sequence repeating verbatim in about ten second once or twice. :/
But still, comm chat doesn't disturb me as long as there is a variety of voices, both XvT and XWA had a few male and female voices for at least the basic comm soundbites.
Azrapse: The recording feature is something that I would really want to have as soon as I have time to implement it, because it could be very useful for bug reporting and debugging, that is something that we will go thru soon.

Azrapse: Thanks. Funny enough, we have some other people asking for more in flight chat. :D

Like non-stop.
Miscommunication: X-Wing as opposed to TIE Fighter, not XvT. :P

I've actually never played XvT, and barely played X-Wing Alliance. It was just too different for me to enjoy it.
Post edited April 30, 2017 by JKing
Starting to lay out the hull paneling (simple black lines here, but the finished version will be more subtle with the occasional panel picked out in a slightly different shade of grey, like the original model).
Attachments:
is this angle correct? in another picture, the shield emitters are vertical.
Attachments:
84d.jpeg (131 Kb)
52.jpg (389 Kb)
The shield generators stood upright on the Empire Strikes Back model (8 footer) - we decided to reference the ANH/RO model because that's the era that the game takes place in, and on those models the shield generators sit perpendicular to the bridge surface, which is what I've done here.

Otherwise I can tell you that the render that you're referencing isn't a very accurate representation of the 8 footer regardless. :)