It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Any new ship modeling progress?
rkinkjr: Any new ship modeling progress?
The elements of the Retro Death Star Surface are finished. Only the ones for the Trench are still missing.

Then there's a new Navbuoy I'm working on:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/xwvm/images/fekleyrtargs-x-wing-style-navigation-buoy#mediaform

Some more stuff is being done behind the scenes which we will reveal soon. :)
rkinkjr: Any new ship modeling progress?
FekLeyrTarg: The elements of the Retro Death Star Surface are finished. Only the ones for the Trench are still missing.

Then there's a new Navbuoy I'm working on:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/xwvm/images/fekleyrtargs-x-wing-style-navigation-buoy#mediaform

Some more stuff is being done behind the scenes which we will reveal soon. :)
Very cool, looking forward playing the trench run. Is it going to take up a lot of memory?
rkinkjr: Very cool, looking forward playing the trench run. Is it going to take up a lot of memory?
We can't tell at this moment, as work on developing the procedure to create the bare surface and trench has not started yet.
Hopefully, it won't take up a lot of money.
Hopefully it won't take up any money :P
MjrParts: Hopefully it won't take up any money :P
I hate typing on tablets.
MjrParts: Hopefully it won't take up any money :P
FekLeyrTarg: I hate typing on tablets.
Lol, I assumed u meant memory and not money. I hope this doesn't cost anything to produce. If so I would help donate if I could.
Some recent WIP on the corvette - I'm fairly happy with the overall shapes, I'm just circling around on the details now.
Attachments:
stonky: Some recent WIP on the corvette - I'm fairly happy with the overall shapes, I'm just circling around on the details now.
so detailed. Nice work
So just curious. Have any of you seen Solo yet? I have a couple times and fairly enjoyed it. I think it's a lot better than The Last Jedi. I think the spin off movies are doing better than the trilogy. I hate to say but I'm unhappy with the direction it's going. Any thoughts?
rkinkjr: So just curious. Have any of you seen Solo yet? I have a couple times and fairly enjoyed it. I think it's a lot better than The Last Jedi. I think the spin off movies are doing better than the trilogy. I hate to say but I'm unhappy with the direction it's going. Any thoughts?
Personally while I liked Rogue One a lot I preferred The Last Jedi, if anything because it reminded me a lot of KOTOR 2 in asking the hard questions about the good guys and what they fight for, contextualized in the new canon of course (which has a lot less of the contradictions the old had about the nature of the Jedi) adn addressing the weight of the myth-like reputation the heroes of the piece tend to achieve further developing the seeds planted in The Force Awakens (which is very well done for what it is).
I still think that making the political context a bit less nebulous in the movies would be better (in the novel Bloodlines it's actually explained much better), but otherwise I'm quite happy with what they're doing in movies, books and comics. Less about the videogames, but most people over 40 probably wouldn't have known what they were dealing with in giving the franchise to EA.
Unfortunately my job kept me from seeing Solo and I'll probably have to wait until there is some sort of home release.
Hi all. I know it's still a working progress but I'd like to thank the XWVM team for bringing back this classic. The nastalgia will bring back so many memories playing this in the past. Once this is officially released, the original X wing Classic players will be in awe as I know I will. I know this probably has been briefly talked about in the past, and I know you guys plan on making this as original as it first came out. But I was wondering, this is just a suggestion. Is there any chance an update will be made using Rogue One ships both, Alliance and Imperial? And also the rebel cargo transports in Empire Strikes Back to be replaced with the boxy looking transports for the Rebellion? The neutrals and the Empire can use the boxy transports. All sides can use the troop transports in X wing Classic uses now, but still implant the Imperial and Republic troop transports they use in Rogue One as well for other missions. The classic troop transports look better when they dock on ships to board. I believe this topic has been briefly mentioned. Also, will adding in these new ships interfere with their programmed commands? Apologize for not knowing names of actuall ships. Don't have research in front of me. Sorry for rambling, just curious as to what the future holds.
rkinkjr: Hi all. I know it's still a working progress but I'd like to thank the XWVM team for bringing back this classic. The nastalgia will bring back so many memories playing this in the past. Once this is officially released, the original X wing Classic players will be in awe as I know I will. I know this probably has been briefly talked about in the past, and I know you guys plan on making this as original as it first came out. But I was wondering, this is just a suggestion. Is there any chance an update will be made using Rogue One ships both, Alliance and Imperial? And also the rebel cargo transports in Empire Strikes Back to be replaced with the boxy looking transports for the Rebellion? The neutrals and the Empire can use the boxy transports. All sides can use the troop transports in X wing Classic uses now, but still implant the Imperial and Republic troop transports they use in Rogue One as well for other missions. The classic troop transports look better when they dock on ships to board. I believe this topic has been briefly mentioned. Also, will adding in these new ships interfere with their programmed commands? Apologize for not knowing names of actuall ships. Don't have research in front of me. Sorry for rambling, just curious as to what the future holds.
They plan to have mod support so people can add what they please but otherwise they are sticking as close to the original games as possible.
Post edited June 23, 2018 by Det_Bullock
See attached, modelling work on the corvette nears completion.
Attachments:
A couple of tracks from the X-Wing soundtrack:

https://soundcloud.com/laserschwert/sets/x-wing