It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Here you go, YMMV. Let me know if you have any issues. http://www.filedropper.com/launchwithwinmm

Usage:

Place BOTH the LaunchWithWinMM.exe file and oggwinmm.dll inside the game directory. Remove winmm.dll from the game directory if it exists!

From a command prompt or batch file: LaunchWithWinMM.exe "NameOfGameExe"

Eg, LaunchWithWinMM.exe HEROES2W.EXE

You will need the VC++ redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, available here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Note: This oggwinmm.dll is based on the publicly available ogg-winmm library on GitHub. If GOG has distributed modified versions for some games, my version may not work at all for that game. I've tested my version with both HoMM2 and X-Wing 98, both seem fine.
moranms: Here you go, YMMV. Let me know if you have any issues. http://www.filedropper.com/launchwithwinmm

Usage:

Place BOTH the LaunchWithWinMM.exe file and oggwinmm.dll inside the game directory. Remove winmm.dll from the game directory if it exists!

From a command prompt or batch file: LaunchWithWinMM.exe "NameOfGameExe"

Eg, LaunchWithWinMM.exe HEROES2W.EXE

You will need the VC++ redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, available here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Note: This oggwinmm.dll is based on the publicly available ogg-winmm library on GitHub. If GOG has distributed modified versions for some games, my version may not work at all for that game. I've tested my version with both HoMM2 and X-Wing 98, both seem fine.
Nice. Sounds pretty complicated though. I may give it a shot sometime. Any way we could use this to shove the older music into the 98 game?
The people at GOG have totally fixed the problem. Just re download the three games. You keep your pilots and everything works perfectly.
Can someone upload the new dll, I have rainbow 6 which have the same problem but the dll have not been updated ?
(I have the uplay version which came with hbbundle, it seems to be the same as the gog version)

Thanks
jdlewis77: Has anyone managed to get X-Wing 98 or Tie Fighter 98 working on Windows 10 as yet? So far I have only had success with the old DOS versions with which I am unable to adjust joystick sensitivity. So far I have tried all available compatibility settings (pretty much everything else has worked in the Windows 7 compatibility mode - some better than in Windows 7 native) and what happens in every case is that the program starts as a background task and I can not alt+tab over to it or force it into the foreground. I have been unable to find a configuration file I could edit or check settings.

Any suggestions?
GOG fixed this problem. Just re download the game from your account page and re install it from that download.

Oh I already posted this in here my mistake.

Choum I am not sure about Rainbow8 If it is a gog game just contact the support and they will get back to you with a solution or a fix. They may have already fixed it. If so just redownload it.
Post edited September 08, 2015 by samtheweebo
jdlewis77: Has anyone managed to get X-Wing 98 or Tie Fighter 98 working on Windows 10 as yet? So far I have only had success with the old DOS versions with which I am unable to adjust joystick sensitivity. So far I have tried all available compatibility settings (pretty much everything else has worked in the Windows 7 compatibility mode - some better than in Windows 7 native) and what happens in every case is that the program starts as a background task and I can not alt+tab over to it or force it into the foreground. I have been unable to find a configuration file I could edit or check settings.

Any suggestions?
samtheweebo: GOG fixed this problem. Just re download the game from your account page and re install it from that download.

Oh I already posted this in here my mistake.

Choum I am not sure about Rainbow8 If it is a gog game just contact the support and they will get back to you with a solution or a fix. They may have already fixed it. If so just redownload it.
The version came from Uplay not gog sadly, this is why I want to test if this dll could fix the game.
BTW on the rainbow 6 forum, the problem seems still present :(
If you don't want to redownload the whole game, you can get the fixed dll from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/s5lypg970azzdmp/fixed_winmm_win10.zip
Guys, thanks for the tips! Here it worked both X-Wing and the Tie Fighter replacing winmm.dll file with the original Windows 10. I did not need to rename it. It is a tip for those who are still having problems.
Here's my issue:
The program opens, I hear the sound, but all I get is a white screen. Any suggestions?
I have Windows 10 with latest updates (October 21, 16) and I can't get:

-Journeyman 3
-Longest Journey
-Syberia 2
-Phantasmagoria (it only shows up as a very small window (640x480 problem???)

Grrr............I was worried this might happen. If Windows 10 makes them obsolete then I can't buy anymore old great games...........

:-(((