It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Does this support the XBOX 360 controller? I could have sworn the original game had controller support in addition to joystick support, but I cannot get the game to recognize my controller. Anyone have any luck?
I've just completed the game using my Playstation 4 controller, which is emulating an Xbox 360 controller in windows.

Have you selected "Joystick Enabled" in Joystick Settings and mapped all of the buttons? It isn't done automatically
Chazza101: I've just completed the game using my Playstation 4 controller, which is emulating an Xbox 360 controller in windows.

Have you selected "Joystick Enabled" in Joystick Settings and mapped all of the buttons? It isn't done automatically
Yup - the first thing I did. I also pulled out my old joystick, and restarted the game with it instead. No luck.

Well, when in doubt, power out..
Hmmm odd, mine worked first time after configuration. Even without configuration, pressing the "X" button ("A" on XBOX) would skip the game's intro cutscenes and progress through menus.

Is the controller definitely setup correctly in windows?
Chazza101: Hmmm odd, mine worked first time after configuration. Even without configuration, pressing the "X" button ("A" on XBOX) would skip the game's intro cutscenes and progress through menus.

I'm getting "Joystick not detected" any time I try and enable the joystick settings. Trying to use an Xbox 360 controller as well (it's working perfectly with everything else).
Chazza101: Hmmm odd, mine worked first time after configuration. Even without configuration, pressing the "X" button ("A" on XBOX) would skip the game's intro cutscenes and progress through menus.

Laserhead: I'm getting "Joystick not detected" any time I try and enable the joystick settings. Trying to use an Xbox 360 controller as well (it's working perfectly with everything else).
I'm getting exactly that issue as well -- "Joystick not detected" with a 360 controller connected.
Wireless 360 controller works well.
Im still having trouble with setting xbox360 wired gamepad.

When i initially sarted it did not recognise triggers at all.
I got it fixed by adding game to steam library and then running it from there (but LB and RB stopped working).
None of XABY buttons react ingame even if i assigned them in menu.
Basicly i just can drive around the track with my analog stick and thats it.

Please advise how to configure it properly, i mean of course i can play it on keyboard but i wanted to rediscover this game on a gamepad.

Thanks for replies :)
Chazza101: I've just completed the game using my Playstation 4 controller, which is emulating an Xbox 360 controller in windows.

It won't let me assign the buttons at all.
The 360 controlleer works with other games - at least when connected to steam. also, its a wired controller, not a wireless one.

hewhocaves: It won't let me assign the buttons at all.
The 360 controlleer works with other games - at least when connected to steam. also, its a wired controller, not a wireless one.
Yep, I've managed to get my wireless controller working without issue, but still can't get the wired one to work. Interesting as the problem is usually the other way around!
hewhocaves: It won't let me assign the buttons at all.
Laserhead: Yep, I've managed to get my wireless controller working without issue, but still can't get the wired one to work. Interesting as the problem is usually the other way around!
Yeah, I tried the wireless one as well, figuring what the heck, if it works...

it didn't work. I can browse steam with it. I can play the Long Dark with it, but not Ep1 Racer. :/
Laserhead: Yep, I've managed to get my wireless controller working without issue, but still can't get the wired one to work. Interesting as the problem is usually the other way around!
hewhocaves: Yeah, I tried the wireless one as well, figuring what the heck, if it works...

it didn't work. I can browse steam with it. I can play the Long Dark with it, but not Ep1 Racer. :/
I'm having the same 'no joystick detected' trouble with both the Xbox One Elite (wireless and wired) controller, and the regular official PS4 controller (wired of course), does anybody have a suggestion on what to try?
Bump!

Same problem, anyone found any fixes?
Same issue. I have tried several controllers now that the game will start. None of my controllers work. I tried bluetooth wired and wireless. Itr is sooooooo damn sad all the issues with this game.
I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and have no problem in Windows 10. I did have to take the time to set up the controls the way I like them, which you had to do in the original game years ago, and it does not detect it as a force feedback controller though, so no vibration.