It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I am a complete noob at this game, and I'm a little confused as to how one is meant to clear that enormous jump on the Malastare 100 circuit.

The game doesn't have much in the way of a tutorial so don't really know how the noese up/down mechanic works, but I think I have nose up mapped to Left stick down - but for some reason left stick up appears to boost me instead of putting my nose up.
EggManStudio: I am a complete noob at this game, and I'm a little confused as to how one is meant to clear that enormous jump on the Malastare 100 circuit.

The game doesn't have much in the way of a tutorial so don't really know how the noese up/down mechanic works, but I think I have nose up mapped to Left stick down - but for some reason left stick up appears to boost me instead of putting my nose up.
Here is a helpful guide explaining the basic controls of this game a little more in-depth:

https://www.speedrun.com/swe1r/guide/1ic60

Hope this helps!
Post edited October 15, 2018 by Renegawd
You probably have to combine a boost with tipping upwards, it's been a few years now; so I could be wrong.