It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've fiddled with the fixes mentioned in this thread for JKII but still the same problem crops up. There's a black screen with only the HUD and crosshairs showing once gameplay begins at any resolution other than the lowest setting. Are there any fixes for this? Thanks in advance. :)
Post edited January 09, 2020 by Mathius
Mathius: I've fiddled with the fixes mentioned in this thread for JKII but still the same problem crops up. There's a black screen with only the HUD and crosshairs showing once gameplay begins at any resolution other than the lowest setting. Are there any fixes for this? Thanks in advance. :)
Same here, sort of. I can play in any mode that isn't 3D Accelerated, but I get a black screen with the HUD and crosshair in any 3D Accelerated mode
Mathius: I've fiddled with the fixes mentioned in this thread for JKII but still the same problem crops up. There's a black screen with only the HUD and crosshairs showing once gameplay begins at any resolution other than the lowest setting. Are there any fixes for this? Thanks in advance. :)
There is dgVoodoo but it doesn't work well. If it does work there's a hard limit of 30 fps in Jedi Knight using it. In my humble opinion GOG should remove Jedi Knight from the store until there's a fix or patch that fixes both of those things.
Post edited October 24, 2020 by klappis
I get an error when I try to start a new game. It said something about a video error and it boots me back to the menu
Xx_SocialReject_xX: I get an error when I try to start a new game. It said something about a video error and it boots me back to the menu
And what might that "an" error be?
Usually it gives you a hint what going wrong.

I'm running Jedi Knight with dgVoodoo, works like a charm.
The only thing I wished for is that the on screen interface could be zoomed to match high resolutions. As it is, it actually is better running it in 800x600, then scaling it.
Anyone have the patches from original post? The links are dead. I tried to run Gog version with dgVoodoo 2 but I hardly hace succeded as every esolution greater than 640x480 results in black screen and lower resolutions have bad aspect ratio.
Xx_SocialReject_xX: I get an error when I try to start a new game. It said something about a video error and it boots me back to the menu
neumi5694: I'm running Jedi Knight with dgVoodoo, works like a charm.
But You mean the exact gog version, right? Can You help me with setting up dgVoodoo for this?
Post edited March 26, 2023 by ancanar
I am starting to get some results but still not there. The hardware acceleration seems to be working but something is off with aspect ratio. No matter what i do the game does not seem to "fill" whole 4:3 screen - look at the HUD in attached image.
Attachments:
jbgog.png (235 Kb)
Post edited March 27, 2023 by ancanar
Now i am baffled cause i reinsatleld the game from the scratch and without dgVoodoo on software acceleration I have exactly THE SAME issue... also checked on old PC with win7 and while there the hardware acc. works without dgVooDoo the same problem occurs in each mode.
Attachments:
srsjbgog.png (164 Kb)
ancanar: But You mean the exact gog version, right? Can You help me with setting up dgVoodoo for this?
Yes and ... maybe.
What you see here is a ingame setting. Change the viewsize ingame.
Post edited March 27, 2023 by neumi5694
ancanar: But You mean the exact gog version, right? Can You help me with setting up dgVoodoo for this?
neumi5694: Yes and ... maybe. Don't know what problem you have.
Please check my later posts with screencaps :)
edited
neumi5694: edited
Thank You. When I set it to almost max but not max it fills the screen and still shows HUD. Do You maybe also know where to get those patches that fix music on Win10? Links I found on forum are dead
ancanar: Thank You. When I set it to almost max but not max it fills the screen and still shows HUD. Do You maybe also know where to get those patches that fix music on Win10? Links I found on forum are dead
Until now I had no idea that the music was broken. I have no issues on Windows 11. Also never had any when I was playing on Windows 10.
Post edited March 27, 2023 by neumi5694
Over 5 years and still can't get any of this working in Windows 7 or 10.
You can try OpenJDK project:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AcTHXhd1Ms

https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/OpenJKDF2

Download here:
https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/OpenJKDF2/releases

(↓ Scroll to the bottom for ZIP download links. ↓)
Look under Assets. Normally they I hidden, so you need to click so it shows the packaged zip files for Windows, Mac etc.

Install instructions:

Running

Windows: Extract the distribution zip so that openjkdf2-64.exe is in the same directory as JK.EXE, then run openjkdf2-64.exe.
MacOS: Copy OpenJKDF2.app into your Applications folder and run it. You may need to right click -> Open to get around Gatekeeper.
Linux: Install via Flathub, or compile and copy openjkdf2 into the same directory as JK.EXE and run.

If game assets are missing, an install prompt will show on startup and ask for either:

An existing GOG/Steam/original installation
An original Disk 1, followed by Disk 2

To transfer saves, enter the main menu and select Expansions & Mods, then click Open Resource Folder. A window will open where you can copy your old player folder to. You can also install any mods to mods/ and episodes/.

- - - - - - -

Oh and on interesting information for everybody, who loves this game.

Here is a German guy, who tries to remake the whole game in modern Unreal Engine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfHzFlifiOE