It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I just bought this game and it doesnt seem to work.

I use Win 10 64 version.

The sound doesnt work right and when it loads the first level it's all black.

Is there something I can do to fix this?
jnisbet: Alternately (especially if that doesn't help), you can download and import a registry file (read the instructions in a text editor first, though).
Dead link.

(I realize I could just rename it, but I’m updating the PCGamingWiki.)
SirYodaJedi: Dead link.

Thanks. I've replaced the link in my posts and on the PCGamingWiki page.
geeseh: Hi,

I just bought this game and it doesnt seem to work.

I use Win 10 64 version.

The sound doesnt work right and when it loads the first level it's all black.

Is there something I can do to fix this?
No there's nothing unfortunately.
SirYodaJedi: Dead link.

jnisbet: Thanks. I've replaced the link in my posts and on the PCGamingWiki page.
Tried with the Voodoo2 fix etc. from the wiki, doesn't work in the slightest.
I have an odd problem when running the game in 1920*1080. Theres really bad mouse stutter and fps drops on the main menu and going into settings, the entire background is distorted and glitched out.
Has anyone got an idea of what to do? I've installed the unofficial patch which unfortunately hasn't made a difference.
I don't remember Jedi 2 being so choppy and having such bad framerates. I don't get more than 25 fps. What is dgVoodoo doesn't work properly.
jnisbet: Here's how to get Jedi Knight working in 64-bit Windows 10 with 3D acceleration, mod support AND music:

1. Extract this pre-patched JK Unofficial Patch to your game folder. This improves compatibility with modern Windows and is needed for some mods and fixes to work.

2. Download the dgVoodoo 2 wrapper from the official site and extract it somewhere. Copy dgVoodooCpl.exe to your game folder. Copy DDraw.dll and D3DImm.dll from the MS folder to your game folder. Run dgVoodooCpl.exe from your game folder and de-select the "dgVoodoo 2 watermark" option.
Works almost perfectly, but menu colors are wrong. Any idea how to fix this?
Pherim: Works almost perfectly, but menu colors are wrong. Any idea how to fix this?
Oh, hey, Pherim. I'm Osprey. I was just replying to your Steam post and was going to copy and paste the link to my setup guide here, but you obviously found it, yourself. Haha.

I would try:
* Downloading the old v2.54 of dgVoodoo 2, since that's the version that I tested on. Newer versions sometimes break games.
* Changing the compatibility mode to 16-bit reduced color
* Changing the compatibility mode to Windows 7.
* Running the game with the -displayconfig parameter and fiddling with the game's advanced graphics settings.
Post edited May 10, 2019 by jnisbet
Pherim: Works almost perfectly, but menu colors are wrong. Any idea how to fix this?
jnisbet: Oh, hey, Pherim. I'm Osprey. I was just replying to your Steam post and was going to copy and paste the link to my setup guide here, but you obviously found it, yourself. Haha.

I would try:
* Downloading the old v2.54 of dgVoodoo 2, since that's the version that I tested on. Newer versions sometimes break games.
* Running the game with the -displayconfig parameter and fiddling with the game's advanced graphics settings.
Thank you! Unfortunately, none of these suggestions had any effect (I'm on Windows 7, by the way). I guess it's still playable, the only problems are the Objectives and Jedi Powers menus being hard to read.
jnisbet: Oh, hey, Pherim. I'm Osprey. I was just replying to your Steam post and was going to copy and paste the link to my setup guide here, but you obviously found it, yourself. Haha.

I would try:
Pherim: Thank you! Unfortunately, none of these suggestions had any effect (I'm on Windows 7, by the way). I guess it's still playable, the only problems are the Objectives and Jedi Powers menus being hard to read.
Can you post a screenshot?
Pherim: Thank you! Unfortunately, none of these suggestions had any effect (I'm on Windows 7, by the way). I guess it's still playable, the only problems are the Objectives and Jedi Powers menus being hard to read.
teleguy: Can you post a screenshot?
Yes, see attachments.
Attachments:
Does this also happen in the main menu?
I was able to reproduce the issue.
Looks like it's caused by overriding the resolution in the cpl.

https://abload.de/img/jk_2019_0567k6q.png
https://abload.de/img/jk_2019_05_14_21_03_07bjkd.jpg
Post edited May 14, 2019 by teleguy
teleguy: I was able to reproduce the issue.
Looks like it's caused by overriding the resolution in the cpl.
You are right... setting the resolution to "Unforced" solved the issue. Thank you! I forced the resolution because that allowed me to have a large enough HUD while still playing in my desktop resolution (1080p). Setting the resolution to 1080p directly in the game results in a really tiny HUD, but with the resolution forced through dgvoodoo2 I could change the resolution in the game to something much smaller to get the larger HUD, while keeping the high resolution in the game itself.

Anyway, I guess I'll be playing in 640x480 now, unless you know of a way to increase the HUD size. It's more authentic like this, anyway. ;) In high resolutions, the textures and models may actually look worse.

Edit: Looks like JkGfxMod has HUD scaling. I'm going to try that!
Post edited May 22, 2019 by Pherim