It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mazewaliztli: I have windows 10, I have try to play star wars jedi knight dark forces 2, I click it, but nothing happens, however the aplication appear in the task manager, I have try everthing and still can't play it, any help here please?
That's probably the same issue as with the X-Wing/Tie Fighter games. Someone said GOG fixed it so try redownloading the game.

https://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_xwing_and_tie_fighter_series/working_with_windows_10
Downloaded this and the music fix and while everything works great, there's this weird icon in the lower right of the screen now that partly obscures the weapon display. It's a gray square with two arrows forming a circle. Any idea how to get rid of it?
This is all great stuff. Only problem I'm having at this point is that there's no music in MotS. I made sure to install the movies when doing the 64 bit installation, and while the movies are there, there's no music during the game. Any ideas?
mazewaliztli: I have windows 10, I have try to play star wars jedi knight dark forces 2, I click it, but nothing happens, however the aplication appear in the task manager, I have try everthing and still can't play it, any help here please?
re-download the games... win 10 changed the wnmm layer so they had to create a new one for the games so CD music works. with the old the game will just hang/crash without telling you why (Happens because the old layer can't find what it needs in the OS)
Capncorky: This is all great stuff. Only problem I'm having at this point is that there's no music in MotS. I made sure to install the movies when doing the 64 bit installation, and while the movies are there, there's no music during the game. Any ideas?
winmm.dll controls the cd music (Which should be in a folder named MUSIC).. if the folder is there and contians the music files... copy the winmm.dll file from the jedi knight install into the MOTS install. winmm.dll should be in the root MOTS and jedi knight folders
Post edited October 23, 2015 by medievil1
TheGunheart: Downloaded this and the music fix and while everything works great, there's this weird icon in the lower right of the screen now that partly obscures the weapon display. It's a gray square with two arrows forming a circle. Any idea how to get rid of it?
Did you use the Steam music restoration patch by any chance?

You don't use that one on the GoG version; it has the music already

If you did, restore the unpatched exe (the exe file but renamed to .org, rename it back to .exe) or just redownload the GoG version

winmm.dll controls the cd music (Which should be in a folder named MUSIC).. if the folder is there and contians the music files... copy the winmm.dll file from the jedi knight install into the MOTS install. winmm.dll should be in the root MOTS and jedi knight folders
hmm, the folder isn't there. I also checked my install of the Steam version, and I couldn't find the folder or file. I do have the CD version of both Jedi Knight & MotS, would it be on there?
I'm on step 2 and currently trying to use the alternate installers. Every time I check the box to install the cutscene videos the installer asks me to insert Disc 2. I already mounted Disk 1 and 2 of the game and they show up in my windows explorer directory, yet the installer keeps asking me to insert disc 2. Clicking OK doesn't do anything. I'm running windows 7, any help would be greatly appreciated.

*EDIT: I fixed my issue, I just had to update the Daemon Tools program and mount disc 2 before 1 while using the installer.
Post edited October 31, 2015 by rockraider2530
TheGunheart: Downloaded this and the music fix and while everything works great, there's this weird icon in the lower right of the screen now that partly obscures the weapon display. It's a gray square with two arrows forming a circle. Any idea how to get rid of it?
Tarvis: Did you use the Steam music restoration patch by any chance?

You don't use that one on the GoG version; it has the music already

If you did, restore the unpatched exe (the exe file but renamed to .org, rename it back to .exe) or just redownload the GoG version
Turned out to be I had Shadowplay running and I'd never seen the icon before.

Capncorky: hmm, the folder isn't there. I also checked my install of the Steam version, and I couldn't find the folder or file. I do have the CD version of both Jedi Knight & MotS, would it be on there?
.. no, but you can create it with the disk... just use something to rip the music tracks in ogg format.. name them track02.ogg, track03.ogg, etc, put them in the MUSIC folder(Create it) in the root of the MOTS folder... copy the winmm.dll from JK GOG release and you should be good to go.. MY GOG MOTS install has the music folder and files BTW...I don't think steam ever had music for theirs..
Capncorky: hmm, the folder isn't there. I also checked my install of the Steam version, and I couldn't find the folder or file. I do have the CD version of both Jedi Knight & MotS, would it be on there?
medievil1: .. no, but you can create it with the disk... just use something to rip the music tracks in ogg format.. name them track02.ogg, track03.ogg, etc, put them in the MUSIC folder(Create it) in the root of the MOTS folder... copy the winmm.dll from JK GOG release and you should be good to go.. MY GOG MOTS install has the music folder and files BTW...I don't think steam ever had music for theirs..
I am having this same problem with Jedi Knight. I copied the music folder from the GOG version over to the patched version of the game, and I also copied the music fix for the GOG version with the winmm.dll file from there. There is still no music in the game though.

Here is a link to the music fix I used for the GOG version I used:

http://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_dark_forces_series/jk_updated_cd_music_player_dll_fix_volume_looping_etc/page1

And then I also have an attached image of what my game directory currently looks like.
Attachments:
files.jpg (135 Kb)
Post edited November 01, 2015 by rockraider2530
medievil1: .. no, but you can create it with the disk... just use something to rip the music tracks in ogg format.. name them track02.ogg, track03.ogg, etc, put them in the MUSIC folder(Create it) in the root of the MOTS folder... copy the winmm.dll from JK GOG release and you should be good to go.. MY GOG MOTS install has the music folder and files BTW...I don't think steam ever had music for theirs..
rockraider2530: I am having this same problem with Jedi Knight. I copied the music folder from the GOG version over to the patched version of the game, and I also copied the music fix for the GOG version with the winmm.dll file from there. There is still no music in the game though.

http://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_dark_forces_series/jk_updated_cd_music_player_dll_fix_volume_looping_etc/page1

And then I also have an attached image of what my game directory currently looks like.
likely the wrong winmm.dll try this one (right click save as and change the ext to .dll)
oh and depends on OS too.. that winmm is for Win10, the previous winmm for JK/MTOS will not work with win 10 because they changed things and gog re-released the games. The Fix in the thread you pointed to would not work on win 10
Attachments:
winmm.jpg (65 Kb)
Post edited November 02, 2015 by medievil1
rockraider2530: I am having this same problem with Jedi Knight. I copied the music folder from the GOG version over to the patched version of the game, and I also copied the music fix for the GOG version with the winmm.dll file from there. There is still no music in the game though.

medievil1: likely the wrong winmm.dll try this one (right click save as and change the ext to .dll)
oh and depends on OS too.. that winmm is for Win10, the previous winmm for JK/MTOS will not work with win 10 because they changed things and gog re-released the games. The Fix in the thread you pointed to would not work on win 10
Thanks man, worked like a charm for both games!
medievil1: likely the wrong winmm.dll try this one (right click save as and change the ext to .dll)
rockraider2530: Thanks man, worked like a charm for both games!
good to hear!
So, anyone figured how to maintain aspect ration on 16:9 monitors with dgvoodoo so image is not stretched? And how to get smooth 60 fps, because its wonky for me right now (like 30 or lower)..
Post edited November 22, 2015 by KainXVIII
KainXVIII: So, anyone figured how to maintain aspect ration on 16:9 monitors with dgvoodoo so image is not stretched? And how to get smooth 60 fps, because its wonky for me right now (like 30 or lower)..
Nvidia
Select "Unspecified" as scaling method in dgVoodooSetup and force the correct aspect ratio from the Nvidia Controlpanel

AMD/Intel
Not possible (at least for now)