It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finally, SimCity 3000 has arrived on GOG but it seems that the game has a bug. Whenever a menu/window is open the game stutters and slows really down. When I close them it goes back to normal. It is a bit disapointing because you use menus more or less all the time.
Can anyone else confirm that? I'm using Win7 Professional.
There are compatibility fixes for SimCity 3000 abd SimCity 3000 Unlimited. One of the fixes is for the slowdown with the user interface.
Sadly, the fix didn't work. I installed it manually but the bug still occurs.
I'm having something very similar.

I actually get it during the main menu and actual gameplay even without a menu
How can one tell if the SimCity 3000 compatibility patch worked? When I run the batch file it just quickly shows a command prompt then it disappears. But when I try to run the game in a window using the -w parameter it's still fullscreen. I'm running Win7.
When you look into the readme file you can find a step by step instruction to manually install the fix. This is how I did it because I had the very fast second command window, too.
But it didn't work for me.

I have opened a support ticket so GOG hopefully looks into the case too and can help us.
Lesser: When you look into the readme file you can find a step by step instruction to manually install the fix. This is how I did it because I had the very fast second command window, too.
But it didn't work for me.

I have opened a support ticket so GOG hopefully looks into the case too and can help us.
Yeah, it doesn't look like the compatibility patch is working for me either. The menus are still very slow and I can't get windowed mode to work.
are you guys running windows 8 or higher?
I'm running SC3000 on Win7. But I'm still trying to figure out how to fix the slow menu problem and why the "-w" command will not enable windowed mode.
Also Windows 7. The fix is labeled as Win 8 and higher (but it might have been the solution so I tried it).
Post edited July 17, 2016 by Lesser
what video cards?
NVIDIA GTX 470
Small update: I was able to improve the performance while windows are open a tiny bit. I lowered the resolution and it seems it became a little bit faster. Cars and people moved a bit faster and I was able to choose a city faster in the city load menu.
So it could be the graphics card or the processor maybe (multicore) that cause trouble.
Lesser: Small update: I was able to improve the performance while windows are open a tiny bit. I lowered the resolution and it seems it became a little bit faster. Cars and people moved a bit faster and I was able to choose a city faster in the city load menu.
So it could be the graphics card or the processor maybe (multicore) that cause trouble.
I am using win 7 on a multicore system here too (though my vid card is an aging AMD) but experience no stutter at all.
I know why the compat fixes from the pcgaming wiki does not work.

Compat fixes that it uses for win 8, do not exist in windows 7 as far as I can tell, I am going to do some research...