It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If not WHY THE F'K ARE THEY STILL SELLING IT? I made an entire account because the only possible solution doesn't work using DXWnd as the game doesn't recognize it and the buttons are all different compared to the posters post and I have to do the good citizen deed and let people know since everyone else has rocks in their ears.

It seems since 2016 Gog has stopped expanding. Their haydays were 2011 thru 2014 and now they are pretty much stagnant. They have yet to even put up a lot of older racing titles such as Need For Speed or Test Drive.etc back when there was more users that were old enough to remember those games.

What a sad state GOG has become. Everyone thinks their game problem is unique to their platform (not launching,issues.etc) but from collective gathering this site seems to be the problem compared to it's hayday of 2011 thru 2014 when this site was bigger every year.

Did you know there is a competitor site that makes their installers 64 bit compatible and have more titles then GOG including DOS games? I got something called Freaky Fuzzballs there once several years ago but they didn't have much then so wasn't intrigued but now they have a lot more especially of the games and type of software I grew up on. They have more categories then this place. I am not sure about posting links on this site.

BTW: How come the non unlimited version doesn't have this? I downloaded it off of Internet Archive and it doesn't seem to have the insane mouse speed issue. You just don't have all the cool extras but at least the game is playable. There are 2 versions one with a virus that says so in the comments and one without.
Post edited January 30, 2020 by SortingHat.com
SortingHat.com: (...)
So, your account profile shows zero games owned... how did you come by SC3K from GOG again?
Fixed mouse problems and map scrolling speed using DxWnd.
It's rather upsetting that they sell the game in this broken state, indeed. But I prefer the way GOG deals with this than Steam, some older games on Steam don't even ship with the music, those guys don't care.

Use my guide to get the game running using DxWnd.
DxWnd has a built-in framerate limiter that will mostly fix the main problem. And if you want you can follow the extra steps to make the UI/fonts look bigger on the screen.

https://www.gog.com/forum/simcity_series/fixed_these_problems_using_dxwnd_map_scrolling_speed_high_cpu_usage_small_textui/page1
FeelingShred: Fixed mouse problems and map scrolling speed using DxWnd.
It's rather upsetting that they sell the game in this broken state, indeed. But I prefer the way GOG deals with this than Steam, some older games on Steam don't even ship with the music, those guys don't care.

Use my guide to get the game running using DxWnd.
DxWnd has a built-in framerate limiter that will mostly fix the main problem. And if you want you can follow the extra steps to make the UI/fonts look bigger on the screen.

https://www.gog.com/forum/simcity_series/fixed_these_problems_using_dxwnd_map_scrolling_speed_high_cpu_usage_small_textui/page1
Honestly GOG needs to patch this in somehow. This and Lock's Quest I have some annoyances with and because of that I generally avoid buying older, less popular games/ports.