It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A modified in-game video pack that let you watch the FMV in 16:9 ratio.
Play GOG version SH4 in 16:9 along with the correct aspect ratio of FMV.

Converted from the PS2 version.
Doesn't support aspect ratio other than 16:9.

Download Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K0FJ09jOh12h4_CqEFSp2giOySI80xT9/view

How to use:
Just replace the files in the Movie folders with the pack.
Attachments:
sample1.jpg (60 Kb)
sample2.jpg (46 Kb)
Post edited October 19, 2020 by Catawake
Catawake: A modified in-game video pack that let you watch the FMV in 16:9 ratio.

Download Link:

How to use:
I just tested it, black bars are still there
This is Silent Hill 4: The Room 16:9 FMV Pack by CataBridge, right? It needs ThirteenAG Widescreen Fix to work propertly :)
qqryq667: This is Silent Hill 4: The Room 16:9 FMV Pack by CataBridge, right? It needs ThirteenAG Widescreen Fix to work propertly :)
Yeah, I'm catabridge myself. I'll test if the gog version is not working properly with this tomorrow.
qqryq667: This is Silent Hill 4: The Room 16:9 FMV Pack by CataBridge, right? It needs ThirteenAG Widescreen Fix to work propertly :)
Catawake: Yeah, I'm catabridge myself. I'll test if the gog version is not working properly with this tomorrow.
Niiice to meet you!

I tested it with GOG version and didn't work. ThirteenAG Widescreen Fix must be applied :)
Catawake: Yeah, I'm catabridge myself. I'll test if the gog version is not working properly with this tomorrow.
qqryq667: Niiice to meet you!

I tested it with GOG version and didn't work. ThirteenAG Widescreen Fix must be applied :)
What i did was only modify the videos to make them being stretched in the opposite direction. So it should work with every version tho.
qqryq667: Niiice to meet you!

Catawake: What i did was only modify the videos to make them being stretched in the opposite direction. So it should work with every version tho.
Does the resolution matter? I tested it only in 4K, and it didn't work. Perhaps it would in 1920x1080...
Post edited October 19, 2020 by qqryq667
Just tested it in 1920x1080, didn't work either...
qqryq667: Just tested it in 1920x1080, didn't work either...
I’ve tested and it works fine. Maybe u can upload a screenshot to show your issue?
PS: the pak only changes the video files, nothing will change in the realtime render cutscenes.
Worked for me after aplying the -just released- SH4's hotfix
CYRU5: Worked for me after aplying the -just released- SH4's hotfix
Yeah, i applied hotfix and it did the job for me too :)
Catawake: A modified in-game video pack that let you watch the FMV in 16:9 ratio.

Download Link:

How to use:
Thanks for the fantastic work on these! These look much better than the way the PC-release originally stretched out the videos for Widescreen displays. I thought the way they were originally was as intended, but using these video replacements makes very clear that things get squished a bit in the original PC-videos when playing the game in widescreen. (I assume that the vanilla-release here would still look best on 4:3 monitors without any adjustment if you wanted to play it that way though.)

A shame there aren't higher resolution versions of these videos in the correct aspect ratio, but even so, the quality serves the atmosphere of the game fine.

Thanks for making these available here, otherwise I would've missed out on playing the game with these :)
Post edited October 21, 2020 by FlamingFirewire
I just tried it with these movie files [hotfix installed]. Leaving the subway (second time) with Eileen - "m_09.pac" I believe. It's almost 16:9, but there are still 2 narrow black bars top & bottom.

I could try to make a screen recording - but I hate the maze-like subway part and I don't feel like doing this last part over again.
teceem: I just tried it with these movie files [hotfix installed]. Leaving the subway (second time) with Eileen - "m_09.pac" I believe. It's almost 16:9, but there are still 2 narrow black bars top & bottom.

I could try to make a screen recording - but I hate the maze-like subway part and I don't feel like doing this last part over again.
I leave those bars on intension cuz the original video is a bit narrower than 16: 9, feels like it's about 16: 8.x.

Download Link:

How to use:
FlamingFirewire: Thanks for the fantastic work on these! These look much better than the way the PC-release originally stretched out the videos for Widescreen displays. I thought the way they were originally was as intended, but using these video replacements makes very clear that things get squished a bit in the original PC-videos when playing the game in widescreen. (I assume that the vanilla-release here would still look best on 4:3 monitors without any adjustment if you wanted to play it that way though.)

A shame there aren't higher resolution versions of these videos in the correct aspect ratio, but even so, the quality serves the atmosphere of the game fine.

Thanks for making these available here, otherwise I would've missed out on playing the game with these :)
I'm glad that u enjoyed it :)
Post edited October 23, 2020 by Catawake
Catawake: I leave those bars on intension cuz the original video is a bit narrower than 16: 9, feels like it's about 16: 8.x.
Makes sense! Thanks for your work and sharing it!