It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This repeatedly happens and won't clear, i thnk there was a similar issue when i used to play this "back in the day" and i am sure there was a patch that fixed it......does anyone know where you can get it please?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Coldwarwarrior: This repeatedly happens and won't clear, i thnk there was a similar issue when i used to play this "back in the day" and i am sure there was a patch that fixed it......does anyone know where you can get it please?
There are three unofficial patches available that should fix the problem. More information here: https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier%27s_Alpha_Centauri#Unofficial_Patches
Ok, i tried installing the patches but nothing has worked, i followed the readme files, but am wondering if i misinterpreted them (i am far from a whizz on these things) any thoughts please mate?
Coldwarwarrior: Ok, i tried installing the patches but nothing has worked, i followed the readme files, but am wondering if i misinterpreted them (i am far from a whizz on these things) any thoughts please mate?
For the patches, assuming you want to install the yitzi one, you unzip the contents of v3.5 (primary patch) in the AC folder and accept to overwrite any files needed (press Yes or Yes to everything or whatever). Then do the same for the sub-versions named 3.5b to 3.5d, one at a time. Then you may want to install PRACX.

You'll find the patches here: http://alphacentauri2.info/index.php?action=downloads;cat=2

When finished, load your game and see if the problem persists. If it does, then you may have to start a new game in case old save files are incompatible with the unofficial patch in some way. Also, you may want to keep the bugged save files in case you want to contact GOG support. I'm afraid i can't offer any more help other than that.