It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

For Windows we've uploaded and flagged a 2.2 megabyte file called "Patch 2.0.8". We've also updated the main Windows installer for those of you who want to have an installer with the latest version of the game installed. (filename:
setup_shadowrun_dragonfall_directors_cut_2.1.0.7.exe)

For Mac, please make sure to download the file labeled shadowrun_dragonfall_dc_2.5.0.17.dmg.

For Linux, please make sure to download the file labeled gog_shadowrun_dragonfall_dc_1.5.0.8.tar.gz.

Changes for version 2.0.8:

Resolved edge case issue that caused a play blocker in Trial Run mission.
Various other small bug fixes.
Various typos fixed.

Thanks and have a nice day :)
Thank you, I will :)
So, why is the patch called 2.0.8 and the main installer 2.1.0.7?
ELFswe: So, why is the patch called 2.0.8 and the main installer 2.1.0.7?
Isn't it the title of the patch or is the actual patch file name also called that? It updates the game version to 2.0.8.
The GOG name of the patch is also 2.1.0.7, it's the game version that's 2.0.8, as Gydion said.
HypersomniacLive: The GOG name of the patch is also 2.1.0.7, it's the game version that's 2.0.8, as Gydion said.
Mm, ok. Odd system though. Made to confuse :)
HypersomniacLive: The GOG name of the patch is also 2.1.0.7, it's the game version that's 2.0.8, as Gydion said.
ELFswe: Mm, ok. Odd system though. Made to confuse :)
Yep. I've lost track of how many times this kind of confusion/discussion has happened with GOG's freaky release numbers. Seems like almost every single update to every game recently...

Makes one wonder if they'll ever do something about it... Bearing in mind that GOG does need to have the ability to create updates/installers with different version numbers, for those old games where GOG has had to do some patching/wrapping/DOSBOX-packaging...
squid830: Yep. I've lost track of how many times this kind of confusion/discussion has happened with GOG's freaky release numbers. Seems like almost every single update to every game recently...
It's the reason I no longer buy from GOG if there is an alternative Steam release....sadly.
squid830: Yep. I've lost track of how many times this kind of confusion/discussion has happened with GOG's freaky release numbers. Seems like almost every single update to every game recently...
stubbie: It's the reason I no longer buy from GOG if there is an alternative Steam release....sadly.
Well that sucks - by which I mean if people are leaving GOG to go to Steam. I hate Steam and its pseudo-DRM third-party crap you have to install.

GOG - you listening? For the love of all that is good and old and gamey (and not Steam) - sort your shit out please!
stubbie: It's the reason I no longer buy from GOG if there is an alternative Steam release....sadly.
Then where do you buy it? Steam just calls them Update 1, Update 2, Update 3, which is all kinds of fucking confusing.

Not that I disagree - GOG really needs to get their shit together when it comes to patching and patch clarity.
Luckmann: Then where do you buy it? Steam just calls them Update 1, Update 2, Update 3, which is all kinds of fucking confusing.

Not that I disagree - GOG really needs to get their shit together when it comes to patching and patch clarity.
I was under the impression that Steam auto-updates everything for you as well - or is that not the case?

I've noticed a number of times people going ape on the Steam boards because the latest update to some game added more bugs than it fixed, and they had to wait for the patch to be reverted. If that kind of thing happened on GOG, we could just revert it ourselves.
Post edited May 24, 2015 by squid830
JudasIscariot: We've also updated the main Windows installer for those of you who want to have an installer with the latest version of the game installed. (filename: setup_shadowrun_dragonfall_directors_cut_2.1.0.7.exe)
I don't want my games auto patched. I want to be able to download the base and patch it to what ever level I have the option to due to the patch history... You know, like I have been doing.

A lot of patches break things and /or introduce mechanic changes.

I want to be able to choose my patches.

I don't want one installer for latest version, I have a brain I can manage my own gaming.

You better not be doing this for all my purchases.

I want the base game and the patch history.

You're not helping anyone except the stupid people, why should my gaming experience be dragged down to their level? This is NOT convenience, it's you dicking around.

Case in point, 2.08 was already broken and a 2.09 patch has had to be released.. now I have an installer at a patch version I don't necessarily want and I have to patch it anyway because it's broken?
FUUUUUU... and you screw us on being able to revert it into the bargain... Do you expect a thank you for that? You won't bloody get one from me.

squid830: If that kind of thing happened on GOG, we could just revert it ourselves.
Not anymore, if they're just going to make the installer the latest version.
Post edited June 14, 2015 by Tormentfan
squid830: If that kind of thing happened on GOG, we could just revert it ourselves.
Tormentfan: Not anymore, if they're just going to make the installer the latest version.
Well you can if you keep the installers/patches of the previous versions yourself.

But I do agree with you in that GOG should (ideally) have the main game + patches available. Whether this is that feasible is another matter (all those extra files to manage/host might be an issue).
Now, don't be too harsh. If a game has bugs, I want a patch. And if the patch is integrated in the latest installer and everything works, fine by me. I bought some of my games years ago and downloading the base installer plus several patches would be bothersome.

However, I agree that if the patch also has bugs, I would rather wait until that is fixed.

Maybe a viable solution would be a kind of archives section - hidden somewhere with the downloader-able links - with the base game and the patches. So, people who like selecting their patches can do so, and people who did not download any previous version can get a fully patched single installer.
Post edited June 15, 2015 by Klorix
i have installed the game it gives me the play green button but when i click it the game dosent start ........