It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

miluthui: Instead of installing quicktime 4 and then removing the quicktime.qts in the game folder can we just replace it with the v4 one directly? Can someone upload just the file quicktime.qts version 4 so that I can test this?

EDIT: If using the new gog installer v2.0.0.10 there's no need to install quicktime at all because the movies are already converted to avi format but the game is stuttering so much it runs so slowly on my windows 8.1 gaming laptop which has the core i7-7500HQ and the GTX970M any idea how to fix it?
Septerra Core doesn't like when there are other processes running in the background (internet browser, MS Office, etc.).
I finally got it to work 100% it's really simple there's no need to install quicktime at all, first u need the old gog installer as the new 2.0.0.10 installer doesn't have the old quicktime movie format anymore.

After installing the game just delete or rename QuickTime.qtp and QuickTime.qts in the game folder, download this zip file

mega.nz/#!fhIFGT5b!qaHCS3RcDey6vXo2c6umwogAL5VlZBTI-CVBDz8nmRk

and extract it to Windows\SysWOW64 (the files in the zip file are just the v4 QuickTime.qtp and QuickTime.qts) then run the game (You may need to set "Run this program as an administrator" for the game to work).

The movies play just fine and the game runs smooth no slow down at all.
Post edited September 19, 2015 by miluthui
Oh, wow. Thank you!

I had tried doing something like that, but I totally forgot about SysWOW64.

I believe that should only work for 64 bit versions of Windows. If anyone is having trouble and has a 32 bit version of WIndows, I think it would be the Windows\System folder instead, but I can't check.
miluthui: After installing the game just delete or rename QuickTime.qtp and QuickTime.qts in the game folder, download this zip file

and extract it to Windows\SysWOW64 (the files in the zip file are just the v4 QuickTime.qtp and QuickTime.qts) then run the game (You may need to set "Run this program as an administrator" for the game to work).
Does anyone have these files mirrored anywhere? They are no longer at that listed Mega URL...
miluthui: After installing the game just delete or rename QuickTime.qtp and QuickTime.qts in the game folder, download this zip file

ValamirCleaver: Does anyone have these files mirrored anywhere? They are no longer at that listed Mega URL...
I just checked and it's still there mate did you copy and paste it correctly?
Thank you so much! Worked like a charm!!

It even got rid of my stuttering mouse problem!! :D
Post edited February 15, 2016 by Knighthawk36
CalinTM: OK, finally someone found a fix for the game to proper work on windows 7 and windows 8

1. Install the game (GOG version or Steam version)
2.Install this very old version of quick time from here: http://www.oldapps.com/quicktime_player.php?old_quicktime=14#download-section

The whole problem was that the game needed that old version of quick time for the game files to proper work.

Enjoy this game on windows 8 !!
This solution won't work if you already have an updated version of quicktime that you frequently use...