It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

We've uploaded a new installer that contains ROTT (2013) version 1.5. For the best results and to ensure that the cross-platform multiplayer works as expected, please uninstall version 1.4 before installing version 1.5.

Yes, it means you'll have to re-download the installers again but, unfortunately, the changes are too big for a simple patch.

With that in mind, please make sure you have the following installation files:

setup_the_rise_of_the_triad_2.3.0.18.exe
setup_the_rise_of_the_triad_2.3.0.18-1.bin
setup_the_rise_of_the_triad_2.3.0.18-2.bin

Changes for version 1.5:

Fixes:
- Doomstick now properly "cooks" the health items;
- CTF flag will automatically return after being dropped if no one interacts with it for a while;
- Fixed bug where enemies became invulnerable to direct hits after they have feigned death;
- Fixed bug where player would spawn only with a pistol before encountering first checkpoint after death in single player mode;
- Fixed bug where player would spawn with an MP40 at the beginning of E1L1 when starting game from over-world menu;
- Checkpoint field in Pause Menu will now show the name of the current checkpoint/chapter;
- Misc level fixes in E2L4.
- Numerous quicksave related fixes
- Other various minor fixes.
- Voiceovers added tweaked and improved for:
UberPatrol
Monks
Dirty Sanchez
Ballistikraft
-Sounds Changed and tweaked for:
Enemy Pistols
Doomstick enemy kill
Doomstick alt fire

For multiplayer, we have added our own cross-platform multiplayer that will allow you, yes you, to play with your friends across all digital distribution platforms :)

Thanks and have a nice day :)
JudasIscariot: For multiplayer, we have added our own cross-platform multiplayer that will allow you, yes you, to play with your friends across all digital distribution platforms :)

...and downloaded!

I'll have to try multiplayer over the weekend, as that would be the first cross-service multiplayer game. Or was AvP also cross-service already?
JudasIscariot: For multiplayer, we have added our own cross-platform multiplayer that will allow you, yes you, to play with your friends across all digital distribution platforms :)

Geralt_of_Rivia: ...and downloaded!

I'll have to try multiplayer over the weekend, as that would be the first cross-service multiplayer game. Or was AvP also cross-service already?
AvP was cross-play ready right from the start :)
Um, ok that's kind of awesome... I was kind of ranting a bit about the game not being updated yet here about 5 hours ago, and crashing right on startup, almost to the minute as it was being updated. Talk about service! LOL
skeletonbow: Um, ok that's kind of awesome... I was kind of ranting a bit about the game not being updated yet here about 5 hours ago, and crashing right on startup, almost to the minute as it was being updated. Talk about service! LOL
Yes, and the multi works so no regrets for you :P
Welp, thats one less outdated title on this site... Now lets see what you can do for Luftrausers, Slender, System Shock 2, and Shadow Warrior (if you weren't already on the case for that one).
Post edited April 18, 2015 by Gengar78
skeletonbow: Um, ok that's kind of awesome... I was kind of ranting a bit about the game not being updated yet here about 5 hours ago, and crashing right on startup, almost to the minute as it was being updated. Talk about service! LOL
JudasIscariot: Yes, and the multi works so no regrets for you :P
I downloaded the update but in the mean time I used up all my free disk space so wont get to try it out for a while again now. ;oP Still, nice to finally have the update here. Hopefully some other games that are publisher neglected on GOG will wake up and send you guys patches too. I know a few that eventually did, but man... maybe we need some laws or something... :)

Maybe GOG should add ot their publisher contracts "If you patch a game, you must furnish a compatible patch to GOG.com within n days/weeks/months of furnishing it through any other distribution platform also or $consequence" etc... :)
JudasIscariot: Yes, and the multi works so no regrets for you :P
skeletonbow: I downloaded the update but in the mean time I used up all my free disk space so wont get to try it out for a while again now. ;oP Still, nice to finally have the update here. Hopefully some other games that are publisher neglected on GOG will wake up and send you guys patches too. I know a few that eventually did, but man... maybe we need some laws or something... :)

Maybe GOG should add ot their publisher contracts "If you patch a game, you must furnish a compatible patch to GOG.com within n days/weeks/months of furnishing it through any other distribution platform also or $consequence" etc... :)
My thoughts exactly.
Whether or not you play the game on Steam you should probably follow the Rise of the Triad page there to get announcements for multiplayer events. There's a EU Saturday Night ROTT multiplayer event going on right now, and there'll be one for US players in about 5 hours. Convert that to your local time zones and remember the time, because it happens just about every week on the same time.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/217140/events/154588645651512219
Hey guys, this was no small feat to get working for us - hope you appreciate it! Sorry it took so long. And know that MORE UPDATES are coming! SOON™

If you ever have any questions about ROTT or need help getting maps working with your version you can always find me at Doshry@Gmail.com or @DaveOshry on Twitter ^__^

Dave "El Oshcuro" Oshry
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ElOshcuro
Post edited April 18, 2015 by CrzyFooL
The new installer does not work for me, it crashes to desktop just after the Apogee intro, and then I get a "Ludicrous.exe has stopped responding" a few moments later.
Crosmando: The new installer does not work for me, it crashes to desktop just after the Apogee intro, and then I get a "Ludicrous.exe has stopped responding" a few moments later.
That being said, for others it may work. Like me for instance - the installer worked just fine. This statement is not intended to make your issue any less important Crosmando. I believe more information is always needed to help resolve these issues.

With that in mind, what other troubleshooting steps have you tried to help resolve this issue, but didn't work out?

Curious,

BurntSoul
Post edited May 18, 2015 by BurntSoul
Crosmando: The new installer does not work for me, it crashes to desktop just after the Apogee intro, and then I get a "Ludicrous.exe has stopped responding" a few moments later.
BurntSoul: That being said, for others it may work. Like me for instance - the installer worked just fine. This statement is not intended to make your issue any less important Crosmando. I believe more information is always needed to help resolve these issues.

With that in mind, what other troubleshooting steps have you tried to help resolve this issue, but didn't work out?

Curious,

BurntSoul
What fixed it for me, was having to install the "optional" Galaxy program. I figured this out, when the error message the game gave me, referenced it by name. I think we, the customers, need to have a sit down with GOG.com about stuff like that.