It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just downloaded and installed version 2.4.0.18 and now the game won't start anymore, it crashes to desktop almost immediately. The previous version worked fine on my system. From the errorReport.txt file in the game directory:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SpaceTech.Font.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

Any ideas on this one?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
OliD: Just downloaded and installed version 2.4.0.18 and now the game won't start anymore, it crashes to desktop almost immediately. The previous version worked fine on my system. From the errorReport.txt file in the game directory:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SpaceTech.Font.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

Any ideas on this one?
I too am having this exact problem. Can anybody provide insight? xna files 3.1 and 4.0 are installed on my system
binks725: I too am having this exact problem. Can anybody provide insight? xna files 3.1 and 4.0 are installed on my system
The new version 2.4.0.18 of Reus came with a new version of SpaceTech.Font.dll, which caused the problem for me. At that time I still had the installer of an older version of the game (2.3.0.17) around and copied it's SpaceTech.Font.dll to the new version's folder and - presto - it worked.

I posted this issue in the forum of Abbey Games three months ago (see here) and they promised to "look into this", but not a word since then, of course.
Post edited May 03, 2016 by OliD
OliD: The new version 2.4.0.18 of Reus came with a new version of SpaceTech.Font.dll, which caused the problem for me. At that time I still had the installer of an older version of the game (2.3.0.17) around and copied it's SpaceTech.Font.dll to the new version's folder and - presto - it worked.

I posted this issue in the forum of Abbey Games three months ago (see here) and they promised to "look into this", but not a word since then, of course.
Hi OliD, I'm having the same issue and I have no idea of where I can get the old dll file. The developer on Abbey website has promised a fix in February but still nothing. When such a fix is just an old file they already have, it's uncomprehensible. I have bought this game in summer and still have not been able to play it on 3 different computers. Sorry for the rant!
If you or any other player still happen to have that dll I'd like to put my hands on it and see what kind of "masterpiece" is this game that's taking me hours to try to launch.
OliD: The new version 2.4.0.18 of Reus came with a new version of SpaceTech.Font.dll, which caused the problem for me. At that time I still had the installer of an older version of the game (2.3.0.17) around and copied it's SpaceTech.Font.dll to the new version's folder and - presto - it worked.

Cecco: Hi OliD, I'm having the same issue and I have no idea of where I can get the old dll file. The developer on Abbey website has promised a fix in February but still nothing. When such a fix is just an old file they already have, it's uncomprehensible. I have bought this game in summer and still have not been able to play it on 3 different computers. Sorry for the rant!
If you or any other player still happen to have that dll I'd like to put my hands on it and see what kind of "masterpiece" is this game that's taking me hours to try to launch.
Hi Cecco, one of the devs posted an older version of the file in this thread.
Post edited November 02, 2016 by OliD
OliD: Hi Cecco, one of the devs posted an older version of the file in this thread.
Thank you OliD! It worked.
Post edited November 02, 2016 by Cecco
OliD: Hi Cecco, one of the devs posted an older version of the file in this thread.
Cecco: Thank you OliD! It worked.
You're welcome.
In short.
I had this issue on one of mine PC as well.
Resolved by: "vc 2017 redistributable x86"