It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello GOG Community!
I am a Quest for Glory fan and I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the early "Sneak Peek" Quest for Glory V demo from 1997 that they could send me through a private chat. I believe it came out on a soundtrack CD, but correct me if I'm wrong. I looked for the demo online, but I never found a trustworthy download source. So that is why I'm here on the GOG forums. Again, if anyone has a copy, I would appreciate it if they could send it to me through private chat.
Thanks,
-hamster101
I don't know if I still have it buried somewhere, but it's unlikely that I'd be able to find it now (since it would be lost in the depths of storage). I'm pretty sure that it would still count as copyrighted though, so sending it online wouldn't be legit.

However, from having played it at the time, you aren't missing anything: it has the same city map sections as the actual game, and you can't leave the city. There are no interactibles and no NPCs aside from a few hostile guards that you can fight. You have a sword and the flame dart/force bolt spells. You can also use Elsa or Magnum with the "multiplayer" mode, but other than having a different model and Magnum defaulting to a spear, they're identical to the Hero and they're confined to the same essentially-empty map.
Post edited July 01, 2015 by Garran
Garran: I don't know if I still have it buried somewhere, but it's unlikely that I'd be able to find it now (since it would be lost in the depths of storage). I'm pretty sure that it would still count as copyrighted though, so sending it online wouldn't be legit.

However, from having played it at the time, you aren't missing anything: it has the same city map sections as the actual game, and you can't leave the city. There are no interactibles and no NPCs aside from a few hostile guards that you can fight. You have a sword and the flame dart/force bolt spells. You can also use Elsa or Magnum with the "multiplayer" mode, but other than having a different model and Magnum defaulting to a spear, they're identical to the Hero and they're confined to the same essentially-empty map.
Ok. What I heard was that the demo used a higher-quality graphics engine to render the 3d models, so as a result the animations were more "fluid". And of course, the multiplayer with Elsa and Magnum.
hamster101: I believe it came out on a soundtrack CD, but correct me if I'm wrong. I looked for the demo online, but I never found a trustworthy download source.
How about Sierra Help?
hamster101: I believe it came out on a soundtrack CD, but correct me if I'm wrong. I looked for the demo online, but I never found a trustworthy download source.
Gydion: How about Sierra Help?
Sierrahelp.com is down, but I was still able to get a cached copy of the demo. However, the cached copy didn't work, even when I tried various compatibility modes and other settings. Apparantly it's a webpackage stub when you open it up in the Task Manager.
Good luck. I remember playing that demo back on my Pentium 75 Windows 98 machine back in the day. Struggled to get it to start.. crashed constantly. Put me off playing the full game for many years but fortunately in the end I had very little trouble with that!
Post edited July 10, 2015 by Blake00