It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I guess it depends on you meaning of "as it should." The glquake is well known to be subpar, see the pictures yourself.
etb: I guess it depends on you meaning of "as it should." The glquake is well known to be subpar, see the pictures yourself.
You can't see music in pictures :)

But I'll bite, you can use of the source port with the burnt CD too.
And it also works with old CD players, it can be useful for car trips or similar situations :D
Post edited January 13, 2016 by etb
EDIT: Actually the game recognizes the CD cue file when mounted with Deamon Tools Lite. The other CDs are the expansions?

So is it enough if I mount and play the tracks as an audio cd?
Would the game originally just play all the tracks in order, not depending on what's going on in the game itself?
Post edited February 21, 2016 by TabaquiX
You still have the problem of the shifted tracks.
dwyloc: OK it look like gog have renamed winmm.dll to _winmm.dll

So if you want to re-enable playing back the music from .ogg files it would seem that you need to do the following.

1. Mount the CDIMAGE game.gog with daemon tools or cd emulation software of choice.
2. rip tracks2 - track11 with CDEx (or other ripping software of choice) as ogg the "music" folder inside your gog quake folder as Track02.ogg - Track11.ogg
3. rename _winmm.dll to winmm.dll
4. run qlquake as normal from the icon and enjoy the music.
this is not working for me.
the game crashes during startup.

is there a way (or a log) to understand what's going on and what not?

thanks
yogsloth: Can we have the "for morons" version of how to do this?
DAlancole: 1. Open up any disk image mounting program (I like PowerISO but Demon Tools will do)
2. Mount the CUE
3. Start up the game.
4. Enjoy the music.

That's about it. The Windows version should find the mounted CUE on its own.
this is not working for me.

i've even tried to change the drive letter, assigning "D" (my first CD drive) to the virtual drive with Quake mounted.

any advice?
DAlancole: 1. Open up any disk image mounting program (I like PowerISO but Demon Tools will do)
2. Mount the CUE
3. Start up the game.
4. Enjoy the music.

That's about it. The Windows version should find the mounted CUE on its own.
wirezen: this is not working for me.

i've even tried to change the drive letter, assigning "D" (my first CD drive) to the virtual drive with Quake mounted.

any advice?
Very late reply but here goes.
The first drive in Windows (doesn't matter if physical or virtual) is the one that must contain the disc.
The music will NOT play if you insert it in another drive.
Followed both Phil's and Hans' guides, and I'm still hearing no music. Whether I use GOG's launcher or Quakespasm. :-\
AgentBirdnest: Followed both Phil's and Hans' guides, and I'm still hearing no music. Whether I use GOG's launcher or Quakespasm. :-\
could it be the same issue I had?
Is your virtual drive the first disk drive in Windows?
omega64: could it be the same issue I had?
Nah, I don't even have a virtual drive :-)
omega64: could it be the same issue I had?
AgentBirdnest: Nah, I don't even have a virtual drive :-)
Ok, I mounted the iso in my virtual drive that's why.
I wasn't gonna use an actual cd for it. xD
To make it easier, can we just burn the image on a real disc, put it into our physical drive and use that?
It's very easy :

1) If you don't want to rip the cd image, you can download the ogg files on the net. The track names must be track02.ogg etc.

The site quaddicted.com proposed a zip file containing the ogg files ( who must be renamed ).

2) Put these files here : C:\GOG Games\Quake\MUSIC

3) rename _winmm.dll to winmm.dll

4) Enjoy !
Post edited June 10, 2016 by jbbourgoin
jbbourgoin: It's very easy :

1) If you don't want to rip the cd image, you can download the ogg files on the net. The track names must be track02.ogg etc.

The site quaddicted.com proposed a zip file containing the ogg files ( who must be renamed ).

2) Put these files here : C:\GOG Games\Quake\MUSIC

3) rename _winmm.dll to winmm.dll

4) Enjoy !
It works.
Ha, that's truly simple and easy - many thanks for this :)