It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The new patch is feeling mostly great! Good job! Im pretty early into the game so far, but here are my feedbacks:

1) I still have screen tearing even with fullscreen and vsync on. This is a common issue for me with Unity games, since I use the classic theme on Windows 7, which does not have a compositor with vsync activated. I don't know what is the deal with Unity games and the classic theme, but unlike other engines, the vsync does not work on most of games using this engine. Trying to force vsync on Nvidia panel does not work.

2) Sometimes I have some weird freezes, it's a bit random (but it happens at least once per level) and doesn't seem to be tied with anything specific in game, they last less than a second but they are really disorienting (I'm playing on a i7 2600, GTX 970 and 8 GB of Ram). Sorry, I know this one is pretty useless. If is there anything I can do to test this, I would be glad to help.

3) I'd really appreciate a confirmation dialogue for Restarting the level. I already restarted the level accidentaly three times while testing different settings. This one is mostly my fault, but it would be nice to have the dialogue option to prevent idiots like myself from losing progress.

Keep up with the great work!
moved to bug report
Post edited December 13, 2018 by evilbananas
Just wanted to say the new patch feels great and I feel like is the first update that finally squashes the games many graphical oddities to the point that it's playable on my GTX 1080 and 144hz Monitor. Thank you Buckshot for your continued efforts to update the game!
Some feedback about the first level on Hardcore difficulty:

Please change the first room you drop down to. I don't know how many times I just died in this very first room because you don't have any space to avoid being hit there. If you don't get hit by the projectiles of enemies then ít will be the explosion from one of the barrels standing in this room that will take most of your health away or just end the run. NO FUN. This room simply sucks. The one time I managed to stay alive after this room I had only 6 hp left. Reduce the amount of enemies in that room and place them somewhere later in the level and/or remove the explosive barrels.

Same goes for the enemies placed when you are using the elevator to go down. Once again you have no real space to avoid being hit by their projectiles. NO FUN. Change the enemy placement there too please.

Some other things:

Change the key for running from H to Left Shift as default. H for running doesn't make any sense when you use WASD for movement.

Please add an option to turn on/off automatic weapon switching. I died to that also a few times on hardcore. I had the dagger equiped and was holding the left mouse button to be ready to throw it when I suddenly picked up some dynamite and automatically threw it against the wall next to me. The explosion from that dynamite instakilled me (I had full health). This wouldn't have happended with an option to turn weapon switching off. Please add this feature to the preferences options.

Barrels on E1M1 often drop stuff (e.g. shotgun shells or arrows) you couldn't even use because you haven't gotten those weapons yet. Also sometimes they have additional enemies like spiders or zombies inside. Once one barrel even made an enemy from E2 (ice spider) spawn on E1M1.

The third and the last form of the final boss can be killed with the Chain Reactor in one hit which shouldn't be a thing imo.

I don't know why but I still have this annoying frame stuttering (starts to happen on E1M2).
Post edited December 15, 2018 by Berzerk2002
Berzerk2002: Some feedback about the first level on Hardcore difficulty:

Please change the first room you drop down to. I don't know how many times I just died in this very first room because you don't have any space to avoid being hit there. If you don't get hit by the projectiles of enemies then ít will be the explosion from one of the barrels standing in this room that will take most of your health away or just end the run. NO FUN. This room simply sucks. The one time I managed to stay alive after this room I had only 6 hp left. Reduce the amount of enemies in that room and place them somewhere later in the level and/or remove the explosive barrels.

Same goes for the enemies placed when you are using the elevator to go down. Once again you have no real space to avoid being hit by their projectiles. NO FUN. Change the enemy placement there too please.

Some other things:

Change the key for running from H to Left Shift as default. H for running doesn't make any sense when you use WASD for movement.

Please add an option to turn on/off automatic weapon switching. I died to that also a few times on hardcore. I had the dagger equiped and was holding the left mouse button to be ready to throw it when I suddenly picked up some dynamite and automatically threw it against the wall next to me. The explosion from that dynamite instakilled me (I had full health). This wouldn't have happended with an option to turn weapon switching off. Please add this feature to the preferences options.

Barrels on E1M1 often drop stuff (e.g. shotgun shells or arrows) you couldn't even use because you haven't gotten those weapons yet. Also sometimes they have additional enemies like spiders or zombies inside. Once one barrel even made an enemy from E2 (ice spider) spawn on E1M1.

The third and the last form of the final boss can be killed with the Chain Reactor in one hit which shouldn't be a thing imo.

I don't know why but I still have this annoying frame stuttering (starts to happen on E1M2).
Hi Berzerk!

I really like your ideas - preferences specifically. I'll make sure to add that in the future among other things!

Best Regards
Jakub
Howdy ho!

Just finished this game, and it was swelltastic! I really liked all different themes and the enemies' forms straight outta some jRPG. xD Weapons, magic, secrets, all the general atmosphere came together like peanut butter and blackberry jam. The 80s/90s AdLib-like music was really good too. I hereby announce this game is my favorite first person shooter from now on. Give me your address, so I can send you an order, please (not really, hehe).

The only thing of minor gripe I have with this game is the weird stutter that no VSync mode in nVidia control panel helped to tame. I guess it's because 2D application and not 3D one, so the graphic card's driver can't really control any aspect of it. Or something. I didn't have any problems of that nature with other Unity games (Paper Sorcerer, Thea: The Awakening, or Ori and the Blind Forest), so I don't know what's going on. Maybe you could fetch for a third party opinion of another Unity developer, regarding this issue?

But in the end, it's not that important, as your production is still ultra astonishing.

Cheers!
Post edited December 19, 2018 by Wickez
Little more feedback:

1) Tank boss: You can stay in the elevator the whole fight and cheese the boss without taking much or any damage. I think you should lock the elevator with a door/grate closing behind you once you are in the area with the boss like you did it on the Sphinx boss already.

2) I was looking at some older screenshots of the game and saw one had a different looking HUD which I kinda like (screenshot attached). It would be cool if we could have this one and maybe some other HUD variants in the game.
Attachments:
pwoldhud.jpg (145 Kb)
Hello,

1. Game is definitely too dark. I have to hold Mouse 2 constantly (to keep the Light spell up) instead of shooting, because I don't see where I'm going. Please consider giving Light spell a duration (it can orbit the player) or adding a new perk Lightbringer (5 Spirit req) which would make Light spell constant. Some FPS fans have bad eyesight or nyctalopia.

2. Holy Guard spell makes the game too dark. Is this really necessary? Most levels are already pretty dark. Perhaps you could make the effect more subtle and less obtrusive. It's very hard to see with Holy Guard up.

3. Please consider making ammo visible in the weapons HUD. This is so we have a sense of which weapon is usable without guessing. In tough situations cycling weapons can be costly, let alone at higher difficulties. Here is an example I made quickly (https://i.imgur.com/a3geJzC.jpg).

4. Make the head bobbing optional. I understand some players are experiencing motion sickness, but some of us like it because it reminds us of classic games like DooM. There is already a strong spirit of optionality in the game.

EDIT:

5. Soul Collector perk is a waste of points. Not only does mana disappear after 1s, they also provide a measly amount. When using ranged weapons it's impossible to pick them up in time. Either make them give more mana (and disappear quickly) or make them stay longer.
Post edited January 03, 2019 by Luj1
(UPDATED - SEE BELOW)
Hello,

Finished the game twice, playing it on hardcore now. I got to say it's fantastic. Love the awesome animations, retro textures, colour palette, lovely music, neat level design, the immersive atmosphere, pop-culture references etc. Since this is a feedback forum, however, I do have a few observations / suggestions that I would like to share:

1. There are a few moments where it's really easy to die by pure accident. I wouldn't normally mind, but this makes the game nearly unplayable on hard mode (esp. during first boss).

2. The mini-map is not very useful. It would be great if the player could get it to fullscreen with a button (like TAB). Also, it would be really helpful if coloured doors / sections were colour-coded, or had some distinct icons to mark them.

3. Please either allow the player to return to a previously played level in order to find missed secrets, or add a secret-counter in game (or both). There is nothing more frustrating than seeing 'Secrets: 6/7' after completing the level and knowing you either cannot go back or have to repeat the whole section of the episode.

4. I found that there is too much ammo on the levels in general (for my personal liking anyway). Now while this doesn't affect the core gameplay, I personally hate exiting the level knowing that I left all these goodies behind just because they wouldn't fit in my inventory. A little scarcity would give much more value to ammo and thus more satisfaction when finding it (and would make the 'collector' perks actually useful).

5. Sometimes the BFG weapon doesn't kill all enemies. If I shoot a cluster of say 4 enemies, one or more is often unaffected somehow. (***UPDATE*** - I noticed that if you are too close to an enemy, the projectile goes right through them).

6. Some levels (especially in the Arctic episode) could desperately use more open space. Nothing builds atmosphere like getting lost in a fog.

7. All monsters seem to exhibit very similar behavioural patterns. They all either charge the player or charge the player and shoot at the same time. It would be nice to add some more variety in the AI department.

8. The spells are a bit meh. I may be wrong - I haven't used any past the glowy orb thingie - but that's because I didn't have any incentive to spend upgrade points on them. It felt like weapon mods (and they are awesome btw) were much more important and using points on spells would be an irreversible waste. Separate skill point types for mods and spells would solve this problem.

10. Please, please allow custom key bindings for weapons and skills. Some players like to have each weapon bound under a separate key close to WASD keys in order to instantly switch to a desired weapon without breaking the gameplay. I felt this is so important, that I skipped a number in my numeration.

11. Sometimes mouse sensitivity seems to accelerate for a few seconds. It seems to be a glitch. I think collecting certain items triggers this, but I am not sure. (***UPDATE*** - I noticed that mouse sensitivity is related directly to FPS and with each performance drop, it speeds up like crazy. May be related to my monitor's refresh rate - 144Hz. Also, sensitivity seems to increase when super-fast running).

12. The super-fast running is a welcome perk, but once you got it, you can either switch between lightning fast run or a sluggish walk. The normal running speed becomes unavailable. In my opinion, it would be a good idea to ditch walking altogether and just giving the option to choose between running and fast running (once you unlock this perk). Also, having to switch it on before every level is a bit annoying.

13. Monsters can be pretty quiet and it's hard for the player to locate / identify them in the vicinity just by hearing. Being able to hear them approach would add to the atmosphere. Pardon me for using another game as an example, but when I was a kid, I used to play a lot of Doom. One thing I remember is that nothing scared me as much as the heavy footsteps of an approaching Cyberdemon. Another Doom example - when I heard a few grunts from behind, I instantly knew I was being followed by Imps.

14. You desperately need to make PW 2. Or an extra episode or something. You can charge whatever you want - my malnourished wallet knows what's coming and already braced itself for the worst.

I think this is it for now. Bear in mind these are nit-picks more than anything, and the game is perfectly playable in its current state.

Thank you for all your work. The game is absolutely fantastic. I can't remember the last time when a game hooked me in so much. I know a lot of poeple compare it to Ion Maiden (which I got on Steam) and personally I think PW wins in most aspects (even though IM is still a good game). There is simply nothing that compares to PW in terms of aesthetics, and the only thing that gave me a similar amount of satisfaction when slaughtering monsters was Brutal Doom. Nothing else, not even the new Doom, comes close to how lovely it is to get your minigun and just mow down everything that moves.

Thanks again!
Post edited January 09, 2019 by dupadoroty
Any news about the next patch(es)?
Hey is at any point going to be a new game+ mode
Berzerk2002: Any news about the next patch(es)?
Hi,

I am working very hard on bringing a lot of requested features to the game, so it'll take a bit more time. Stay tuned!
jcdenton8253: Hey is at any point going to be a new game+ mode
There are a lot of ideas to consider, I'll keep you updated.
Post edited January 19, 2019 by BuckshotSoftware
I just picked up the game recently, and am currently in the Industrial world.

At some point I'd like to do a full review of the game, but I have a few main areas of feedback I'd like to provide:

1) "Player Receives Damage Sound Byte" - During the game, I often can't tell when I've taken damage, until I'm actually dead. On more than one occasion, I've realized I was at 5 or 9 HP and thought, "When did I get hit?" The shootouts are so frantic, that it's hard to tell. Thinking back to Doom and similar games, there's a *very* clear, and *very* crisp grunt, exhale, or grimace sound clip that plays. I know there is a hit sound that plays now, but it's so low compared to other sounds. Or perhaps add a volume slider just for the player voice volume as a quick workaround.

2) Hotkeys for Spells - Switching between weapons is pretty simple as the number keys are great shortcuts. However, I find using the spells to be very fiddly as you can _only_ use the mouse wheel, and especially as there's no way to reverse the mouse scroll selection direction. If we could map the spells to Shift+1/2/3, etc, that would dramatically improve their usability. Currently I just load Storm Rage and never use anything else because I inevitably get killed trying to switch to Holy Guard or Executor or something, as I must take my eyes off the combat in order to see what spell I'm selecting.

Hope the feedback helps, thanks for making this really fun game!
Post edited March 06, 2019 by Ralithrin
Thanks for the game. It is really refreshing to play simple, fast and very enjoyable shooter. I finished the game three times already but the higest difficulty level is too much for me. I'd like additional level between normal and hard. I hope you are successful with Project Warlock :-)
exiledalchemist: 1. Player Profiles so more then one player can keep progress in the game at a time. I'm married, and share a computer with my wife. She enjoys retro FPS games as much as I do so it makes it an annoyance to be forced to keep switching between manual back up saves just so nether of us will lose progress.
I'd love this to play around with the different builds.
Also a respec feature for the guns.

2. An option to export/import saves from in game. I've suffered my share of lost/corrupted saves over my nearly 30 years of gaming. I've seen the most stable save systems eventually create a corrupted save. It would be nice if at the very least an expot/import save feature was implemented to help prevent the issue, and would ease my paranoid mind on the matter.
Agreed, at least for safety. Although going to appdata/locallow/ is not that bad.

3. Contengency exit saves to prevent progress loss when in the middle of a map. It happens we all have times where we need to quit the game sooner then we would like due to life taking over, or when something running in the background on the computer needs to force close the game for various reasons. Still this shouldn't punish the player by forcing a map restart. It should do what other games, like rogue-likes, did right by having an exit save to prevent progress loss. Map resets should be saved for when the player makes a mistake, and dies in game not when the player can't control outside forces.
I'd also agree at least a quicksave for when you exit the game to get back to where you were.

All in all I really like the game. though I'd also ask for a new game plus or level select option on beating the game to carry on upgrading your character and playing around with your builds after defeating the final boss.
Maybe just unlock the level selection menu in the hub or something?
Single Level allows you to replay indeed, but it doesn't seem you can go back to the hub after beating the game (might have to check that again, I was still on v1.0.0.0).
Post edited April 30, 2019 by Megacyclo